Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

Instant Replay?

Am I missing something or is there no instant replay. If that's the case how many would welcome this feature in the sim?

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

HELL YEAH! Plus ability to record and play back tracks of all my crashes :Hypnotized:

I would love replays and the ability to record flights.

It's a very useful tool for critiquing your own landings, since there isn't really any other (useful) way of doing it. Not so fussed on recording long periods. There's software that can do that already.

Very interested in an instant replay, with changeable camera views, even if it is just the last minute or two. It's a great movie-making tool.

I would like it in order to see how good landings and takeoffs are. I think these together with navigation are the best part of flight sims.

I almost always use the skip button, except where it as a very short flight, can't see much point in trimming the aircraft and just watching things go by.

Provided it doesn't bring stutters, lower fps, that's ok for me :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I would definitely welcome an instant replay feature. I use replay on FSX regularly, as I like to see my landings, so I would love the ability in Flight. It's not a deal-breaker for me if it isn't added, but at least to me, it would be a very nice addition. :)

Another vote for an instant reply feature. My PC just barely manages to run the game at high settings and isn't up to full screen video capture at the same time.

As was already stated, if it is going to affect the smoothness of Flight, they can keep it.

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I'm sure it would be an option, to turn on or off.

I don't think it would impact performance. An instant replay wouldn't typically take video captures, it would record either position/rotation information, or input plus environment information allowing re-creation of position/rotation....that's how it's done in racing games, and it's why playbacks can be viewed from any angle, etc. Video capturing is a bit more intensive, usually for the hard drive, but also for the CPU, and is frankly a more primitive technique. (Unless it's FRAPS which is works with any application and has no access to the game's acupuncture)

I would love to see an instant replay implemented. For me, it's not only watching with pride the occasional greasers, but instant replay also helps me to see what went wrong on the botched approaches as well.