Sign in to follow this  
Mike_CFII_MEL

Another Free PMDG 737NGX Repaint From McPhat Studio

Dhierin

Your version of the facts is...well... awfully one-sided. It will probably not surprise you to learn that our version is factually significantly different. If your version was given to you by someone else, then you may want to mention to them that they are incorrect.

We were more than happy to work with you all and even absorbed the cost of having a commercial vendors contract drafted for you, since McPhat did not have legal counsel upon which to rely. I forwarded this contract to you all for comment and feedback, then followed up with it numerous times without reply.

When we finally did hear from you all, it was an abusive communication that was partnered with some public pronouncements by McPhat assailing the quality of our products. Since we were on the verge of helping to bring a significant stream of revenue into McPhat's coffers- this seemed like an unlikely way to treat a partner in the business relationship and we retracted our offer.

It is an interesting window into the true mindset and nature McPhat that you guys feel it is acceptable to violate the EULA of a fellow developer while simultaneously demanding respect in the community. If you stop and consider for a moment that we developers are a TINY community- and you guys are essentially declaring open-season on the intellectual property rights of a peer- that is a pretty scary proposition. PMDG (and I dare say, the vast majority of the rest of the developers in our community) would go to the wall to protect your intellectual property- but somehow McPhat feels it is okay that the method you are currently using to distribute your liveries for the NGX *VIOLATES THE EULA FOR THE PMDG 737NGX, our paintkit and our livery installer....

Makes it kind of hard to take you guys seriously, now, doesn't it?

Edit After Posting: Dhierin, I don't mean to beat up on you personally- as I recognize this isn't *your* battle- but we work extremely hard to open our products up to as many users and vendors as we can- and it rubs the wrong way to see misinformation put out. We are open to working with *all* vendors, *including* McPhat- but at the very foundation of any working relationship there has to be trust, respect, integrity and decency. I tried and tried and tried to make it work with you guys- and I'd be happy to try again- but without trust, respect, integrity and decency- it just won't work...

It is logical that I only know the story from 1 side. I’ve read the e-mails, so what I say here is based on that. You have your view on it, based on your own experiences and mails you sent us.

Trust, respect, decency and integrity are indeed fundaments for a good relationship, but also for a good company. I think both companies McPhat and PMDG are respectable companies. If we would have not trusted PMDG, we would never have started working on the NGX without a proper license agreement…

In no way it is our intention to violate the EULA that is set by an other company. We both know that in good consultation we (McPhat and PMDG) fixed the licensing issues on the MD-11. Even if it did mean that we had to take our product offline, but we are willing to do that.

It has been about 6-8 months since we got our last e-mail from PMDG. However you say that you sent us the vendor contract. It might be that we are accusing each other of intentional radio silence, but I get the idea that at the same time both, PMDG and McPhat, were trying to contact each other. You never got our mail and we never got your e-mail, which actually contained the contract we both need. Maybe it is some kind of technical issue, for which none of us is to blame.

As you signal that you are willing to try again, so am I. I feel that there is respect from both sides, so I see chances to open communication lines to talk about a license agreement.

The FS community is too small to bash each other’s heads in. Since all this seems to be based on miscommunication (or a lack of communication), for which nobody is to blame, I am going to send you my contact details in a PM. So we can talk about the licensing for the NGX and can get things settled.

This is the 2nd time (I know of) a dispute between PMDG and another company is being handled on AVSIM, a kind of a first handshake if you will (I would hope it is a first handshake in this case).

I wish both sides a success and good luck, as only through that, everyone would benefit. As he said, this is too small a community that things should fail in such manner.

That's a commendable response, I hope they get it sorted too

I'm glad you guys are sorting it out, but I'm a little amazed you're doing this all out in public on the general AVSIM forums.

I would have thought you guys would PM each other or something.

Maybe this is just all for publicity. :)

It's in public because the community pushed them a bit.. And their emails went missing.

And it is by PM now.

I find it strange that if some on makes a addon for addon.  that pmdg would have anything two say about its costs  and action bye 2e party. does not change anything two the product. I find a bit selfisch. from pmdg. if they don't want it. they self should makes hd paints .

Is this repaint available?

I logged into Mcphat Studio, went to freeware but did not see it. There were 4 freeware aircraft listed .. but not Delta for PMDG.

I also went to their forum but it only had one topic (unrelated) with one post .. is their forum still active?

MTW, I do not have a facebook account now.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Hi,

Haven't been on thier page in some time, since the stoppage of the PMDG 737 series repaints. Not sure what's going on with McPhat, just logged into their online forum. It looks like their online forum has been gutted, all I see is one topic.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Mike,

"since the stoppage of the PMDG 737 series repaints"

What does this (stoppage) mean exactly?

Was it on their forum at one time?

Best Regards,

Vonmar, the repaint was made available for a limited time via a YouTube video released by McPhat. You can search for their videos on YouTube but I think the download link was on their site with the registration code in the video.

MikeAdamo,

Thanks for the information.

Best Regards,

Hi,

Guess I'll have to keep my McPhat files safe...

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck