Sign in to follow this  
NoahBryant

CH Pedals - Differential braking not turning off

I did a search for this problem and found some FS9 related issues but nothing for FSX.

My problem just cropped up so I'm thinking it may be that my pedals just need to be replaced, but since it's a problem that others have had I'll hope there maybe a an FSUIPC fix or something.

The issue is that as soon as a even nudge one of the toe brakes, the "DIFFERENTIAL BRAKES" message appears on the screen and will not go away. The plane begins to slow and the only way to clear it is to turn on the parking brakes then turn them off.

I have tried re calibrating them in windows to no avail

I have done my best within FSUIPC but honestly don't know what most of the FSUIPC controls mean so there's a good chance I'm just not doing it right.

If there is someone who has had this issue before and could talk me through the FSUIPC settings I would be very much appreciative.

Noah Bryant

Hello

In Fsuipc calibration screen press the left brake pedal fully forward and click [MIN]

Ease the pedal backward but not fully back (something like 2/3 travel)

Click [MAX]

Put a tick in the [REV] box.

Repeat for the right brake.

This is the way I do it to ensure no pesky slight braking from either the left or right side.

In CH Control Manager:

1. Enter the calibration utility and select the Pro Pedals.

2. Initiate the calibration and stop at the third step (the release both toe brakes and center pedals step).

3. Place a CD case under the back of each pedal, then click next (this will calibrate them as very slightly engaged as the lowest value, ensuring that some pressure is required before they will begin to respond).

4. Finish the calibration.

If you do it this way, you won't have to do any fidgeting in FSUIPC, which is useful if you have multiple profiles that would need adjusting.

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

Mad dog -

Thanks for the help. That mostly fixed the problem. I see it sometime still and have to do the parking brake thing to fix it but at least it's not all the time now.

Philip - I hadn't been using the CH software but I will give this a try too, thanks.

Noah Bryant

There is a thread somewhere here on Avsim with a workaround. Take a CD jewel case or two. Tip each pedal forward enough to slide one jewel case underneath to keep the pedals raised. Go through the calibration procedures. Then remove the jewel cases and go fly. This sets the null position up off of the physical rest position. I tried this and it worked, but I found I had to occasionally do this process again. Then it became frequently. Finally I pedaled the CH pedals on eBay and sprung for a set of the Saitek Pro Cessna pedals. Problem is ancient history.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Another thing you might try is to increase the null zone on your pedals in FSX. I was having a similar problem with the brakes not disengaging and increasing the null zone did the trick.

Lose not thine airspeed, lest the ground rise up and smite thee.

In the end, I discovered it was a bad USB port. I plugged it into another one and it started working perfectly again.

Noah Bryant