Sign in to follow this  
jp1018

Is Alaska next?

Thanks for the Heads up sxkitty and Alex.

252358_367885296606791_100257846702872_964339_1414536857_n.jpg

That seems like a nice place to fly, from inside the cockpit of a fully equipped Bonanza, or Baron, or Caravan, or Twin Otter, or Goose or Catalina or even a Honda Jet; any other would be asking for too much.

...from inside the cockpit...

Don't get your hopes up; at this rate M$ is going to release 100% VC-free aircraft with this next scenery package and maybe a couple of missions to make it appear to be worth what they will charge for it in order to rapidly part a fool and their money. It will look good, but then again so do the VC-free warbirds.

Hey Delafina! I see you lurking there! Give us some juicy tidbits! :Peace:

Don't get your hopes up; at this rate M$ is going to release 100% VC-free aircraft with this next scenery package and maybe a couple of missions to make it appear to be worth what they will charge for it in order to rapidly part a fool and their money. It will look good, but then again so do the VC-free warbirds.

I said it since the early beta; this DLC concept is going to cost dearly. But thankfully they already spared me some money by offering 3 cockpitless aircraft in a row. Scenery delivery rate is also way too slow, so I haven’t spent a nickel yet.

Alaska is a sure buy for me, and it will be either the deal maker or….. breaker.

Alaska is a sure buy for me, and it will be either the deal maker or….. breaker.

Yes, Alaska is the "sink or swim" release. If it does not rectify at least some of Flight's underlying issues, that is a clear declaration that the current state of the product is how it will remain.

If it does address some of the problems, we know we are being heard and taken seriously.

My stack of Alaska WAC charts just showed up in the mail, so I'm ready!

I agree 100%. Alaska is my last chance im giving MS Flight. I do have faith in the team, I just dont have any faith in Josh Howard and how he has changed the team.

Kevin Miller

3D Artist and developer

I like it that MS almost immediately posted something about Alaska after releasing the Corsair...! That's sooner then expected!

Yes. Previously they have always a couple of weeks before mentioning the next DLC. It's almost like THEY are ready to move on, too.

Yes, Alaska is the "sink or swim" release. If it does not rectify at least some of Flight's underlying issues, that is a clear declaration that the current state of the product is how it will remain.

If it does address some of the problems, we know we are being heard and taken seriously.

My stack of Alaska WAC charts just showed up in the mail, so I'm ready!

I agree 100%. Alaska is my last chance im giving MS Flight. I do have faith in the team, I just dont have any faith in Josh Howard and how he has changed the team.

This is the absolute final chance I am giving flight as well. If they do not include a single aircraft with a full working VC at launch then I am done with this casual/arcade "sim" game for good

I like it that MS almost immediately posted something about Alaska after releasing the Corsair...! That's sooner then expected!

E3 is coming, starting monday and I guess some of the communicating staff may be there, it may explain the post before the WE :) But it IS cool to have something posted.

I hope that Alaska DLC will be delivered with more powerful weather setting options, and a real change of aspect between summer & winter (a change that does not occur in Hawaï if you exclude the ambiant light).

Tell me if this sounds familiar:

• Alaska preview pack will be free. It'll include 10% of the state and a dozen airports, a few new aerocaches and missions. No planes.
  • Alaska expansion pack will be $30. It'll include the rest of the state, one new VC aircraft, and a bunch more aerocaches and missions.
  • One or two more VC aircraft (the good ones) will be available at an additional fee of $15 each.

How's that for a wild-assed guess? :lol:

Microsoft ist attending E3, but only for XBOX360 games. Officially there will be no presentation of Flight.

That should say it all. Obviously MS has no real trust in Flight.

Tell me if this sounds familiar:

• Alaska preview pack will be free. It'll include 10% of the state and a dozen airports, a few new aerocaches and missions. No planes.
  • Alaska expansion pack will be $30. It'll include the rest of the state, one new VC aircraft, and a bunch more aerocaches and missions.
  • One or two more VC aircraft (the good ones) will be available at an additional fee of $15 each.

How's that for a wild-assed guess? :lol:

Good, but too optimistic.

Taking into account recent trends:

Free preview will not exist

Expansion including only the state and aerocaches will cost $20

Missions to go with the expansion and ONE new VC-less warbird will be sold separately at $30

One useless aircraft with a full VC will be sold separately for $50