Want to know if anyone is using any of the hardware from this company in FSX? Looks really good for those like me who have no clue how to build this stuff but are willing to just purchase it already built.

http://www.jetmax.ca/packages/

Very tempted to buy some of it. The JetMax-737SKTQ package is a lot of money but for those that only have a spare bedroom to flight sim in, this sure looks really nice to have. I am wondering how it would interface with the NGX in VC mode and how would you get the PFD/ND data to show on the harware?

Eric 

Hi Eric, I have also thought about this but yeah it is very expensive, but it seems like good quality. :-)

737 CL/NG skysurfer

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg2zzdi.jpg

Think I am going to start with the throttle console with the stand and marry that up to my soon to purchase upgraded PFC yoke and rudder pedals.

Eric 

Yes I have looked at this stuff, I believe the company is from Canada so that's a bonus for me, but I wonder if Im ready to make that much of a commitment to a 737 which is my favorite aircraft, would it work with other twin engine Boeing's like the 777, so much is dependent on the SDK I'm unsure if it would work with multiple aircraft. I wonder if they plan on doing an overhead panel.

Thats why I am just starting with the throttle console and stand. Want to be able to use other aircraft with it, mainly the PMDG 777.

Eric 

I have no experience with that particular package but I do use all FDS stuff in the fixed base trainers that I have built and they are excellent.

There are other companies out there doing similar stuff but beware, they are nowhere as good as the FDS stuff.

It is very well designed/manufactured and looks and feels like the real thing.

I will give their stuff 10 out of 10.

Fred.

I've met a couple guys at FDS and they built a good share of the sim I work with on occasion. Their hardware is excellent! I'll have to sell my wife off in order to afford it :-)

I have no experience with that particular package but I do use all FDS stuff in the fixed base trainers that I have built and they are excellent.

There are other companies out there doing similar stuff but beware, they are nowhere as good as the FDS stuff.

It is very well designed/manufactured and looks and feels like the real thing.

I will give their stuff 10 out of 10.

Fred.

Yes no doubt their quality is good but I am trying to decide between their full scale MIP or their jetmax package. The space saving is good, but no backlighting. I think the jetmax is easily plug and play -- they end up nearly the same price in costs. Jetmax alone by itself costs 3500.

Probably a decision I will make down the track. First ill have to get the cdu, throttle and MCP but I would like to hear your suggestions. Thanks

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering

FDS is a great Company to deal with and their service is top notch. Products are solid and reliable and are at the top end of the scale.

You cannot go wrong buying anything from them.

Your decision is whether you want to go a full sized cockpit (then, NO Jetmax) or a half cockpit, which is Jetmax. At this stage they have no plans for adding the second half or FO's side, so make up your mind before you pay.

Either way, you will be happy. Ohh, and they do work with the NGX, they have info about this on their site.

Their throttle is quite inexpensive, when you compare to current units on the market. The MCP and EFIS, however, I'd say were too expensive.

Just my .2c

Frank Cooper

Yes no doubt their quality is good but I am trying to decide between their full scale MIP or their jetmax package. The space saving is good, but no backlighting. I think the jetmax is easily plug and play -- they end up nearly the same price in costs. Jetmax alone by itself costs 3500.

Probably a decision I will make down the track. First ill have to get the cdu, throttle and MCP but I would like to hear your suggestions. Thanks

As I have said, I have absolutely no idea how the JetMax package interfaces with the PMDG NGX.

If you go the full MIP route you will need Project Magenta'a Boeing Suite running on a few networked PC's for the various modules.

I normally use one PC for each of the pilots PFD/ND and one for the EICAS. (that's 3 so far)

[ FDS use 2 19" monitors for captains and first officers displays and a 15" monitor for the EICAS and standby instruments. ]

One PC for both CDU's and another for PMSystems. The MCP software can go on the same PC as FSX. That's 6 PC's in all.

If you want to use their Instructor Station then you will need another PC.

That said, I have seen a few homebuilt cockpits built from wood with absolutely stunning results.

One such builder was on this forum a few weeks back. I just can't think of his name.

His website shows exactly how he built it etc..

Fred.

Hi Fred, I was planning to run it on two computers, one for the avionics and the other for the visuals with ProSim737 - apparently the software is very optimized and specifically built for cockpit builders.

I ordered one of these from Peter Cos Yesterday http://www.flightdecksolutions.com/prod_info.php?id=712 ill give you a review when i get it set up

Please let us know how the FDS cdu works, I would also be interested in purchasing one, or the OC v3 cdu model. Thanks!

FDS is a great Company to deal with and their service is top notch. Products are solid and reliable and are at the top end of the scale.

You cannot go wrong buying anything from them.

Their throttle is quite inexpensive, when you compare to current units on the market. The MCP and EFIS, however, I'd say were too expensive.

Just my .2c

Frank Cooper

How much are they selling their MCP EFIS model for? I can't get a price quote on their web site. Apparently the cp flight EFIS pro is not to scale even though they state so on their web site!

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering

Hi Fred, I was planning to run it on two computers, one for the avionics and the other for the visuals with ProSim737 - apparently the software is very optimized and specifically built for cockpit builders.

Please let us know how the FDS cdu works, I would also be interested in purchasing one, or the OC v3 cdu model. Thanks!

How much are they selling their MCP EFIS model for? I can't get a price quote on their web site. Apparently the cp flight EFIS pro is not to scale even though they state so on their web site!

Sure I'll let you know,

The price one the FDS jet max MCP/EFIS is $1099CAD

http://www.jetmax.ca/store/cart

John C