Sign in to follow this  
Heimi

Bugs/Issues since Update 21.6.`12

-GMap from fswidgets not working anymore.

-Text Chat Window Bugs: If Text Chat Window is open, no interaction possible. Cockpit and Game Menu.

Please add if you found something.

Me too. I used to be able to just click out of it and carry on flying. Now it has to be closed.

I also tried to start the engine just now but even though I could get it started I could not get flying! Had to close the game in the end. Needs sorting.

Hi,

I hope these are things I can fix but just haven't figured out how yet. The RV-6 tends to bank left continuously and neither roll nor bank trim works whatsoever. Roll and bank trim work with a vengence on the Icon but there's no visual indication or way to null.

Also, prior to the update I had "Antilag" installed to reduce jerkiness in the view when looking 90 degrees . After update I removed it and it seems that it is no longer needed.

Jim F.

Edit update: Trim: Nose Left and Right works in the RV6.

I don't think the RV-6 has aileron trim tabs, so the buttons for that aren't going to work. It's like moving your prop control in the Icon... there is nothing for it to control, so nothing happens.

If you look closely at the top of the VC control stick, you will see the trim buttons. There should be just four, I think, for pitch+, pitch-, yaw+, and yaw-.

I installed the update yesterday and now I get a message on startup about Old controls detected, and I keep clicking no because I don't want to have to re do my mappings. Anyone else have this?

I installed the update yesterday and now I get a message on startup about Old controls detected, and I keep clicking no because I don't want to have to re do my mappings. Anyone else have this?

Yeah, one of my buddies got the same thing every time he logged on until he finally bit the bullet and accepted the new controls. Then he re-did his mappings the way he wanted them.

Well that didn't last long. I got home tonight and sat down for a flight and Flight CTDs on me. It worked fine yesterday so I don't understand. I tried downloading and installing again but no joy. Any suggestions? Can I wipe it out completely and do a clean install without loosing any of my DLC content? It's a real bummer that's for sure. The strange thing was that I did a restart and got a update taking place message. As best I can tell some sort of MS update was taking place when I tried to start Flight and I think it got hosed by that update.

Well that didn't last long. I got home tonight and sat down for a flight and not Flight CTDs on me. It worked fine yesterday so I don't understand. I tried downloading and installing again but no joy. Ant suggestions? Can I wipe it out completely and do a clean install without loosing any of my DLC content? It's a real bummer that's for sure. The strange thing was that I did a restart and got a update taking place message. As best I can tell some sort of MS update was taking place when I tried to start Flight and I think it got hosed by that update.

Mine crunched this afternoon too. Lousy timing, right before the weekend. I exchanged a couple emails with Loki on the support team trying to help, but they may be gone for the weekend now. Ugh...

I did a complete removal and re-install, but still no joy. (The content you bought will still be available.)

I started an hour ago, and I was chugging at around 5FPS. tried a few things....then rebooted....then waited about 20 minutes. Then I started flight up again, and it seemed to re-discover all my awards and stuff, so I let it go through that process. When it seemed to be finished, I started flying and was getting around 50FPS which is normal. So...problem solved, something was going on with the server or something.

Also, turning off vsync seemed to solve the slightly lower framerate post update...thanks Bobsk8!

Mine crunched this afternoon too. Lousy timing, right before the weekend. I exchanged a couple emails with Loki on the support team trying to help, but they may be gone for the weekend now. Ugh...

I did a complete removal and re-install, but still no joy. (The content you bought will still be available.)

Finally got it going again. Per Loki's instructions, uninstalled everything, then re-installed from Steam. Going well now (knock on wood).

I started an hour ago, and I was chugging at around 5FPS. tried a few things....

So, the Nvidia drivers reinstall didn't work (?) :-(

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Lenovo TB310FU 9,5" Tablet for Navigraph and some available external FMCs or AVITABs

Main flight simulator: MSFS 2020... 

I never had a crash but a few strange things did happen. Startup time is longer every other time, so long that I was expecting a crash. My rewards disappeared after starting it yesterday morning, logged out of GFWL then restarted.....rewards back. Saved flights wouldnt finish loading until a restart was done. Toe brakes still aren't detectable.

Toe brakes still aren't detectable.

Are you assigning the right ones? So not the entries for buttons but for the axis?

So, the Nvidia drivers reinstall didn't work (?) :-(

Nope, re-installing didn't change anything. The 5fps was only temporary though, no clue why that was happening, but it's fine now.

Unchecking vsync did make a difference. Seems to give me a 20-30% boost in some areas, so that's big.

Also, I have gone from Maximum Sharpness down to Good. Taking screen caps, I can't see a difference, but there is a notable difference in framerates.

Finally got it going again. Per Loki's instructions, uninstalled everything, then re-installed from Steam. Going well now (knock on wood).

I just signed up in steam and tried to install from there but it still crashed on start. I've removed all things Flight I could find and I'm trying it through the market place again.

I talked with the FSWidgets folks yesterday and they said they hoped to have a fix for the Gmap not loading (within a week). Hope they can fix that, I think Gmap will be a big help in Alaska.