Sign in to follow this  
EI-ROB

PMDG Speculated Future Releases ?

Hey guys, so we now have the good news that PMDG will be releasing their highly anticipated 777 and a makeover of the 747 this summer.. Thats great and I'm sure we'll build up a lot of fun on those aircraft.

But having said that, what does everyone speculate that PMDG will release in the future after those projects?

Eventually they must think of developing the 787 in due time.

But what about re-doing some of the older Boeing aircraft such as the 757 and 767 family.

With the NGX now setting the expected " Standard " in the marketplace.

I'd say customers would love to get that level of user interaction with the older boeing family.

I was just watching this " 757 Lighting " video on YouTube and said I'd love to get that in FSX. But the now obsolete add ons from Captain Sim and CLS just don't offer this level of realism.

What does everyone think PMDG has planned for the future ?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Guest firehawk44

Agree with you that it will probably be the 787 sometime late next year. I would like to see that anyway. I would also like to see an upgrade or change to the PMDG wing view. Right now, with my 30" monitor, I feel like I'm sitting outside the aircraft and there really isn't any window. Surely technology has gotten better to make this work better.

Best regards,

Jim

I think the 787 will be there next big project. 747-8i shares the same engines as the 787. I think this will make there engine data easier to program and give us the 787 in a somewhat short order (PMDG time frame)

Yeah, seems like they will concentrate on the Dreamliner after every things ticking over on the 777.

But personally I would love PMDG to consider to compete with Captain Sim on the " Classic 737 "plus on the 757 and 767.

Surely they must consider expanding their Boeing portfolio before considering to start working on a ScareBus. :Loser: , Which I couldn't see happening for a long time.

Agree with you that it will probably be the 787 sometime late next year. I would like to see that anyway. I would also like to see an upgrade or change to the PMDG wing view. Right now, with my 30" monitor, I feel like I'm sitting outside the aircraft and there really isn't any window. Surely technology has gotten better to make this work better.

Best regards,

Jim

I know your dead right, It sometimes feels your sitting on the wing. If you select the wing forward view, the sound changes externally too.

Even if you walk through the NGX cabin with EzDok when you sit next to the window it disappears.

I'll add a picture later to show you how much better this view is on the CS 767. They even have the option to slide the sun visor up and down at any setting.

Hopefully they wont do more heavies. I cant stand long haul. Im hoping for regional stuff like the Dash 8, Avro RJ, maybe a Fokker 100. Stuff like that

Hopefully they wont do more heavies. I cant stand long haul. Im hoping for regional stuff like the Dash 8, Avro RJ, maybe a Fokker 100. Stuff like that

But you don't always have to fill the heavies up to the brim with fuel and PAX, you have the option to fly them anywhere though. I like flying the heavies over Europe, Wouldn't have the time for transatlantic.

If they consider regional, they should look into the ATR,s and the BAE 146. ( City Jet's Aircraft )

I'm a big Boeing fan. The NGX and the 777 will satisfy my short and long-haul ops. The team mentioned that the NGX made the design of the 777 easier and faster. I would imagine the same would apply to a future 787, which be then (a year or two from now) would be more prolific in the real world.

But I've also read post from many Airbus fans, who understandably want their favorite plane reproduced by PMDG.

If PMDG does 777, Airbus series, then 787, I think a lot of people will be very happy.

A regional jet would also be nice to have in the future.

Finally, 757 fans will get an FSX from Level-D, at team who contributes to our hobby part time, compared to PMDG, so be patient. They did an excellent job with the 767, especially the systems, and I know they won't disappoint with the 757.

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

I'm sure we will see a PMDG 787, it's a logical move.

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Hi Folks, I agree that a PMDG 787 has got to be on the horizon such a great airplane. Having said that, PMDG is a business and some of the suggestions might have a very BAD business case. The NGX has been on great winner from a sales standpoint, bet they will examine the business case very carefully on future products.

Bob

Having said that, PMDG is a business and some of the suggestions might have a very BAD business case.

Bob

I guess your right, and the 787 more likely will be the most demanded aircraft by the average FS consumer.

But I'm sure any aircraft PMDG produce , there will be a relatively high level of demand for that aircraft.

I mean I desperately want an " NGX " standard 757 or 767, I already have previous models but would happily pay for the new standard on those aircraft.

Only time will tell I guess.

And I doubt no attempt will be made my PMDG to produce an Airbus in the short term future. That need has already been satisfied with the recent release of Aerosoft's Airbus X.

However there still is a gap in the market for a decent long haul range of the Airbus including the A330, A340, A350 and of course the A380.

Remember though it will take a couple of years for PMDG to start developing a 787. I think that they need performance data that is more precise as its flown more in real life. Basically they need a couple of years to see the REAL specs of the 787

Lee

Remember though it will take a couple of years for PMDG to start developing a 787. I think that they need performance data that is more precise as its flown more in real life. Basically they need a couple of years to see the REAL specs of the 787

Lee

Your properly right. Have you seen the backlog orders of the 787 ? Theres been close to 900 orders of the 787 and only 11 of them have been delivered. It will be ages before PMDG get the chance to start working on it.

Thats why they might need to start working on something else before the 787, to keep them busy.