Sign in to follow this  
Avidgamer32

<FSX> Can't uninstall/reinstall 747

HELP!!

I recently installed the PMDG 747X for fsx and due to problems with my computer, I had to delete the MSFSX folder. I re-installed it today after taking out every part of my computer and replacing it. I booted up fine, reinstalled fsx and all my payware addons and then I got to the PMDG 747X. I loaded up the installer <Download Version of the Installer> and it came up with a error message: The setup has detected that version 2.1 has already been installed...This setup installs a previous version of the software...you will have to uninstall the previous version before installing this one. I thought <no dramas> and then went to control panel and uninstall a program, then clicked on the uninstall PMDG 747-400/F. I waited but nothing loads up. I need to reinstall this plane and the update. HELP!!! On a side note, when I try and uninstall from the control panel the mouse turns into a loading animation but no uninstall program opens. Sigh. Any way to remove then reinstall this aircraft would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance,

Felix Harrison.

Two suggestions. I believe that the installer gives three options. Install, Repair, Remove. Try one of the other two besides install.

Thanks for the help Branton,

Unfortunately the download version I bought only comes with a install option. After installation, a uninstall program is added to the add/remove programs in control panel. This uninstaller would typically be used to uninstall the 747 but now when I try clicking to program to attempt to uninstall, nothing happens :/

Thanks for your reply

I had the same problem some weeks ago. I fixed it removing every PMDG 747-400 related line from fsx.cfg, exe and dll. I also removed everything related to it from the registry, Then i could reinstall the Queen without problems. I hope this can help you.

sig_concordeX.jpg

vafs_status.php?cs=AFR2202&w=1&clr=11,95

Try using ccleaner - it has a registry cleaner built-in (freeware)

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020