Sign in to follow this  
Silverbird

Aerosim's 787 for FSX released

While this topic is being talked about again anyone know anything about my problem with the crs selector within the FMC, it only goes up and down in increments of 10, is there a way to fix this and is there an other way to set the crs? thanks, ross

hey guys i have a problem can someone please help i bought the airbus x and everything works fine except when i get clearance to take-off as soon as i rotate the engines shut off im not sure what im doing wrong because i did all that's in the checklist..

Hi,

I want to specifically thank sddjd for his efforts on our behalf in creating the various liveries for this beautiful bird. Ultimately it is because these are available that I decided to spring for this plane. Also my thanks to Chock for his comments; they were also helpful in my decision.

I have only made one flight so far, from Bonn-Cologne to Franfurt, IFR, which was exciting, because I had not yet read the manual. I managed to get the important parts figured out enroute, but I did panic a little when I couldn't find the NAV radios. Later I found that they are tuned within the CDU along with the course setting, all in time to make my approach intoFrankfurt!

This bird will be fun to play with while I am waiting for the QW version.

Best regards,

Tom

Thanks for the kind words Tom, it's certainly been a learning experience (or trial by fire, the first sounds better B) ).

Another pending arrival, landing Sunday morning PST after one or two more tweaks:

Dan Dominik                                                                           

"I thought you said your dog does not bite....
                                                                That's not my dog."

Almost there... (Sat?)

Dan Dominik                                                                           

That's not my dog."

Hi there, I have a (probably stupid) question that has frustated me beyond belief. Where and how do you set the NAV1 frequency for ILS?

"Feathers shall raise men even as they do birds towards heaven :— That is by letters written with their quills."

— Leonardo da Vinci

http://www.hkspotting.com

Hi there, I have a (probably stupid) question that has frustated me beyond belief. Where and how do you set the NAV1 frequency for ILS?

In the FMC, although I cannot set the course when I have a flight plan open in FSX as it only goes up in increments of 10. I haven't got any help on this either

Where and how do you set the NAV1 frequency for ILS?

You definitely do not set the NAV frequency in the FMC. You have to look for the NAV1 and NAV2 panels. They are usually located just below COM1 and COM2. The NAV1 panel will show two frequencies, the one currently in use on the left and the one that will be used next during the flight on the right. In between there are two arrows. So you change the frequency on the right then click on the left arrow to move that frequency over to the left side. Don't forget to set the proper heading for the frequency.

In the FMC, you set the frequency by clicking on the ARR/DEP page then clicking on the Runway where you will be landing. There is more information on how to do this in the Learning Center when you first start up FSX.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Actually, for this bird I believe Roverny is correct (albeit it's labeled CDU). Since the pedestal is inactive in terms of setting the radios in the typical manner the Aerosim CDU contains a NAV radio button (after hitting shift+7).

As for the increments of 10 on the course selection, still trying to puzzle that one out. It may be a bug, as the IAS indicator behaves similarly in some phases of flight (ie: single digit adjustments no longer are available).

Dan Dominik                                                                           

That's not my dog."

En route shortly:

Dan Dominik                                                                           

That's not my dog."

For cold weather ops (coming soon):

Dan Dominik                                                                           

That's not my dog."

Nice livery! Saw some Canadian North 737 Combis at CYOW earlier this month.

Joel Murray @ CYVR (actually, somewhere about halfway between CYNJ and CZBB) 

Is there any place to buy fresh Airac for 787 Aerosim?

I don't see this on the Navigraph site so I dont know shoudl I buy 787 for online playing?

This 787 does not use a custom AIRAC from Navigraph, as it relies on FSX's flight planner to build flight plans. However, you can get FSBUILD (payware) to build and export flight plans to the FSX planner, and FSBUILD does have monthly cycle updates from Navigraph (also payware).

Jim Blake
Captain, SWA Virtual Airlines
Real World C172 Pilot, AOPA #06034701
 sig_concordeX.jpg  Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg