Sign in to follow this  
Chock

Basler BT-67 Turbo Conversion DC-3 released

So you were on pedals and couldn't stop? Ok, that really puzzles me. Guess I have to watch that more closely on the next flights. But I'm currently on the airliners.

What you have said about brakes not working after gear cycle would not increase my braking effort after changing the scalar - I would have still had no brakes - right?

Yes. I'm even more puzzled now since the work on the scalar helped you. Means it isn't related to the issue I was describing.

When you fully step on the brakes, what percentage does that field on the control panel give you? Just out of interest. Parking brake gave me 100, but pedals were less and even the key press wasn't 100.

In my case it was like even though the engines idled the thrust was still active.
You have some thrust value 'sitting' there when the large props are idling. This should be normal for that kind of plane and with the props in forward pitch. When you go into the beta range (power lever), you may achieve a flat pitch where no net thrust is produced.

You can alter the idle rpm with the condition lever. Maybe it was fully forward and gave you a higher ground idle, therefore more idle thrust. The lowest 'run' setting should aim at some 700rpm, while the high one is around 1000. So, when the props are in forward pitch, those 300rpm should make a difference.

I will look at all these things, hopefully tomorrow afternoon - family in for Thanksgiving till then. Thanks for your attention to this matter.

John Wingold

John,

Is the braking problem occur only when you use the Basler or is it a problem with all of your aircraft?

Bill

Bill,

I have only noticed it with the Basler, but that's about all I fly these days. But I have been thinking that CoolP might be on to something with the condition lever. I routinely push prop. and mix. forward on approach. I hope to get back to it this afternoon (busy weekend) and try to look at some of the things he has mentioned.

This has to be the best bunch of guys in the flightsim community and I appreciate you all.

John

John Wingold

OK Guys,

I got away for a few minutes and flew FSX (in which I have not modified scalar - only in P3D).

Left from La Guardia RW 22 and flew to JFK. Landed ILS on 4L. Used reverse and brakes to slow. Turned into first taxiway left just past 22L. Toe brakes registered 53% (each and together through entire event). Prop and Mix both at about 50%. No stopping. Slowed yes, but would not stop. Pulled Prop all the way back. No effect. Pulled Mix back until almost killing engines. Slowed but no stop until I applied parking brake (100%). Guess I will be adjusting scalar in FSX too - unless someone can see the error in my ways....

John

Edit: Forgot - Keypress did not register at all...

John Wingold

I don't see an error on your side, John. From the description, everything is fine and the brakes should be able to handle even the high idle from the forward condition lever. However,

Toe brakes registered 53%

is not enough. As you saw, mine come in at some 86%, so perhaps check the calibration of yours. Does it allow for full travel? Means, does FSX recognize the full travel of the pedals? You may not see the issue on other planes if they have more powerful brakes. For them, 53% may be enough.

So maybe your tweaking on the scalar just works around the actual issue, the calibration of the pedals. Masked error source, so to speak.

Maybe that's a hint for the devs. They seem to have set up some specials in the brake department where the parking brake is the only brake with 100%, being followed by the digital on/off key press through FSX reaching some 93/94% and then by the (hopefully) calibrated analogue pedals with some 86+.

I guess the default brake key in FSX failing after gear retraction is a separate issue, but thanks for confirming it.

CoolP,

I'll recheck calibration on the pedals as soon as things settle down a little.

Thanks for your efforts.

John

John Wingold

CoolP and Bill,

I think I may have found at least part of the problem. My percentage of brakes (individual and together) registered 53%. I calibrated and they remained the same. I went into Options/Controls/Calibrate to calibrate there and found the sensitivity sliders dead center. This might be ok for the rudder, but the toe brakes would only have about half (sound like 53%?) of their sensitivity available. I moved the sliders for the toe brakes all the way to the right, fired it up again, and had 99% all the way around. Flew my main trouble shooting (quick) course and everything worked as designed. Fingers crossed, but it seems to work. CoolP, I didn't try the keyboard command (lost my mind) but this takes care of the toe brake problem,,,, hopefully!

Thanks for your (both of you) sticking with me.

John

Edit - Everything was already set high in P3D, so my previous alteration will remain there.

John Wingold

99%? See? Now I have to check my pedals too. :lol: Glad it's working now, John. Good work.

One more note. I really can't say what the brake percentage was in P3D before that adjustment to scalar, but it now reads 99%. No further adjustment needed for me, but if the keyboard "B" brake is disabled after a gear cycle, I can see that those without my "stuff" might have a problem with what is now my favorite airplane. I am one happy old man with the Basler. Thanks again to all that had anything at all to do with this magnificent airplane.

John

John Wingold

.........I am one happy old man with the Basler. Thanks again to all that had anything at all to do with this magnificent airplane.....

John

My thanks also. One of the best freeware AC in memory.

I love this plane, and hate to sound stupid, but I've tried my darnedest to install the RXP 530 and 430 (and the wx radar would be nice too) with no success. I thought I followed all the steps I found in this forum, but all I ended up with was a runway and no gauges. Would anyone be so kind as to post their panel.cfg file that includes the real 520 and 430? Thanks.

I seem to be unable to download the base pack and any of Cheese-Strikes repaints. All the links, including the links on his offsite website linking to Flightsim.com downloads are being reported as "obsolete". My searches at both AVSIM and Flightsim libraries seem to not pull up anything recent.

Can someone suggest where I can get this fine aircraft and it's beautifully done repaints?

RM Killins

For the download, look/search for basler_bt67_v2.zip at www.flightsim.com. The repaints are also available, just search for a more generic 'basler' then.

The RXP config. Well, I have mine running with a twin 530, the Captain Sim WR, the HD gauges and a resorted radio stack. So that may not help you much or even confuse you. I also have the other model file which renders the radio stack flat.

Did you edit panel.cfg without the RXP tool before? You will have to manually edit the thing, the RXP tool won't help you much.

If you just wanted to replace the tweaked default gauges with the RXP 530 and 430, you could go two ways. Keeping the 3D model will make it look nicer, but not all buttons will work in the VC. Also, one has to turn on the VC gauges to actually see the RXP screens coming up 'underneath' them. Mind that step if you've just replaced the entries. See the clickspot here.

knobr.jpg

The other way would be to use the flat model file, rendering all knobs in the VC working, but looking flat.

Some of us have posted screenshots of their edited panel in this thread. So if you would find a guy showing the setup you want, perhaps you can PM him. See an example here. http://forum.avsim.n...25#entry2436472