Sign in to follow this  
ualva1164

Will there be a free update to the 747 V2.0 if you own the current version?

Hey guys-

Will the PMDG 747 V2.0 be a free update for current owners of the PMDG 747-400X?

Thanks,

Bobby Loesch

No because it will be a complete rebuild from the ground up. They will apply the same technology in the current NGX and the upcoming 777.... Sorry

\Robert Hamlich/

I would say not,given the addon is completely build from the ground up using the ngx technology.

It will still be worth every penny though :)

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Was there a discount for the NGX for owners of the one from ages ago?

Nope!

So...nope!

Kyle Rodgers

As Kyle says not much chance of a discount much less a free upgrade. Seems that the only company that does so these days is REX with their free upgrade to the substantially reworked REX essentials for existing customers. Nice to see!

Gerry

Creating REX and a PMDG class sim are miles apart. They're not upgrading the old 747 they're making an entirely new one. So well be charged for a new product.

I will bode no ill will to PMDG either way, but a discount would be nice. But then again so would some cake- To The Kitchen!

Eric Vander

Pilot and Controller Boston Virtual ATC

KATL - The plural form of cow.

KORD - Something you put in a power socket.

UNIT - Something of measure

My 747 Fuel Calculator

To get a high quality airplane, as PMDG is known for, I would rather pay full price then loose the high level.

Development means as well investment. We should support the guys to keep on going to create such amazing products!

Peter Frey

LSZH

Whilst it is true that much of the research work done for the original 747-400 will still be relevant, since the facts about the real aeroplane do not change, it will still essentially be a new creation. So that may, and I do mean may, make it possible to factor that in to the pricing of it to some small degree, but at the end of the day it is still a lot of work, so one cannot really blame them if it does not enter into it at all. And it certainly won't enter into it as far as getting a discount for having bought a previous incarnation of it is concerned, because they did actually confirm that would be the case.

It'll be worth the money, the original PMDG 747 is still one of the best aeroplanes you can get for FSX, but with the experience PMDG have gained since having made that one, you can be sure that level of increased knowledge and experience will make the Queen of the Skies the Queen of the add-ons too.

Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here