Sign in to follow this  
torquaytoby

Exeter Airport Add-On

Hi, has anyone had a go at creating Add-on scenery for Exeter Airport? Or Torbay?

Any guidance gratefully received.

Thanks

AFAIK only UK2000 has created Exeter. As for Torbay I am not aware that there is an airport or airfield there or are you just interested in the general area?

David

Being from Devon originally, I keep an eye out for scenery for the SW UK. Unfortunately this part of the world doesn't receive a great deal of attention scenery-wise. I don't think I've ever seen anything for Torbay.

For Exeter airport, the UK2000 FS2002/20004 product is the only payware one I know of. However, the UK2000 website lists Exeter as "coming in 2012" so it looks like there may be an updated version soon. On the freeware side there is little around, a few AFCADs but not a whole airport treatment, at least not recent. I have seen a fictional enhanced Exeter but that was for FSX.

Hi, has anyone had a go at creating Add-on scenery for Exeter Airport? Or Torbay?

Thanks

Thanks

Being from Devon originally, I keep an eye out for scenery for the SW UK. Unfortunately this part of the world doesn't receive a great deal of attention scenery-wise. I don't think I've ever seen anything for Torbay.

For Exeter airport, the UK2000 FS2002/20004 product is the only payware one I know of. However, the UK2000 website lists Exeter as "coming in 2012" so it looks like there may be an updated version soon. On the freeware side there is little around, a few AFCADs but not a whole airport treatment, at least not recent. I have seen a fictional enhanced Exeter but that was for FSX.

Hi!

There is another product available which includes Exeter - British Airports Vol.3 (South and South West England) available as a boxed version directly from Just Flight on their website for £10.20. This is a very a reasonable price considering that it contains scenery for 33 airports/airfields but this is an old product and, although not of an unacceptable standard, is basically of the quality one might have expected with FS2002. It does however provide a very significant improvement on the default airports although I am not sure how the Just Flight Exeter scenery would compare with the UK2000 version. I installed the whole Just Flight British Airports series many years ago and I am happy with them in that they bring a degree of realism to multiple airports which would otherwise just be default, although as soon as UK Xtreme release any UK airport I immediately use that to replace the JF version. I do know that UK Xtreme are planning to produce their version of Exeter at some stage and that WILL be of superb quality.

Bill

Hi, thank you all for the replies. Personally, I think I may head for British airports vol3, the scenery UK2000 looks ok but worth the money..? Not sure. All the best guys.

Personally, I think I may head for British airports vol3, the scenery UK2000 looks ok but worth the money..? Not sure.

Hello

British airports vol3 from Just Flight and UK2000 part two are exactly the same product.

Just flight just boxes up the UK2000 stuff.

Go here for UK2000 part two, £10.00 at the moment.

http://uk2000scenery.com/main/part2.htm

Hey MD thank you for the heads up. I didnt realise that at all. BUT what are they doing charging out one airport at more or less half the price of the whole list?! Talk soon. TT

BUT what are they doing charging out one airport at more or less half the price of the whole list?

Hello

Where are you seeing them charging half the price of the whole list for one airport ?.

http://www.justflight.com/product/british-airports-south-and-south-west-england-volume-3

http://www.uk2000scenery.com/newsite/My_Homepage_Files/Page29.html

I see what you mean - the 'old' Exeter costs £6, whereas for £10 you can get that plus a couple of dozen mostly smaller fields in SW England. Sounds like a simple choice... except if it's Exeter you're really interested in, I'd wait until UK2000 release the promised new version in their Xtreme series later this year. Previous sceneries in this series have been very high-quality with not much effect on framerates. Will cost a bit more but worth it - and they usually release a free 'lite' version anyway.

Hello

British airports vol3 from Just Flight and UK2000 part two are exactly the same product.

Just flight just boxes up the UK2000 stuff.

Go here for UK2000 part two, £10.00 at the moment.

http://uk2000scenery.../main/part2.htm

Maybe I am wrong but I think they are different products?

Maybe I am wrong but I think they are different products?

Hello

I have a couple of these boxed British airports and some also bought through UK2000, trust me they are the same airports

http://www.justfligh...ngland-volume-1

From the just flight product page:

Developed by acclaimed scenery designer Gary Summons, the British Airports series for Flight Simulator 2002/2004 is a quantum leap in airport expansions

From the UK2000 forum:

http://www.uk2000sce...msg3617#msg3617

Edit:

It does look like the british airports vol 3 from just flight is the UK2000 part 2 southwest packaged with uk2000 part 1 channel islands.

For £15 just flight also have a double pack comprising Vol 3 and vol 4 midlands

So for £15 you get UK2000 part 1,2,5, a better value all round.

It looks like, based on cost only the Just flight boxes are the way to go but support may be an issue as Gary summons will not support the British airports series.

My sincere apologies, I stand corrected! I remember, at one stage, having already bought and installed the Just Flight series, looking at screenshots of the UK 2000 airports and thinking they looked better than the Just Flight airports - just shows how you can be fooled!! In any case Gary's UK Xtreme series are much better than any of the older versions of UK airport scenery, so the advice to wait for UK Xtreme Exeter is very good.

Bill

Hello

No need for apologies, the whole british airports series was confusing.

Not least because the areas covered were not broken up along the same boundaries as the UK2000 part series, also they only released british airports northern england vol 1.

The Uk2000 North east and northwest england part 8 never made it into a british airports boxed product, I guess the publishing agreement had ran out by then.

Uk extreme Exeter will be the way to go, even the free version will be better than these old FS2002 airports.