Sign in to follow this  
Chock

Basler BT-67 Turbo Conversion DC-3 released

Hi,

has anybody else this issue? Since I installed the latest version of the Basler, I can not use the fuel transfer pumps?! They do not transfer fuel into the main tanks. Don't know why. With an earlier version of the Basler everything worked as it should.

looks like the DLL decided to quit service. Or can you hear any switch sounds when moving a switch in the VC? Are you able to change fuel and/or payload using the status popup? If none of that is working, the DLL didn't initialize properly. Did you do any changes in the [fuel]-section of the AIRCRAFT.CFG? That could be a reason for it...

Hansi

Hi Hansi,

no, I don't hear any sound when flipping a switch in the VC. And I can't change fuel/payload in the status popup also... :blush:

I did not change the [fuel] section.

How can I get it back to work?? Any ideas?

Best regards,

Markus

Markus - I'm not sure, it seems to work ok for me. I would try backup your Basler folder, then reinstall a clean copy.

Daniel - Thanks for Spectrem!!

Hey guys,

I found the problem! :rolleyes:

Somehow, maybe while adding my RXP gauges, I must have been deleting this line:

gauge24=Basler!Main, 0,0,1,1

Without that gauge, it wouldn't work. Now everything is working fine as it should! Thanks again for this nice aircraft!

Markus

For you frequent Basler flyers, here's my problem.

Remember when we talked about that 'stuck' throttle when using the 100% torque setting? Well, one can avoid this of course and shouldn't run those 100% in the first place. But there's a situation where you are cruising in some cold weather with moisture all around you.

In that situation, you may run with the inertial separators ('engine anti-ice') on and therefore lose some torque.

46651309.jpg

To compensate, you may then increase the throttle setting up to 100% lever position. Since you will run this for an extended time, your throttles will get stuck at this setting. This will then delay your descent a lot since you may have to wait until the throttles come out of their 100% trap.

Maybe the devs can join in on how to avoid this. Or maybe there's a fix one can apply. I'm currently flying Alaska, so the weather demands for some engine anti-ice at cruise levels. Which means that I'm seeing the stuck throttles a lot and it takes quite some time until they react normally. :(

Here's a screenshot. Power levers (sorry for the 'throttle' word) at zero and the engines still running at max.

thryo.th.jpg

I haven't measured it yet, but it lasted some guessed two minutes or so.

Have passed it on to the team. At the moment we don't really seem to have a solution. Perhaps Alexander can think of something.

You guys know of any VA that has the Basler in their fleet? It would be cool to put the hours down on paper

You guys know of any VA that has the Basler in their fleet? It would be cool to put the hours down on paper

Never mind.. I found one. FSEconomy has it

CoolP,

I clicked on your screenshot above (post 486) and got what I think are commercial ads ... from Image Shack.

Are those ads required to post a screenshot here?

I posted this JPG (a screenshot of your post) using AVSIM's Full Editor "attachment" .... to this post. No ads, just the JPG.

This is what I seen:

Edited by firehawk44
Image removed - exceeded 1600W.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Yeah, they have that since some weeks. Sorry for that. In the end, it's a free image hoster, so I'd say that's the downside of that free character trait. Same as on free forums, the surrounding advertisement.

I'm not bound to that service, but I prefer it over using the attachments in forums. At Avsim, one has to be logged in to see them and things and that thumbnail posting saves some bandwith.

Concerning the picture itself, just click the ad away and it will remember not to ask again. You are right though, pretty annoying thing with the popup. I hope they remove it sooner or later and return to normal ads, as it was some weeks back.

The problem is ... we (our PC'c) are "linked" to their (Image Shack) commercial server for ads and "possible" virus etc.

I use Photobucket (the free service) also (for years) and have not noticed it (any advertisements).. I will check and see.

Personally .. I like the idea of being logged onto AVSIM to view full posts ..

Best Regards,

Well, as long as you don't click the picture, which you would only do if you like to see it, you are not exposed to anything. At least not more than with linking to Photobucket or when I'm posting some reference at http://www.boeing.com/.

The nice thing about that thumbnail is that it doesn't cause big loading times. Only if people want to see it in full scale, it would.

By the way, I don't know if Avsim features the thumbnail option, but regarding that really huge screenshot of yours, it would make sense to use such an option. :smile:

At photobucket I get an ad when I log in and upload the JPG.

The above big screenshot was 120 Kb.

This one from Photobucket .. is zero Kb on AVSIM forum.

No advertisements.

No load time.

People do not have to be logged onto AVSIM to see it.

It is not really big.

Blaster-sc.jpg

Best Regards,