Sign in to follow this  
Azone

The big TrackIR topic

How do you get the TrackIR hotkeys to override the Microsoft Flight hotkeys?

WHen I hit F12 in Microsoft Flight, two things happen:

1) the view changes to top-down

2) Steam does a screen grab

I'd love to be able to map joystick buttons to Center, Pause, and perhaps Precision.

Either change the TrackIR key mappings under the TrackIR profile, or unbind these keys for the view changes in Flight. The issue is that both apps have bindings set for the same keys and both are performing their respective operation.

The F12 screenshot thing is not Flight at all... It's a Steam overlay key. You'll have to change that in Steam.

Alternately, if you set TrackIR to "trap" the F12 key, it should become invisible to all other applications.

But if you want to set the TrackIR commands to joystick buttons, you can do that under the profile settings in the TrackIR interface.

I never knew about that trap feature, but I checked and saw that my profiles are all set to trap in TrackIR4. The trapping did not work for me and I still had to unbind the camera mappings in Flight.

First update titles by clicking the updates button towards the upper right of the Trackir software window. That will update your list of games. Then, go assign a profile to it in the list of games. I think it will be "default" by default. I changed mine to a profile I created and tweaked especially for Flight.

Thank you, Frank. One would think it is updated when you download the latest version of the TIR software. Now I'm ready to go to Alaska!