Sign in to follow this  
Kosta

SLI discussion - High Resolution + High AA

So is the GTX690 effectively SLI in one card or something else whose extra power might be usable with a FSX VC?

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

It's basically sli in one slot card. 590 was less powerful per core than 580, thus virtually slower than 580. Since vc currently doesn't benefit from sli function, I doubt that 690 would.

Srdjan, when do you plan to upload the results? I am quite interested to see the numbers. Also, do you think that if maybe Tom could contacted Nvidia on behalf of Avsim that they might consider tuning the drivers a bit to give a bit more SLI performance and to tune the game engine further?

He would probably have more leverage. I'll forward it to him. Results today or tomorrow. It's not done yet.

I have always felt that there was a slight improvement in performance with dual cards in SLI in certain scenerios. I tested my cards in SLI months ago and did not see a reason to keep two cards in th case. The new drivers and Sparse grid SS have made me re-consider giving SLI another shot. If we can get a driver fix that would be great.

One scenario is definately 3DVision, which isn't about high resolution AA per se, but does significantly increase rendering load. 3DVision from early on has relied upon SLI to compensate for the extra rendering load, so it is not surprising to me that supported apps (including FSX) see benefit from SLI. I have negligible frame rate impact when flying in 3D at 1080p with both 480(s) averaging about 90% load.

Before I post any results, I can tell you we've seen over 80% boost in some scenarios with high sparse grid SS settings. That is something to look forward to, if we are able to fix the no-boost-in-cockpit issue.

Great stuff!

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

An update on those results: it's gonna be some days until we can show them. We (I) did a critical error, and results are skewed. Howard is gonna have little time in couple of days, but is going to retest. Stay tuned.