Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

Details unique to FLIGHT...

• Tire squealing/rubbing noises as you skid, turn too hard, etc...
  • wind moves aircraft on the ground and in the air
  • better crabbing ability in Flight than previous FS
  • flying through clouds induces a genuine disorientation that just didn't happen with previous FS
  • ability to talk over a specific frequency with other players
  • lighting effects, sunlight and shadows realistically play in the aircraft as well as outside, giving a greater sense of motion
  • fog conditions - ground scenery fading in and out of view as you slip through the clouds, very realistic
  • the modeling of the deluxe aircraft and even the outside of the basic aircraft is far superior than the default FSX aircraft

To add to what is already mentioned (don't want to repeat that all :wink: ): the coasts! The cliffs! No more stretched textures! Huge improvement imho. The coasts look magnificent.

Think of the multiplayer chaos fun that could be had invading neighbouring islands....

I like your thinking Keith :Thinking: - Troop carrying gliders would have to be released at a certain distance and then piloted through hoops to the landing area... :LMAO:

I like the airport based jobs and aerocaches.

Good if you just want to have a quick flight (best with the waypoint markers turned off)

Gareth Howell

Cheshire (UK)

Many of these features are not unique or innovative to Flight. Not hating, just being realistic.

Certainly many of these things are a welcome addition over FSX anyway. I really appreciate having so many built in landing challenges to access quickly.

I think the assumption is that the yardstick against which this is being measured is FSX.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

the one thing that has got my attention the must is that the comm radio can now be used out of the box like in RW ....

Image removed as image is no longer available.

The sound is a very big improvement in the genre. I love the sounds when flying at different speeds, the wheels chirping or skidding on pavement. It sounds great when the flaps deploy and the plane bleeds off speed.

sound is very important when flying, and this tremendously improved the immersion for me.

Stability. I don't think Flight has ever crashed on me yet! (Program instability/crashing is a problem in some other sims)

Detail unique to Flight? Cockpitless warbirds. There is a reason nobody is doing that....

I think one of the biggest things unique to Flight is in-game add-on purchasing. I only wish there was stuff I want to buy!!! All jokes aside, I think that the in-game purchase is a revolution if used properly. If the 3rd party's could tie into that system and offer our own products, I think you would be looking at the best flight sim ever made in a short time. The core of an amazing sim is there, and everyone has seen small bits of it peaking out at times, but you really need to go beyond the core dev team to really push the limits.

Kevin Miller

3D Artist and developer

I think one of the biggest things unique to Flight is in-game add-on purchasing.

Indeed! I also like the ingame DLC setup. I visit a Dutch forum which has one HUGE topic about Flight Simulator. I decided to make a new topic about Flight. I was a bit reluctant because of the work it would involve... I thought... The things is: the openingspost of the Flight Simulator topic is LONG and holds (amongst others) about 50 links (I counted them!) to addon publishers. Well, the openingspost of the new Flight topic would be complete already with just ONE link to the Marketplace... :wink: I love it that everything you can get for Flight is in just one spot! (I know a lot of people would LOVE to see a list of 50 developers for Flight... :wink: but I like this new system.)

BTW I didn't just post one link: I also posted links to Steam and to each available DLC seperately... :wink:

BTW 2: I also really like that updates come automatically! And another things that's also awesome, thanks to this system, is that you don't have to reinstall all those addons anymore using various installation procedures (codes, serials, password, keyfiles, etc.) Some weeks ago I reinstalled Flight completely (due to some computer problems). After installing the core game all DLC was availabe AT ONCE!!! I even think that when you get a new PC and simply copy your DLC folder to the new PC, the game will see it and use it (if you first install the Marketplace software and tell it where your DLC is). As far as I can tell the DLC is not installed into Flight: it's simply used right away! (That's why I redirected my DLC to my Flight SSD!)

comparisons to other planes

I'm basing my "step on the ball" off previous low-performance real world flying, as I've not had any actual (darn it!) Stearman time. Currently flying a Champ, getting my taildragger checkout...that's what really brought the ball issue to the forefront.

HeLLo

I feel a real vertigo in some occasions in "Flight". I suppose it's due to the accuracy of landscapes. Really impressed!

And it's the first "sim" that runs smoothly at "high, max" settings on my hardware.

The Maule is the more subtle plane I've seen in a game.

Flight is "unique".

@@++

Detail unique to Flight? Cockpitless warbirds. There is a reason nobody is doing that....

:bad:

Correct , I quote you.