Sign in to follow this  
FrederikS

MFD Comm Functions

A little of topic but maybe of some interested for some guy's around here.

[media=]

[/media]

This is a very, very, very, very early demo of a B777 MFD Comm testbed for a CMU (Communication Management Unit) I developed. Since it is in a very early stage of developement many of the functions are not yet available.

The purpose of the project is do demonstrate the feasibility of an advanced communication environment for FSX.

I am planning of giving regular updates, but since I have a very time consuming real-life job don't expect an update every week.

I'll be very happy to answer any of your questions.

@PMDG: Feel free to delete if you do not want these kind of posts in your forum.

Frederik

• Upvote 1

Do you plan on putting this in the PMDG 777 if possible? If so I'd definitely invest in it. Looks great Frederik! Just what I wanted!

As I said: What you see is just a GUI to test the underlying dll which acts as a CMU. The "CMU" again communicates with a WCF service which acts as a DSP (Datalink Service Provider) and so on. So, it is not possible to implement the GUI with FSX...BUT...the dll acting as a CMU can be accessed from within FSX.

Frederik

First of all what kind of programming language do you use??Nice work either.

It would be nice to see you programm in conjunction with Squawkbox.For example if want a request from the controller you should send him via MFD as you would do through squawkbox windonw

The GUI (the MFD) is written in C#. The CMU was originally written in C# to but due to anticipated compatibility issues with FSX was rewritten in C++. The DSP (WCF service) is written in C# and so will be the dll that enables ground parties to communicate of the with acfts.

Frederik

It seems unlikely that PMDG will develop these functions for the aircraft, so it will be great to have the SDK leave this open for outside development. Such as integrating the features into the aircraft to work with squakbox or fsinn. Or a crazy idea, just generate an automatic response based on what's requested for those that dont fly online.

It seems unlikely that PMDG will develop these functions for the aircraft, so it will be great to have the SDK leave this open for outside development. Such as integrating the features into the aircraft to work with squakbox or fsinn. Or a crazy idea, just generate an automatic response based on what's requested for those that dont fly online.

That's what I'm aiming at.... :Nerd:

Frederik

Frederik,

I am really glad to see you are working on this I have been hoping that at some point this might get added into the aircraft. When you are in the air for 8 sometimes 11 hours it would be cool to send position reports and request step climbs. Would this be a plugin for VATSIM controllers?

Frederik,

I am really glad to see you are working on this I have been hoping that at some point this might get added into the aircraft. When you are in the air for 8 sometimes 11 hours it would be cool to send position reports and request step climbs. Would this be a plugin for VATSIM controllers?

I'm glad to see you like this :smile: . I am planning on supplying a dll to "ground parties" (e.g. IVAO or VATSIM but also VAs) enabeling them to develope their own clients (ATSUs or in the case of a VA e.g. a flight planning software or a T/O performance calculation software) for communication via the ACARS network.

Frederik

• Upvote 1

This would be an awesome pilot client for VATSIM, hopefully the SDK will help out with that.

The GUI (the MFD) is written in C#. The CMU was originally written in C# to but due to anticipated compatibility issues with FSX was rewritten in C++. The DSP (WCF service) is written in C# and so will be the dll that enables ground parties to communicate of the with acfts.

Frederik

the window and the grey "screen"are written in C#??I am asking because i am recently finished learning C# and i would be glad to work and build programms like this, and i dont know about coding interfaces etc.Now i am on Java lessons and i think it's a bit complicated than C# :Thinking:

If i had time i would prefer to build ECAM actions with interfaces panels and the buttons but i think i can only build the loops Just%20Kidding.gif

I agree that the ACARS interface should not hold up the release but I would hope that PMDG would leave this open to developers in the SDK. I use CPDLC at large events when it is available and I can't tell you how much more convenient it is to get a clearance instead of waiting and waiting for dead air to jump in on the freq. I can say I know some controllers on VATSIM that don't like CDPLC because they say it takes away from there job of controlling, but I think this would be a great addition for a 3rd party developer to create a program and link it to VA ACARS and online flying organizations. I would pay for a program like this!

I use CPDLC at large events when it is available and I can't tell you how much more convenient it is to get a clearance instead of waiting and waiting for dead air to jump in on the freq.

Exactly, even if there isn't an event sometimes there is no dead air at all so I resort to text on squawk box.

Hello Frederik,

Any news concerning this project now that the B777 PMDG is release ?