Sign in to follow this  
Heimi

MS donates a free plane to all of us: P-51 Red-Tail

Thanks for that info Kentoo. I'll wait and see what happens.

I was waiting for a few hours and still nothing yet. My internet connection is 40 Mbps, so I couldn't imagine it not being able to download the information it needed. I'm also using the Steam version, so that is probably why I'm having this issue. I'll just wait for it to show up on the market place and hopefully be able to purchase it that way.

***Solved

I logged into my account from my wife's computer. Her version of Flight is running from GFWL only, not Steam. So I downloaded it to my account no problem from there. Then I went back to my computer and it appeared in my hangar, and I proceeded with a redownload.

I've loaded GFWL and only see the P-40, Mustang Preview, M7 Preview and Zero Preview with the game, am I doing something wrong?

***Solved, appeared in the hanger, had the GFWL client in the background, it downloaded, I selected it and pressed M to get going

I really can't understand all this facination over a free P-51. It's a plane I paid for when the P51-D came out. Now they are giving it away for free. Well thanks a bunch MS. Perhaps I won't buy Alaska after all when it comes out. I'll just wait for the free Anchorage pack when they give that away.

I can see the reviews of Alaska already:

More of the same

More of the same

More of the same

More of the same

More of the same

More of the same

More of the same

Are you fed up yet

More of the same

More of the same

More of the same

More of the same ...

Blackrat

I downloaded it. I did the Glider aerocache, the 32k' award and the sound barrier awards. Ok, it was useful for 10 minutes, and now I'm done with it.

After seeing one of these things for myself now, I've confirmed what I expected all along and I'm glad I never gave into the temptation to pay money for one.

I can see the reviews of Alaska already:

More of the same

More of the same

More of the same

< snip remaining spam >

More of the same? Good! I'm relatively pleased with how Flight has turned out so far (excepting the VC-less planes and a couple other minor goof-ups).

So... More airports, more aerocaches (presumably), more/different missions (hopefully), more areas to explore (obviously)... I'm cautiously optimistic about Alaska.

I wish the content would come a little faster, and if I never see another VC-less plane it'll be too soon, but other than that I'm enjoying Flight. I mean, that's why we're all here in this forum, right? Because we're interested in it? :wink:

For anyone who has problem download the free P51. There was no redtail P51 in hangar as long as i started MS Flight through the steam. After running directly throug live (thanks i don't deleted original icon from desktop) the bird was there. If u already have regular P51, there wil be another one. Hope that helps.

This kinda feels to me like I paid $7 for the Red Tail skin since I already have a p-51. Wish I could get a different plane for free but it is nice to see that MS is reaching out to its customers a little bit and allowing us to experience some more planes. Just needs a cockpit :) still a blast to fly though.