Sign in to follow this  
Chock

Basler BT-67 Turbo Conversion DC-3 released

Sounds like another useful picture hoster. :smile:

But regarding the actual thread topic, can you confirm the slight trouble with the stuck throttles? Means in the cruise portion of the flight.

Sounds like another useful picture hoster. :smile:

But regarding the actual thread topic, can you confirm the slight trouble with the stuck throttles? Means in the cruise portion of the flight.

It (Photobucket) is a picture holster, true. Minus the .. forced to read any advertising and clicking "X's" to get rid of them....

IMO, the real solution is to use AVSIM's "attachments" within the post.

The formal topic is

Basler BT-67 Turbo Conversion DC-3 released

sorry about the bold .. I copied it from the first post's title line ........

About the throttles ... No, I have not had that problem but then again I am not in icing.

Not knowing any better I would probably fly lower (get out of icing) until I figured it out.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Oh she does good in icing conditions and is able to fly into known ones. I also like the fact that the engine model reacts to the switches and loses some torque due to activating the altered airflow. So when it comes to that detail, we are talking top notch levels.

Well, if you ever test her with the stuff enabled and see or not see the 'stuck' throttle, please let us know.

Before I get iced up .. what did you mean here?:

"Remember when we talked about that 'stuck' throttle when using the 100% torque setting? Well, one can avoid this of course and shouldn't run those 100% in the first place."

Best Regards,

That's referring to a few pages back where folks reported the throttle problem coming alive when using 'full throttle' at takeoff. We've determined that this firewalling of the power levers isn't the correct procedure for flying the plane, so the properly flying sim pilot would actually never see the issue.

The avoidance procedure therefore is to mind the max takeoff torque settings and to not use the full lever range.

Now the part I ran into happened at cruise, where, depending on the altitude, you are actually flying her with the power levers full forward. Even more so when the 'anti-ice' is on. So that's a thing even properly flying folks could experience.

Yeah, they have that since some weeks. Sorry for that. In the end, it's a free image hoster, so I'd say that's the downside of that free character trait. Same as on free forums, the surrounding advertisement.

A lot of people, including me, use the following free service - http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

CoolP,

I clicked on your screenshot above (post 486) and got what I think are commercial ads ... from Image Shack.

Are those ads required to post a screenshot here?

I posted this JPG (a screenshot of your post) using AVSIM's Full Editor "attachment" .... to this post. No ads, just the JPG.

This is what I seen:

Sorry, my initial JPG was too wide so I cropped it here:

Best Regards,

Let's see if anyone here is still checking in... I have encountered a problem that appears intermittently (worst kind). Occasionally, pretty regualarly lately, when pulling up to a gate or whatever, the aircraft will not stop. I don't know if it is engine rpms or brakes, but suspect brakes as the engines sound low and the tachs read low. Is there an adjustment to increase braking effort? Thanks again for bailing out this old man..

John

John Wingold

Are your hydraulics up and running, John? Any warnings on the panel with the numerous lights? I don't know if brake heat or something is modelled, so that would be my first guess. If you have no pressure, the value is red.

hydr.jpg

So if the pumps are running and If the red brake message from FSX comes up on the lower left, the things should work.

Thanks CoolP - I knew I could count on you. I will try that and see. In the meantime, I had set the differential brake scalar from 0.70 up to 0.885. That worked, but I am anxious to look at your suggestion.

Happy Thanksgiving....

John

John Wingold

Actually, there were no warning lights and the pressure stayed at 752.... just wouldn't stop and it was becoming more prevalent. Guess the brakes are just wearing down - time for service! At any rate, the scalar adjustment gets me stopped - I just have to make sure I don't stand her on her nose. I may play around with that number. It was one I just picked for no apparent reason. I am thoroughly enjoying the BT67 and again want to thank all involved in designing this beautiful bird.

John

John Wingold

Interesting find. I would have to check the brakes again, but I don't recall them failing so far. Maybe there is something modelled and I'm not aware and also didn't see it so far. :blush:

Are you using pedals or the button by the way? If you are on pedals, perhaps check if it makes a difference when using the default FSX brake command on the keyboard. If so, the calibration may explain the brake wear.

Edited. I forgot. There's a value for the brake power on the control panel. When the parking brake is set, it's 100%. When I fully step on the pedals, it reads 86%.

clipboard02qs.jpg

Now here's the confusing part and perhaps the one leading to a problem. When I freshly load the plane, pressing the default FSX brake key causes the 'brakes' message to come up and also shows that it's actually breaking. Means the control panel gives me some 93/94% of break power.

However, after landing, this doesn't work. At least not on my last flight. Pressing the default FSX brake doesn't lead to any breaking. Since I always go via pedals, I never saw this. But your post made me test it.

The trigger seems to be the gear up action. After one has retracted the gear and later lowers it, the default key for breaking doesn't work anymore. With pedals, everything is ok though.

Look at this soundset for turboprops!

Quite nice, isn't it? :)

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

CoolP,

I was using pedals. I tried using everything I had including parking brake and it would just not stop. I tried reversing and it, of course stopped me and started backing, but when I would return to idle, she would start moving again. Actually, I was using it in P3D, but have had it happen in FSX. Today FSX behaved very well. What you have said about brakes not working after gear cycle would not increase my braking effort after changing the scalar - I would have still had no brakes - right? But I do - unless it has just gone back to the other side of the intermittent issue. That's what makes it weird. In my case it was like even though the engines idled the thrust was still active.

Sorry for the delay in responding. Had to go out a while. Now goodnight as I will be at work at 0600.

John

John Wingold