Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

deadsix

Why the GE90-115B and not the GE90-110B1

The 777-200LR is the first product to be released and I was wondering why the GE-90-110B1 was not being modeled first but the GE-90-115B was. I know that the 77W is coming next but won't 77L flight model be a little off with the larger engines?

The 777-200LR is the first product to be released and I was wondering why the GE-90-110B1 was not being modeled first but the GE-90-115B was. I know that the 77W is coming next but won't 77L flight model be a little off with the larger engines?

It's an Airline choice but most Airlines take the 110B. I guess it helps PMDG bring the 77W faster, which I'm personally perfectly okay with!

Becuase PMDG wants to develop that engine type?

Thanks for the link but why does every other source I've read about the 77L talk about the 110B1's?

It's an Airline choice but most Airlines take the 110B. I guess it helps PMDG bring the 77W faster, which I'm personally perfectly okay with!

Thank you, will the 115B bring any inprovements?

Thanks for the link but why does every other source I've read about the 77L talk about the 110B1's?

Thank you, will the 115B bring any inprovements?

As others have said most airlines have taken the 110B1 option (it's cheaper). However, it is possible to use the 115B engines as well. Remember that the 115B and 110B1 are effectively the same engine, the only difference is the software. The increased thrust results in better hot and high performance, which can be important depending on where the aircraft is operating. That is why airlines such as Iberia use A340-600 aircraft in places such as Quito. The extra thrust does not increase certified MTOW.

I wonder if it'll be an engine option such as the ngx where the max thrust is degraded to 110

I wonder if it'll be an engine option such as the ngx where the max thrust is degraded to 110

Do you mean a flex temp derate and/or fixed derate (TO-1, TO-2, etc) in the FMC? If that is what you meant then yes. The 777 FMC is very similar to the 737NG FMC so it will have that option.

Do you mean a flex temp derate and/or fixed derate (TO-1, TO-2, etc) in the FMC? If that is what you meant then yes. The 777 FMC is very similar to the 737NG FMC so it will have that option.

No, I know it'll have that regardless. I meant that I believe that on the NGX you can choose the 26K or 27K option in the airplane setup in the FMC or something like that. I may be wrong though

No, I know it'll have that regardless. I meant that I believe that on the NGX you can choose the 26K or 27K option in the airplane setup in the FMC or something like that. I may be wrong though

The NGX does have a 27K thrust bump as you said, however, as far as I know the 777 has no such option.

The NGX does have a 27K thrust bump as you said, however, as far as I know the 777 has no such option.

I don't mean changing to thrust setting for takeoff, I mean the option in the remove staircases, add eyebrows; that sort of thing. The engine would be the same, just the max power option would be 110K

As others have said most airlines have taken the 110B1 option (it's cheaper). However, it is possible to use the 115B engines as well. Remember that the 115B and 110B1 are effectively the same engine, the only difference is the software. The increased thrust results in better hot and high performance, which can be important depending on where the aircraft is operating. That is why airlines such as Iberia use A340-600 aircraft in places such as Quito. The extra thrust does not increase certified MTOW.

Thank you this makes sense, so the 115B and the 110B1 burn the same fuel during cruise?

Haha! Luke I'm pretty sure that if its got anything to do with the 777, you would be happy!

Haha! Luke I'm pretty sure that if its got anything to do with the 777, you would be happy!

I'm guessing some people on the forum have seen my love for the 777 and is definitely very evident ha! The 77W is probably what I'm most looking forward too, apart from getting the base pack of course ;)

Thank you this makes sense, so the 115B and the 110B1 burn the same fuel during cruise?

Fuel burn during cruise should be the same given the same conditions.

I'm guessing some people on the forum have seen my love for the 777 and is definitely very evident ha! The 77W is probably what I'm most looking forward too, apart from getting the base pack of course ;)

You'd have to be blind to not see you love the T7. Nothing wrong with that though. I'm almost there myself.

Can't wait for the -200LR. 9000-10000 nm sounds pretty good.

I don't mean changing to thrust setting for takeoff, I mean the option in the remove staircases, add eyebrows; that sort of thing. The engine would be the same, just the max power option would be 110K

Not sure. That would be a Ryan question.

Its been a while since I flew in FSX, but I do not recall engine rating was part of the options in the FMC. The engine ratings did change between varients, but that is the extent of it.

I will ask about the engines - very seriously doubt the 110s will be specifically modeled though - the 115s are what are on the 300ER and the freighter and it just makes sense to not spend a bunch of time modelling two different extremely similar engines.

I will ask about the engines - very seriously doubt the 110s will be specifically modeled though - the 115s are what are on the 300ER and the freighter and it just makes sense to not spend a bunch of time modelling two different extremely similar engines.

Actually the 777F is only available with the GE90-110B1L. The 777-200LR is available with either the GE90-110B1 or GE90-115B1, and finally the 777-300ER is only available with GE90-115B1 engines. All this is available in document "777-200LR/-300ER/-Freighter Airplane Characteristics for Airport Planning" on page 6. Here is a screenshot:

screenshot20120529at104.png

Edit: For anyone who is interested here is a nice read about the GE90 (link).

Since the 777f is in essence a redesigned 777-200LR, I don't see why the 115B wouldn't be available. I think it's just not in the Airport Planning manual because no airline ordered it so far, so it's nothing anybody has to account for.

- Agreed.

Someone said earlier that the only difference was software. What are the software differences. I thought it would just be a de-rate?