Sign in to follow this  
jgoggi

Mouse cursor appearing upon FO actions

Hi, I use FS2Crew and when the First Officer moves switches, knobs etc., the hand-shaped mouse cursor appears. This causes the well known fps decrease in FSX.

Is there any way to prevent the cursor from appearing when a switch or knob is used by the FO?

Thank you.

James Goggi

Park the cursor in the top left corner over the white box.

Even if it changes, you don't lose FPS.

Park the cursor in the top left corner over the white box.

Even if it changes, you don't lose FPS.

Unfortunately when the FO flips the switches, even if the cursor is parked in the top left corner, it turns into a hand and fps decrease :sad:

James Goggi

Try dragging it off screen off the bottom.

I don't get FPS hits when my cursor is parked on the white box or offscreen even if the cursor changes.

I've actually been meaning to ask Alex and Michael why this happens (noticed it myself with FS2Crew too) - the actions are being directly triggered through the SDK, I don't see why the mouse cursor should get activated. We'll look into it.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Its because the actiavtion of the cursor behind the scene is being moved such as the FO acting upon the situtaion, so like you would move the mouse to select the internet browser it is moving or showing signs of movement while the FO is turning knobs and moving switches just like you would normally without FS2CREW...

on mine if i leave it i does go out

Team, have you found the way to avoid that the mouse appears when the FS2Crew FO acts on switches and buttons?

Thank you.

James Goggi

I've often watched the "dancing" cursor" but there hasn't been any undue FPS loss or other issues. It's just mesmerizing... :Hypnotized:

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

Ok does this mouse cursor fps bug effect everyone? I have not noticed it.

I do believe it is there to some extent for everyone, maybe just not as apparent when you fly with high FPS on a norm.

For me the loss is about 8FPS, it sucks but, something you have to live with, it's not so hard though to hide the mouse to minimise FPS loss when it is not needed.

Regards,
Jamaljé Bassue

It's annoying, expecially for example when you are on final, the FO does the last settings (flaps, etc.), the cursor appears and if you are approaching a heavy scenery airport, you notice the loss of fps. Or while you are turning, if the cursor appears you notice the fps decrease. Of course who owns a very powerful computer will not notice that...

James Goggi

The mouse cursor action is a function of the SDK.

Bryan, so you mean that the cursor activation cannot be avoided?

James Goggi

Unless PMDG changes their SDK in SP2, it can't be avoided.

However, if you're getting a frame rate loss when the mouse cursor changes shape, you should check your system and its setting.

I have a very large user base for FS2Crew NGX (it's by far my most popular product), and frame rate loss is something that is basically never reported.

Try disabling 'Bloom'. I recall reading in a forum somewhere that Bloom can have a weird effect on the mouse pointer and frames...

Unless PMDG changes their SDK in SP2, it can't be avoided.

However, if you're getting a frame rate loss when the mouse cursor changes shape, you should check your system and its setting.

I have a very large user base for FS2Crew NGX (it's by far my most popular product), and frame rate loss is something that is basically never reported.

Try disabling 'Bloom'. I recall reading in a forum somewhere that Bloom can have a weird effect on the mouse pointer and frames...

Hi Bryan its not that people are getting frame rate loss when the cursor changes shape.

Some users including me get framerate loss in the 3D VC when the mouse cursor is visible full stop wether it is a pointer or a something else or changing shape. (this is a FSX flaw as a result of the PC working out all the potenital actions it may need to perform when the cursor is visible, and does not seem to affect all FSX users)

It is not FS2Crew fault per se, but the fact that Fs2Crew causes the mouse cursor to reappear after it has dissapeared will cause those uers that have FPS loss when mouse cursor is visible to experience frame rate loss, and it just so happens that FS2Crew does indeed make the cursor appear a lot which does not help the issue.

You can stop the FPS loss by putting the cursor to the top left but that can be a pain and difficult to remember to do all the time, plus you can see it chanign shape at the top left of the screen which can be annoying.

As I say it is not FS2Crew fault but FS2Crew does contribute to it by the very fact it makes the cursor appear so often, therefore, it would be great if when a action in FS2Crew is performed that it did not cause the cursor to reappear after it has dissapeared.

Also you say people are not repoting it, well I have it (FPS loss and FS2crew) my bloom is off and I did not report it on your forum becuase as I say, it is not really FS2Crew fault so as I know what the problem is I did not report it on your forum. As I say, if it could be possible that you can make the software not display the mouse cursor when an action is performed then great, if not no worries ill try and remember to retrurn the cursor to the top left, but even then it is slightly annoying becuase you can see it in you field of vision changing shape!!

Hope that makes sense

Keithy George