Sign in to follow this  
Chock

Basler BT-67 Turbo Conversion DC-3 released

mjahn,

No - not a saved flight. I'm thinking of trying a "repair" on FSX. I have already let it rebuild the .cfg file and that made no difference. This "minor" annoyance is annoying me and, I'm afraid, everyone else.... and, according to your last message, it is probably my installation. That gives me a place to start. Heck, if necessary, I'll do a complete reinstall - trying the less invasive methods first.

Thanks for everything, and I mean that sincerely.

John

John Wingold

mjahn,

Success! After getting your earlier message, I got my chores done and then completely removed FSX. I have now built it back and GS captures! There must have been some glitch that occurred during the last 2 1/2 years since I last installed - or maybe there was a glitch in that installation that I didn't notice until I started really using the BT. At any rate, it is now working and this great work of art that you guys have worked so hard on, is flying without any problem other than a dummy sitting in the left seat. Thanks for your and others help in bringing me to the decision to make the extreme move. It worked out great and with little trouble.

John

John Wingold

Great, John, welcome back to the world of glide paths!

Did the Spectrem repaint get finished? Kind of hanging out for it.

Ta

Daniel says it's just a matter of some finishing touches, as soon as he's back. We'll notify you here.

"Spectrem" sporting Daniel's paint has been uploaded to Flightsim. May take a couple of days for it to register. Sorry for the delay.

spectrem.jpg

I currently fly the MAAM DC-3 in FS9.1 so I know some of the DC3 basics.

I must say, the developers did a very fine job in this Blaster BT-67 Turbo Conversion DC-3 for FSX.

I did one quick flight and enjoyed every minute of it.

I will have to look through all the posts in this forum thread to see what optional items (like adding RealityXP Garmins?) or fixes / updates have been discussed.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

It's there at Flightsim under basler_bt67_spectrem.zip. Has a cocked up blurb, but never mind, the readme is correct.

Next up will be the Bell Geospace version with a sting in its tail for gravity measurements, complementing the stingless version already available:

bell.jpg

And that will conclude the Basler project for the time being I think, except for occasional updates and refinements. Already on the drawing board is rather an ugly duckling with the same fuselage as the Basler, swept wings, bulging nacelles and oversize tailplane. What can it be? Well here is how the puzzle pieces are supposed to come together ...

c117_03.jpg

It's there at Flightsim under basler_bt67_spectrem.zip.

Got it! Thanks again. :smile:

Good day to you gentlemen, first post here on the forum. Thanks firstly to the guys for this stunning turbo Dak.

Just wanted to ask if anyone has done repaints of it in south african air force colours? They flown here in 35 squadron out of Ysterplaat AFB in Cape Town.

The SAAF aircraft are actually Braddick (BSAS) Turbo Daks, not Baslers. Different engine nacelles and no clipped wings.

Good day gents,

has anybody else this issue? Since I installed the latest version of the Basler, I can not use the fuel transfer pumps?! They do not transfer fuel into the main tanks. Don't know why. With an earlier version of the Basler everything worked as it should.

Any clues?

Best regards,

Markus