Sign in to follow this  
Taipan

Its your plane vs Multi Crew Experience

Hi,

Just a few precisions...

You can actually use the RC4 "tune on contact" feature. In the manual, we recommend you turn it off just for the sake of realism.

Since November 2011, there is a built-in mechanism that gets around the nagging. You don't need to keep acknowledging handoff. Simply try to establish contact with next controller and MCE will take care of the rest.

The reason we disable handling of radio by FO, is simply to avoid having different voices. You are welcome to let Otto handle the COMs as you usually do with RC4. It’s not like MCE disables it within RC4.

And of course, MCE being modular, you can cherry pick any feature you want to use, and disable the others.

Hope this helps.

Hi Gerald, thanks for the support on this forum.In my "Interfacing with RC4" manual it says:"Right now, co-pilot handling of ATC is not enabled for Radar Contact. But it’s just a matter of time before it is."Perhaps I have an old manual (my MCE version is 2488). Also in the same manual, setting RC4's "tune on contact" to OFF is described as "most relevant" and "highly recommended".BTW: How about setting up a proper support forum? Right now we have two inofficial ones and support is done by PM. So you never know if your problems are a singularity or common ones.Regards, Andreas

Regards,

Andreas Gutzwiller

Sorry about the untidy editing above. Here ist the same in a more legible format:

Hi Gerald, thanks for the support on this forum.

In my "Interfacing with RC4" manual it says: "Right now, co-pilot handling of ATC is not enabled for Radar Contact. But it’s just a matter of time before it is. "Perhaps I have an old manual (my MCE version is 2488).

Also in the same manual, setting RC4's "tune on contact" to OFF is described as "most relevant" and "highly recommended".

BTW: How about setting up a proper support forum? Right now we have two inofficial ones and support is done by PM. So you never know if your problems are a singularity or common ones.

Regards, Andreas

Regards,

Andreas Gutzwiller

New version of MCE is out a bug with RC4'fixed when Otto was handling comms

Sorry about the untidy editing above. Here ist the same in a more legible format:

Hi Gerald, thanks for the support on this forum.

In my "Interfacing with RC4" manual it says: "Right now, co-pilot handling of ATC is not enabled for Radar Contact. But it’s just a matter of time before it is. "Perhaps I have an old manual (my MCE version is 2488).

Also in the same manual, setting RC4's "tune on contact" to OFF is described as "most relevant" and "highly recommended".

BTW: How about setting up a proper support forum? Right now we have two inofficial ones and support is done by PM. So you never know if your problems are a singularity or common ones.

Regards, Andreas

Hi Andreas,

I finally got around to start using MCE with RC4.

It is working for me on most things, I was able to get up in the air using voice and the scripts for the RC4 pdf that comes with MCE.

There are some things that didn't work for example I was requesting change to flight level and it was thinking I was saying something else.

I need to try the handoff trick mentioned above as well, not sure if it will work yet because it didn't like me saying "brisbane centre, this is <callsign>, with you at 14,000 etc.

I think it not only needs training, but also practice so I'm sure what it will recognise. It's a little hard when the controller wants a response so fast or he'll kick your &amp;@(&#036;* :)

By the way you don't have to use PM for support, I have used email in the past to request new aircraft cfgs and they response really quickly.

Hi Dan,

You are right, I should have written "email" not "PM".

I know their response is really quick, still I think a support forum would be a good thing. Of all major add-ons I own MCE is the only one I can think of that doesn't have one.

Regards, Andreas

Regards,

Andreas Gutzwiller

We have the avsim MCE forum, that would make a good "official" forum instead of having two. But would be better to raise that in the MCE forum.

We have the avsim MCE forum, that would make a good "official" forum instead of having two. But would be better to raise that in the MCE forum.

i have rc4 on a networked machine using widefs, does MCE work across a network?

edit, I found it in the FAQ :)

Hi all,

I'm new to FSX and have been using FS2Crew with the PMDG 737. I'm looking for a good co-pilot and ATC for other planes and MCE or Its your plane seems good. Which one would you recommend?

MCE I chose in the end after looking at the options is better in my opinion, it's under very heavy development with lots of new aircraft being added all the time. It's your plane I haven't seen much talk about for a while I think it's mainly older addons and FSX default.

Plus I'm pretty fussy as I like to use my own flows and checklists, so I like MCE because I can edit the flows and fully change them to suit myself.

Which planes do you have? MD-11 and A300 are really great with it. This is what it's like landing and shutdown with MD-11:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFGc1UaOq1M

I think it is MCE that needs a change in its configuration to work with RC and not have conflicts. A user here did post a solution.

I think it is MCE that needs a change in its configuration to work with RC and not have conflicts. A user here did post a solution.

There are no conflicts at all between RC4 and MCE.

If RC4 is installed on the same machine as FSX (or FS9), MCE will detect it and configure itself to work with it without the user doing anything other than selecting to use RC4 (as opposed to Native ATC or PFE).

If RC4 happens to be installed on a networked machine, the user has to change something in the mce.ini file to tell it to prompt for the RC4 network path.

Once it knows where it is, you are good to go.

The advantage MCE has over other implementations is that it constantly knows what's happening in the ATC menu. So won't just take chances at it by sending keyboard presses and hoping for the best.

That's why you could just say "Ground Delta 143 requesting runway 25 left for departure" all from the main RC4 menu, and assuming the runway exists at that airport, it will work.

No ridiculous "select two", "next menu", "option X". Although you can use these too, they aren't what the ATC feature is all about.

MCE can also monitor the native ATC menu for accurate selection.

According to the Safari iPad this video file doesn't exist.

Could you take another look at it please

Thanks,

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

Hi,

I have tried for the past 18months to get MCE to work with RC and or default ATC without any success.My voice commands ignored and inappropriate responses given despite spending many hours voice training.

Gave up in the end as it was stopping me flying!!!