Sign in to follow this  
Jazznow

Flying wild Alaska - Flight plans

Too bad the FWA series has come to an end. I actually like Ice Pilots just as much though and it has new episodes airing.

I cant recreate flights from Ice Pilots as it is centred around the Northwest Territories of Canada, whereas Flying Wild Alaska fits nicely into the Alaska Wildernes Experience Pack and with these flights I hope to add some interest where the lack of missions and intelligent aerocaches have failed.

Look for part 121 Era flights on here,

http://flightaware.c...e/flight/ERR821

http://flightaware.c...ve/airport/PAUN

They fly Dash 8's and B1900 C&D's,along with the small part 135 aircraft.

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

Part 121 means FAA regulation Part 121 for air carriers,and 135 is for non scheduled air charter.

Different FAA regulations for each.

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

Look for part 121 Era flights on here, http://flightaware.c...light/ERR821 http://flightaware.c...airport/PAUN

They fly Dash 8's and B1900 C&D's,along with the small part 135 aircraft.

Not sure I understand 'part 121' and 'part 135' ? (but then Im not up on Aviation Terminology)

Part 121 means FAA regulation Part 121 for air carriers,and 135 is for non scheduled air charter. Different FAA regulations for each.

Thanks for the response, although I fail to follow what your point is (I've not slept in 3 days so I might be suffering a brain burp)

Nice! I'm really looking forward to flying these, especially the "real" bush flights to off-airport locations.

These seem really cool, I can't wait to try them out. I think I'll watch the episodes first to prep myself :good:

Thanks for posting these for us!

I have been working on this very thing for the past 2 weeks, I have all of Season One done and I'm currently working through Season Two after which I shall do Season Three ...I have the plans done, I am now working through giving a little background to each flight . When I have them completed I intend to share them on my Skydrive. So, I should have them all completed within the next two weeks.

I will not be doing what is asked by the author of this thread, I am simply creating the Flight Plans using Plan-G and providing a little background for each flight, these Flight Plans can then either be loaded into Plan-G (or any compatible Flight Planner that reads the .pln format) and edited, printed etc ..or they can be loaded into Gmap and followed via GPS.

Hey guys, sorry for dragging up an old thread, but does anyone know if the flight plans for this series were ever finished?  I have a bunch of the ones he did for Season 1, more than what's mentioned in this thread, but don't remember where I got them.  I'd love to snag the Season 2 and 3 flight plans, if he ever released them.

I'm getting back into more down-to-Earth flight sims again (in FSX) after nine months or so of nothing but Kerbal Space Program, and Alaska is still my favorite place to fly.  I've been flying around Kenai and the area to the east of that in ORBX Southern Alaska, but may pick up Ultimate Alaska X if I can find a excuse to fly out of Unalakleet.

RoboRay, I wondered the same thing after they released season 2 on NetFlix.  Does Crusader have contact info either on here or on Steam?