Hey guys I recently got a hold of a gtx680 to replace my 6950. I am running 3x25" monitors in a corrected bezel resolution of 6034x1080 except when FSX loads its not maximized across 3 monitors. When I click maximize it only maximizes to one monitor and I manually have to stretch it to all three monitors. Does anyone else had this problem? Ive been researching nvidia settings for fsx but it has not resolved my issue. Thanks for any help.

Kacper Nowotynski

Are you selecting the correct resolution in FSX? I run surround in Full Screen so not sure how it would load Windowed.

Yes I changed the resolution in FSX to the 6034x1080. With the 6950 it always loaded across all 3 screens. Are you using bezel correction or just 5760x1080?

Kacper Nowotynski

hmm i just noticed an option in nvidia control panel that turns on/off for windows to be maximized across 3 screens I had that unchecked. The only thing is I like not having my web browser or any of my other programs in my OS to span across 3 screens all the time. Shouldint FSX with its resolution set automatically span across 3 screens?

Kacper Nowotynski

hmm i just noticed an option in nvidia control panel that turns on/off for windows to be maximized across 3 screens I had that unchecked. The only thing is I like not having my web browser or any of my other programs in my OS to span across 3 screens all the time. Shouldint FSX with its resolution set automatically span across 3 screens?

It will only follow the resolution selected in FSX dialogue in full screen mode.

Regards

Howard

H D Isaacs

Kacper how does the 680 compare with the 6950 quality/performance wise?

Thanks,

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

It will only follow the resolution selected in FSX dialogue in full screen mode.

Thanks! That fixed the problem.

Kacper how does the 680 compare with the 6950 quality/performance wise?

Thanks,

gb.

As of right now I am not very impressed, In my level D at orbx I was getting 8fps just sitting there. I need to play around with settings in nvidia inspector a lil bit. Or im gonna be in world of trouble once i start using activesky =(

Kacper Nowotynski

As of right now I am not very impressed, In my level D at orbx I was getting 8fps just sitting there. I need to play around with settings in nvidia inspector a lil bit. Or im gonna be in world of trouble once i start using activesky =(

Use Word Not Allowed's hardware and software guide. Probably one of the best choices I've ever made.

Use Word Not Allowed's hardware and software guide. Probably one of the best choices I've ever made.

Thank you I will look into it tonight =) Any of you guys are using nvidia surround or eyefinity with pmdg? Im getting flickering mouse issues right when the aircraft loads..I changed some window sizes and still no luck. Unfortunetly pmdg support is unable to help me with this issue. I am no attempting to open any 2d panels, it happens right away with the aircraft loading into VC view. I did start a new thread in the pmdg forums but I haven't had anyone respond yet.

BTW thanks for the suggestions on my first topic that issue has been resolved.

Kacper Nowotynski

Thank you I will look into it tonight =) Any of you guys are using nvidia surround or eyefinity with pmdg? Im getting flickering mouse issues right when the aircraft loads..I changed some window sizes and still no luck. Unfortunetly pmdg support is unable to help me with this issue. I am no attempting to open any 2d panels, it happens right away with the aircraft loading into VC view. I did start a new thread in the pmdg forums but I haven't had anyone respond yet.

BTW thanks for the suggestions on my first topic that issue has been resolved.

I can fix this issue for you later today. I'll make a tutorial on it but at the moment, I am not in a location where I can do this.

Chane the window_size= 1.000, 1.000 -----> window_size= 0.333, 1.000

Do this same process for every entry in the panel.cfg with your PMDG 737-800NGX/Panel folder.

Ben,

I have already done this and thats when the flickering started happening. Before the flickering used to happen only when I attempted to open a 2D panel (before I even knew of the issue) I did some research and found a topic on this. I then attempted to resize the window in the panel.cfg and now I get the flickering right away when I load the aircraft. After about a minute I get a memory error and CTD. Do I have to resize the windows in both the panel.cfg in the VC folder too? Also some of the windows do not have a window size entry but only "size_mm=385, 482" Do I also have to resize these by a 1/3?

Thanks for your help.

Kacper Nowotynski

After about a minute I get a memory error and CTD

Are you sure you are running FSX SP2?