Sign in to follow this  
samtx

Steam Sale: Flight 40% off

OK I can confirm that uninstalling the Live version of Flight is not necessary.

Thanks, that's good to know. I wonder if you buy the Steam-only "Hawaiian Starter Bundle" that is not listed for sale on Live, will it download and work in a plain GFWL install?

sales must be bad, it was just released and it's already on sale.

I don't think Steam's seasonal sales have much to do with how bad or well a game is selling. Skyrim has been at or near the top of their best seller list for 7 or 8 months and it's on sale.

Thanks, that's good to know. I wonder if you buy the Steam-only "Hawaiian Starter Bundle" that is not listed for sale on Live, will it download and work in a plain GFWL install?

I think it just gives you multiple download codes, two for the planes, and one for Hawaii.

Too late to update the first post, but I just saw that there is new "full" bundle on sale now too:

$29.99 Microsoft Flight Collection (reg. $49.99)

Includes 7 items: Hawaiian Adventure, Maule M-7-260C, North American P-51 Mustang, Mitsubishi A6M2 Zero, Alaskan Wilderness, P-40, F4U Corsair

http://store.steampo....com/sub/15467/

I think it just gives you multiple download codes, two for the planes, and one for Hawaii.

Ok, I see. Thanks.

sales must be bad, it was just released and it's already on sale.

I dont think bad sales have anything to do with it (yet)

Delafina announcing she is leaving the Flight team on the same day is an eyebrow-raiser, though. She has become the human "Voice" of the flight team to many, and I cant imagine how the void will be filled. :unsure:

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Delafina announcing she is leaving the Flight team on the same day is an eyebrow-raiser, though

Yikes, indeed. Sad to hear, I know she was one that regularly perused this forum as well.

Thanks for the heads-up! I finally took the plunge, though I haven't really spent any time in Flight yet I sure do want to experience the fantastic new graphical engine it has on offer and this was the best way to do it! I got the Flight Collection pack, seemed like the best buy to me. Also picked up DCS: A-10C but that's another story ;)

Also picked up DCS: A-10C but that's another story ;)

I got it from Steam on their last big sale, great choice!

Also picked up DCS: A-10C but that's another story ;)

Going off topic here, but I read that you shouldn't install the Steam version of DCS: A-10C. Just install DCS: World v1.2 from the DCS website, then use your Steam serial number to add the A-10C addon module. The Steam code is supposed to work with the DCS World addon, but the Steam installed standalone game version will not work with the latest DCS World.

DCS World is a free download and comes with a free Su-25T Frogfoot.

Lots and lots of deals on steam right now! Could cause severe damage to ones wallet. I am looking at the Rail Simulator stuff as well.........

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I just spent a whopping $30 on five titles, including DCS A-10 and Black Shark.

There's nothing like the smell of Steam in the summer. It smells like... value.

I just spent a whopping $30 on five titles, including DCS A-10 and Black Shark.

There's nothing like the smell of Steam in the summer. It smells like... value.

Don't know about those titles. After watching videos of people taking about three years just to start the engines, that looked more like a job getting your teeth extracted than fun to me! :P

See a video on YouTube called: DCS: A-10C Warthog - Too Dumb to Fly. I would not be that bad (I hope) but I am not sure I would be able to persevere. I tip my hat to all with the infinite time and patience to wade through Gideon Bible sized manuals on operating a zillion different radar modes, though. :lol:

Devons rig

Note that Steam's Black Shark is the first one and you have to buy an upgrade to version 2 from DCS (not sold on Steam) if you want to fly it in DCS World, unlike DCS: A-10C.

I don't think Steam's seasonal sales have much to do with how bad or well a game is selling. Skyrim has been at or near the top of their best seller list for 7 or 8 months and it's on sale.

The difference is the other top "AAA" (Skyrim etc.) titles have been out for months raking in the profits, whereas something like Alaska DLC was only just released. Either way I'm glad I held off on buying it, I was waiting to grab it on sale but didn't expect it this soon.

can I d/l steam version on separate computer, buy the bundle using different email get the codes, put codes in main flight computer with different email or do the emails have to match on steam and gfwl?

can I d/l steam version on separate computer, buy the bundle using different email get the codes, put codes in main flight computer with different email or do the emails have to match on steam and gfwl?

I don't know if anyone has tried that yet. I think A380 has the Steam and Live version both on the same PC. I have gotten the free Red Tails authorized on my Live PC, then was able to load it onto my Steam PC, but not the other way around (haven't tried it).

The Steam version of Flight also installs the GFWL client, so on my Steam PC, I have to log in twice: once into Steam, then also into GFWL. They are two separate accounts and the email does not need to match.

There is a chance that your plan might work if the DLC is only checking for GFWL authorization and you use the same GFWL account on both machines. If it also checks for Steam authorization for Steam purchased content, then you would need to have Steam on the same machine.