Sign in to follow this  
Chock

Basler BT-67 Turbo Conversion DC-3 released

CooIP: yet another attempt. Test one more time please. The default GPS looks OKish on it here.

CavalierDuck: Love all RAF paints, real or fictitious...

I have to thank you for your efforts and the patience with me.

Well, now we have a different problem, the screens receive an overlay, leading them to be very dark. :o All lights on. The 2D popup just shows how the screen colour should be.

newwty.jpg

To be honest, I have no trouble with the initial version, with the bright gauges. I can live with that in the nice plane.

One last attempt, CooIP ...

(using just a tiny fraction of additive light for the left panel), and resurrecting other VC01 gauges to normal)

Do the RXP authors give any tips? Does the GNS have brightness control?

The screens are back to normal now.

newtij.jpg

I guess the rest may indeed be a RXP related problem. Those gauges come in too bright while the other ones like the weather radar are properly lit. I've moved them around to see if it makes a difference. It does not, RXP stuff stays 'lit'.

Lets leave it that way. I don't think we will get behind the details of the RXP and I've already stressed your patience more than enough.

Do the RXP authors give any tips?

Not as far as I know. Pretty silent on that channel, so to speak.

Too bad but I think we have tried everything.

Meanwhile I am adjusting the smoothness of the round bezels so that KOXR's HD gauges are set off appropriately.

Too bad but I think we have tried everything.

Absolutely. Amazing support by you folks. Thanks again. :smile:

I know this is a little off topic, but you guys are the greatest and I know someone will know the answer. With the autopilot in FSX, I can fly across the ILS area with the autopilot on and the ALT set (yes, I am below the glideslope) and with HDG and APR on and NAV 1 tuned to the ILS frequency for the runway. When aligned, the HDG button will go out and I will be turned on course to the runway. When I intercept the glideslope, the ALT will go out, but the glideslope will not lock. I can manually fly it down with throttle and flap application, but it seems that it should lock and I shouldn't have to fight it all the way in. I received these directions some time ago in the Flight forum (wrong place for an FSX question) and it describes the whole senereo:

OAD... you just need to be on a reasonable intercept heading (of the final approach course) say 45° or less... and below the glideslope... about 4 to 6 miles out to be "safe" (i.e. ensure the thing works right).

Check out the ILS or LOC RWY 34 approach to Roanoke: http://aeronav.faa.g...7/00349IL34.PDF

Fly to MONAT @ 3800'MSL with the AP, HDG, & ALT buttons on... After MONAT push the APR button.

I'd turn to say 300° prior to WOTUP but not necessary... the airplane will probably overshoot the course (you'll be left of course) and swing back (it turns to a "re"intercept heading - greater than 336° - then re-establishes on the inbound course).

Once you intercept the inbound course, the HDG button light extinguishes... same for ALT once you have intercepted the GS (glideslope). Both needles (horizontal & vertical) should stay rock-solid centered.

Problem is, after following the great advice given, it will not lock on the glideslope. By the way, the autopilot for the Basler seems to be the same as the Cessna (for which this was given) except for the HSI being different.

What am I doing wrong??? I know this is "off topic" but if someone could answer, I would greatly appreciate it.

John

John Wingold

The APP button was pressed as I approached the ILS pattern. It stayed on through the entire time until I disengaged AP near the runway. Are you saying that I need to press APP again as I intercept the glideslope? Not questioning what you are saying, but it is already on. Thanks for your quick response.

John

John Wingold

Sorry, John. I must have edited my reply as you read it. I confused the APP and APR button and changed my reply. Sorry, I didn't get it edited before you saw it.

Here is what I do to intercept an ILS. Approaching the ILS at a shallow angle, below the glideslope, I have a heading set to intercept the ILS course. As I approach the intercept and I see the needles start to converge, that is when I press APR.

Your airspeed is very important at this point. If you are going to fast, you will stay high on approach. usually, the AP cannot correct enough the GS is you are too fast. Throttle back slowly so you lose airspeed. Don't throttle back too much because then you will drop below the glideslope and the may not be able to correct. The correct airspeed depends on the aircraft, but usually changing your airspeed just a couple of knots is enough to keep you on the glideslope. I hope this helps.

Bill

Thanks Bill. Speed is probably the culprit. I'm old and don't have much time! In fact, I ride by the local funeral home each morning and see if they will come out after me! If not, I'm good for the day. If they do, I'll just drive in and get a discount!

I'll try this "approach" and see what happens. Thanks for your help.

John

John Wingold

That worked Bill, but I am still flying a little "hot". I've just got to learn how to slow the Basler down a little more. She is a fast beast but I really do like her! I would like for the glideslope to "lock" and keep me on the path, but I am still having to work on the speed. For you RL pilots, is the glideslope accurate to that found in real aircraft?

John

John Wingold

Speed is probably the culprit. I'm old and don't have much time!

:lol: Good one.

Thanks to the setup of the plane, you could add another AP if you like.

John, I flew the approach in the C172 and C208. Took off and turned left to 165 and climed to 5,000, HDG and ALT on. Neither 114.9 nor 109.7 have DME so I tuned to ROA VOR 109.4 on NAV2 to give me DME. It's 5 miles away towards Catawba. When the GS needle went inactive, turned the HDG bug to 060. When the LOC needle came off the peg, started a left turn and pressed APP. HDG turned off and when the GS needle centered, ALT turned off and the aircraft started a 450 ft/min desent. Reduced power, dropped the flaps, turned off APP, and landed. The autopilot, VOR, and ILS is simulated very accuratly in FSX. The ROA approach worked normally.

The BT uses the C208 autopilot (aliased). I had a problem in the BT, selecting the modes would turn off the AP (post #108). The C208 works nomally.

Dave

Thanks Dave,

I have no problem having it lock on to the heading, it just will not lock on to the glide slope. The ALT goes out, which, in my limited mind, would indicate that it it is intercepted, but unless I drop the power back to practically nothing, lower gear, and drop flaps, I just overshoot the glide slope. Must be me. I appreciate the help but I guess I am missing something. I seem to remember previous versions "locking" and it does in x-plane, but not in FSX. I was wondering if a cfg. line may have gotten corrupted.

John Wingold