Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

Flight1 Cardinal Available

Very easy pricing. If I wasn't so fully stuffed with little Cessnas or planes of that profile, I'd try it. Looks like a nice target for RXP 430 owners.

Can't beat the price, but as CoopIP mentioned I've also about got my single engine GA collection about where I want it. Nice selection of high and low wing. But then there is that price which is extremely tempting... Think I'll wait for a review first and go from there.

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

I'd normally pass (like others, I'm full up with single engine GA) but this makes me nostalgic for the old Dreamfleet Cardinal, which I still miss. So I might think about this one. For now will keep an eye out for reviews, though.

Guest Mik75

I'll probably buy it! The Flight1 C172 is really a little aged, I love their 182T with the fantastic G1000, so this may be a perfect fit for what I am looking for. With the RXP GNS it will be perfect for shorter hops with traditional steam gauges...

I just took a look at the screen shots and am so disappointed by that modern panel. For me the C177s have a distinctive looking panel and that's part of the appeal, just like the distinctive looking exterior. I realize these are 40 year old aircraft and there are probably very few that are 100% original, but Flight1's looks like something someone took to the avionics shop with $40,000 and told them to gut it and replace everything. The feel of the classic Cessna is gone.

I didn't think I could imagine a scenario where a developer would release a C177 and I wouldn't buy it, but Flight1 has managed to come up with one.

For me the C177s have a distinctive looking panel and that's part of the appeal, just like the distinctive looking exterior.

+1

I have a fair bit of C177 time, and planes I have time in always get a second and third look when they become available, but the unique panel was one of several things that made the Cardinal a different plane to fly. I would've been OK (in fact more than OK) with modern avionics but... with the old panel dimensions and basic look and feel. Dang.

I'll probably still give this a shot. The price is right and Flight1's return policy makes at least giving things a try a no brainer.

In any case, thanks for the heads-up Ryan.

Scott

Guest Mik75

I get your point, but since there is no decent up to date 172 in which I could integrate my RXP GNS gauges, I am downloading right now. In fact, I find the look of the panel quite nice. Maybe a little clean, but hey, there's is no "risk". If I find some things that are real show stoppers for me, like bad flight dynamics, I can go for a refund. The pricing seems to be very fair too!

The vc is not the nicest I have seen but if the reviews are positive I will definitely give it a try.

I like the ability to install basically all of my rxp goodies and I love the "Stec" autopilot!

David

Guest firehawk44

I got it. Very smooth meaning great flight dynamics and love the click spots. Works great with AccuFeel too.

Best regards,

Jim

Guest Mik75

I got it too and just finished a first trip starting from 2S1 around the KSEA area.

Like Jim already mentioned, it flies very smooth and the flight model is very believable!

I love the instant RXP integration via in game pop up menu. Although, owning the RXP unlimited pack, I had to manually add the cross fill into the RXP.ini.

The VC is quite nice with good looking, very smooth functioning gauges, and I like the sound of it.

Overall, the look and feel of this F1 add-on is very good!

For the price it is an absolute no brainer!!! It will definitely stay in my hangar!

Argh, I am so tempted to get this! I have such a soft spot for high wing tricycle Cessnas... but the Carenado 210's flight model leaves a lot to be desired, so maybe this would fill that spot.

How are the sounds?

I love the instant RXP integration via in game pop up menu.

Ah, I missed seeing the RealityXP integration when I looked at the Flight1 page. Now it really is a no-brainer to at least try.

I assume it's also easy to add a single 430? I have both 430 and 530, but have resisted the "Unlimited" pack, so I can only use one.

but the Carenado 210's flight model leaves a lot to be desired, so maybe this would fill that spot.

Well, they're both tri-gear Cessnas, but that's about all the two planes have in common IRL.

Scott

Well, they're both tri-gear Cessnas, but that's about all the two planes have in common.

I know what you are saying Scott, I was just referring to the spot in my heart for high wing Cessnas, not the specific roles of each plane in actuality. :)

Guest Mik75

The sound is very good!

You can choose on the fly whether to use 2 RXP 430's or a mixture of 1 RXP and 1 Flight 1 430, but it is always 2 GNS 430 in the panel.

To use 2 RXP 430 you have to get the unlimited pack...