Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

alandc10

QRH on Ipad

Hi all

I had a thought the other day and i was wondering if its possible. Id like to get the MD11 quick reference handbook on my ipad.

thanks

Alan

Yes it is possible. Just download a PDF reader to your iPad, and move the QRH manual to your iPad via iTunes. Should do the trick!

Regards,

PMDG & MAJESTIC SOFTWARE BETA

CPL (A) + ME/IR

Aleksi Lindén

I don't own an iPad but I'd assume it's the same as adding stuff to an iPhone.

Open iTunes and go to 'books' on the navigation pane on the left. Drag and drop the QRH PDF for the MD11 into the main window. Then plug in your iPad and go to 'DEVICES' and go to the 'books' tab there and make sure sync books is ticked. That's off the top of my head anyway, I'm pretty sure that's correct. Other then that you could just email yourself a copy of the QRH and make sure you have iBooks installed on your device.

Oliver P

I have my NGX FCOM 1&2 on my iPad which is great because it's in color whereas the printed manuals are black and white.

Downside to it however, not as easy to find a procudure in a hurry. Can be a pain to search for a specefic page.

Banner_FS2Crew_Line_Pilot.jpg

"To most the sky is the limit but to me it's home"

Rick Harms (CYVR) i7 950@3.8 (for now) asus p6t v2, 6gb ocz 1600 CL7 ram. BFG 285 oc, vista 64, Samsung 52" 1080p lcd track IR5.

PMDG j41, 747-400x, 747-8i/f, NGX.......Finally!!!!

I use GoodReader. I put everything into a DropBox account and it drags over. It's honestly the best app I've every purchased. I have every manual, from every add-on Aircraft I own on there, plus every FlyAOAMedia flow/checklist which helps make my flights as real as possible!

Cameron Caldwell

CPL (A)

King Air 200 Pilot

I have my NGX FCOM 1&2 on my iPad which is great because it's in color whereas the printed manuals are black and white.

Downside to it however, not as easy to find a procudure in a hurry. Can be a pain to search for a specefic page.

Same here, have all the manuals on the Pad but need a better way to flip to certain pages in a hurry.

Does anyone know of an App other than iBooks that is better for searching through PDF docs?

Thanks,

Brandon Burkley

Same here, have all the manuals on the Pad but need a better way to flip to certain pages in a hurry.

Does anyone know of an App other than iBooks that is better for searching through PDF docs?

Thanks,

Goodreader

Noah Bryant

I use my Transformer Prime for all my manuals and QRH.

Both optimists and pessimists contribute to our society. The optimist invents the airplane and the pessimist the parachute. ~Gil Stern

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

17%
    $4,475.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now