Sign in to follow this  
Fatback

OpusFSX

Would love to try the demo but Client won't run on my laptop. I assume updated .NET version 4 is enough or does it have to be version 2?

Here is the error I'm getting...

pic

jJRmow23uuHNB.jpg

Seems you got TrackIR implementation pretty quick -- how about Oculus Rift (the VR headset) when it comes out in Dec? :)

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering

Seems you got TrackIR implementation pretty quick -- how about Oculus Rift (the VR headset) when it comes out in Dec? :)

Oculus Rift report they are hard at work building the full developer SDK, however the stereoscopic vision is probably something that the game developer would have to provide support for and interface to, which in present times would be down to Lockheed Martin. When more information is available then we will certainly check out the SDK to see if there is anyway of using it.

Regards

Stephen

Would love to try the demo but Client won't run on my laptop. I assume updated .NET version 4 is enough or does it have to be version 2?

You didn't tell me what operating system you have installed on the laptop. An up to date copy of Win 7 32 or 64 bit with the latest .NET would be perfect, or possibly XP with the latest service pack (SP3 I think) and the very latest .NET version 4. Of course you will need to install FSX or Prepar3D along with the SimConnect DLL. Do you have the simulator software and SimConnect installed?

Regards

Stephen

You do need .NET version 2 and SimConnect to be installed for OpusFSX and it's SimConnect links to work.

You can check what versions of .NET you have installed by checking your c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework or Framework64 folders. You should see a v2.0.xxxxx folder in addition to the v4.0.xxxxx folder.

In the case of SimConnect, first make sure you have installed FSX or P3D along with it's SP2 or installed the FSX Acceleration version, SimConnect is usually installed automatically with it. If you have mislaid or corrupted your SimConnect then you can try re-installing it using the SimConnect.msi file within your c:\OpusFSX folder.

Regards

Stephen

Oculus Rift report they are hard at work building the full developer SDK, however the stereoscopic vision is probably something that the game developer would have to provide support for and interface to, which in present times would be down to Lockheed Martin. When more information is available then we will certainly check out the SDK to see if there is anyway of using it.

Regards

Stephen

Would stereoscopic display be possible with tools such as Windowmaker? http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/cockpit-outside-visualization/23199-windowmaker-tool-updated.html

BTW, is there a trial available for your software?

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering

Just thought I should point out that for a demo you can download and install the current 2.10.x beta version. This will run in demo mode the same as the official Demo download release version. However, with the latest beta you will be able to check out the latest improvements and additions to the Dynamic and Automatic Head Movements (DHM and AHM effects). The current 2.10 beta includes our prototype DHM airborne effects (vibrations, low frequency, and high frequency turbulence effects).

Regards

Stephen

Would stereoscopic display be possible with tools such as Windowmaker? http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/cockpit-outside-visualization/23199-windowmaker-tool-updated.html

BTW, is there a trial available for your software?

I will check it out, sounds very interesting. You can download the Demo or Beta versions and run either in a demo mode for 10 minutes. However, the demo mode only allows you to check out the Live View links if you want to use the networked views feature, and take a brief look at the Live Camera interface. The Live Weather Engine is not available in demo mode although we are looking into possibly including it with some limitations. You can also get some idea of what we are currently working on or planning by checking out our Flight1 forum pages. This product is constantly upgraded, tweaked, improved, extended, etc. and all new, upgraded, or improved features are posted on our website as soon as they are available. Any questions, queries, requests then just contact me via the forum or email.

Regards

Stephen

This product needs a video demo showing what it can do for the average FSX user. I'm reading the site but don't see or fully understand if it benefit me.

We have now released version 2.10.4 and will resume the beta versions when we continue with the ongoing improvements and enhancements to the Live Weather Engine and DHM effects. As requested VeryBumpy we are now going to take some time to produce some short videos showing off the AHM during taxiing and in banked turns, and the DHM (camera shake) effects when on the ground, taking off, in flight during powered climbs, low and high frequency turbulence effects, approach and landing effects. All DHM based on ultra-realistic captured 3D accelerometer data. We will also see about starting a Gallery page to show some of the detailed Live Weather Engine weather. We are also continuing to see if we can allow the Live Weather Engine to be used witHin the demo.

I will report back on our progress, in the meantime please check out our website and Flight1 forum pages, these describe some of the interesting upgrades planned for release very soon. We will also prepare some further videos to illustrate these upgrades, especially the Live Camera Control with some creative panning shots and video creation facilities.

Regards

Stephen

Does your current trial version include full support for TrackIR?

I use EZCA right now but based on how I like your trial, I might switch over to Opus.

I am very pleased you liked the trial, please take a look at our Flight1 forum for details regarding other planned upgrades including the Live Camera Control. This product is continually being enhanced and upgraded with new features.

We have requested the SDK from TrackIR and heard back from them saying the matter is in hand. I am going to contact them Monday to remind them. The software at our end is all ready and waiting, even the configuration option to enable the TrackIR interface, so as soon as we receive the SDK we will implement the TrackIR option. Of course, as soon as we have upgraded the software we will post the upgrade on our website, if necessary as a beta version.

Regards

Stephen

No, I didn't install your trial yet.

What I meant to say is *IF* I like the trial I will switch over.

Looks like TrackIR support isn't in yet, so I'll wait.

Calling all OpusFSX users ...

Please download and try our latest OpusFSX Version 2.10.4 offering, I guarantee you won't be disappointed and the localised Dynamic Weather is really starting to show its worth, especially combined with the new intelligent turbulence effects. You won't want to ever go back to the phoney global weather or METAR updates again.

Yesterday whilst flying the PMDG 737NGX I could clearly make out a line of thunderstorm and towering cumulus about 40 to 50 miles ahead. Real live weather, I know because in reality my house was underneath them. As we approached and flew through them the turbulence built up but then resided as we flew into a clearer zone. In exact agreement with the METARS. Surrounded by distant thunder storms we landed in light rain at East Midlands before the weather once again closed in. All ATIS reports matching the real world conditions exactly as expected. Now that's quite something even if I say so myself ! An impossible effect if you are using phoney global weather or relying on METAR updates within FSX/P3D. :biggrin:

I know if you're not a licensed user you won't be able to enjoy the Live Weather Engine, but we are trying to figure out how to include it within the 10 minute demo.

We have some fantastic enhancements coming up for the intelligent turbulence, improved ground friction effects, differentiating between different terrain types, cloud types, hilly and mountainous conditions, We are even looking into the conditions for blue-sky turbulence. All based on 'real' accelerometer data. :smile:

Keep those ideas coming.

Many Thanks and Regards

Stephen

Calling all OpusFSX users ...

Please download and try our latest OpusFSX Version 2.10.4 offering, I guarantee you won't be disappointed and the localised weather within the Dynamic Weather Theme is really starting to show its worth, especially combined with the new intelligent turbulence effects. You won't want to ever go back to the phoney global weather or METAR updates again.

Yesterday whilst flying the PMDG 737NGX I could clearly make out a line of thunderstorm and towering cumulus about 40 to 50 miles ahead. Real live weather, I know because in reality my house was underneath them. As we approached and flew through them the turbulence built up but then resided as we flew into a clearer zone. In exact agreement with the METARS. Surrounded by distant thunder storms we landed in light rain at East Midlands before the weather once again closed in. All ATIS reports matching the real world conditions exactly as expected. Now that's quite something even if I say so myself ! An impossible effect if you are using phoney global weather or relying on METAR updates within FSX/P3D. :biggrin:

I know if you're not a licensed user you won't be able to enjoy the Live Weather Engine, but we are trying to figure out how to include it within the 10 minute demo.

We have some fantastic enhancements coming up for the intelligent turbulence, improved ground friction effects, differentiating between different terrain types, cloud types, hilly and mountainous conditions, We are even looking into the conditions for blue-sky turbulence. All based on 'real' accelerometer data. :smile:

Keep those ideas coming.

Many Thanks and Regards

Stephen

I'll be stepping back into simming after a 6 month absence, and this really does sound very exciting. Can't wait to try this out.

I think you will be pleasantly surprised with the recent changes and hopefully excited at the prospect of our ongoing development plans and constant stream of enhancements, improvements, and upgrades. We encourage our users to play a very active role in all our development cycles (which are continuous and will be ongoing for at least the next four years!), hence the numerous beta releases.

I will be very pleased to assist and inform you of all the new and exciting FSX/P3D products, and I don't just mean ours. For example, we recommend the use of our Live Weather Engine with the excellent high-def sky and cloud texutures of REX, ActiveSky, or FEX.

Welcome back.

Regards

Stephen