Sign in to follow this  
Gregg_Seipp

J41 Startlocks - no announcement unless I am running fs2crew

I'm wondering why I never get the "Startlocks Removed!" call unless I'm using fs2crew. After start, I bring the power controls all the way back, one at a time and wait about 10-15 seconds...not a peep unless fs2crew announces it. In fs2crew I don't even pull them back that far and I get the announcement. If I'm not using fs2crew...nothing...ever. The aircraft flies fine but I'm always nervous before takeoff.

Thanks,

Gregg

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

yea i get the same problem since its only a minor issue i didnt take much notice. Only thing i can think off is that fscrew2 has some thing to do with it

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I think that I read somewhere that FS2Crew over-writes many of the sound files of the J41. Maybe that's why you get no call-out.

I noticed recently the same issue, there is a setting in FS Crew which turns off the PMDG call outs and replaces them with the FS Crew callouts. This means that when you operate the J41 with out FS Crew enabled the PMDG callouts are turned off.

All you need to do is decide before running FSX wheather you will be using FS Crew or not, if using the J41 with out FS Crew then change the settings to enable the PMDG callouts, just remember to change back if using FS Crew.

Hope this helps

Dave Jenner

I noticed recently the same issue, there is a setting in FS Crew which turns off the PMDG call outs and replaces them with the FS Crew callouts. This means that when you operate the J41 with out FS Crew enabled the PMDG callouts are turned off.

All you need to do is decide before running FSX wheather you will be using FS Crew or not, if using the J41 with out FS Crew then change the settings to enable the PMDG callouts, just remember to change back if using FS Crew.

Hope this helps

Exactly. I was about to say the same, but thanks for explaining it Dave.

Kyle Rodgers