Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

The development turnaround time at MS is proving to be horrendous...

How long is it going to take for them to create a basic VC for the Carbon Cub (I could see of they were doing a 777)? The development turnaround time at Microsoft is terrible. If it takes this long to develop a basic VC they need to wake up and let third party come in for more robust bush planes and environment enhancements. The experiment of going it alone has failed so far and at this rate we'd be lucky to have two more Deluxe aircraft by Christmas of this year. Please Microsoft get off the high horse and accept reality. Let this community help you because your way behind the ball of other efforts in expanding your platform at a timely rate. It shouldn't take this long to do a basic VC let alone the time it took to get Alaska released...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Hopefully the sparse release of DLC is due to them focusing on developing a rich SDK and robust in-game add-on market to streamline the content delivery from third parties! Yeah right! :P

Rubbish. It's not as quick as most of us would like but failed? Hysterical nonsense. So far they're sticking to the schedule that they said they would and there's no reason yet to think they won't going forward.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Rubbish. It's not as quick as most of us would like but failed? Hysterical nonsense. So far they're sticking to the schedule that they said they would and there's no reason yet to think they won't going forward.

I agree (with 'rubbish' and 'hysterical' :wink:). They are simply releasing DLC on schedule. This nas nothing to do with the time it takes to finish the Cub VC.

I'm fine with this pace... After all it also helps teaching basic things like:

- Enjoy what you have! Have you already finished all of your jobs, both in Hawaii and Alaska? Did you master all of the aircraft in your hangar? Did you try emergencies, like failing your engine and find a piece of more or less straight terrain to land, maybe between huge trees?

- Don't stress waiting for what comes next - also, don't stress waiting to spend yet another amount in some add-on. Learn the way things are going to be with MS FLIGHT. There is now a single team behind it - is this good/bad? I like it just the way it is, and look forward for that team to become robust and gain the necessary importance withing MS so that our game can last and bring us additional moments of great joy...

I have not been the greatest example, I know - sometimes I get mad and uninstall MS FLIGHT, not because I am tired of waiting for the next DLC but because I fear the future may not be as bright as I want it to be, but then I come back and soon find how 'hysterical' I was about it :-)

Recently found the joy of GMap - try it!!!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Enjoy what you have! Have you already finished all of your jobs, both in Hawaii and Alaska? Did you master all of the aircraft in your hangar? Did you try emergencies, like failing your engine and find a piece of more or less straight terrain to land, maybe between huge trees?

Precisely..

Also, how do we know how long it takes them to do anything? Are you speaking from first-hand experience when you talk of "terrible" turn-around/development times?

How long is a piece of string? Twice as long as half its length, afaik..

I am still exploring a tiny part (S and SE) of AK..I'm happy for now..Some nights I just stare at FSX, trying to figure out which of my planes I'll fly to/through which of my sceneries..Too much choice casn sometimes be detrimental to efficient decision making imo..

As long as it all gets done, I'm happy..Keep it cheap, and as good or better than it has been and it's all good..Of course we'd all love to see a plane a month, but seriously? When in the same breath some ppl are slagging AK for "not being finished" (myself being one of the gentler "slaggers")..Take time and Get It Right

JAKE EYRE
It's a small step from the sublime to the ridiculous...Napoleon Bonaparte
newSigBetaTeam.gif
lancairuk.jpg

Funny thing is... if MS would have flooded the market with DLC a lot of people would have complained about how much it would cost to get all DLC. Just as it happened with Train Sim. Even now people are moaning and making remarks about how much it would cost if you would buy all DLC... Instead of being happy with what's on offer AND instead of being aware you do not HAVE to buy ALL DLC they moan. You can never win...

Funny thing is... if MS would have flooded the market with DLC a lot of people would have complained about how much it would cost to get all DLC. Just as it happened with Train Sim. Even now people are moaning and making remarks about how much it would cost if you would buy all DLC... Instead of being happy with what's on offer AND instead of being aware you do not HAVE to buy ALL DLC they moan. You can never win...

It seems like no matter what MS does with Flight, people will complain.

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

It seems like no matter what MS does with Flight, people will complain.

You can never win...

Welcome to video games! These forums are amongst the most civil of video game fora, but I've yet to come across one without entitled gamers who complain about everything.

Welcome to video games! These forums are amongst the most civil of video game fora, but I've yet to come across one without entitled gamers who complain about everything.

Guess your right. The next crisis will be when the Cub cockpit is finally put up for sale, and it will be a dollar or two too much for some people and they will refuse to buy it...... :blink:

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

How long is it going to take for them to create a basic VC for the Carbon Cub ?

It shouldn't take this long to do a basic VC let alone the time it took to get Alaska released...

Several months. How long did it take you to build the ones you have made?

The last I looked they were on schedule for a new plane per month.

So people scream if then don't announce anything, then people scream if they announce something too early. They scream if you give them something for free, then they scream if you charge them for it. Sometimes it's even the same people screaming.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Wow, didn't know this would turn into a slamming session... I've been one of the biggest supporters of this sim since I had a chance to try it and saw the potential with it. If you guys are fine with the pace then so be it. I feel it took too long to release one package (Alaska which is based off FSX default scenery with a few exceptions unlike Hawaii), we were flooded with cockpitless aircraft since release, and now the Carbon Cub's VC (which should have been released with Alaska in the first place).

You guys can gloat and love everything Microsoft's does but outside of Flight itself, the initial deluxe aircraft, and Alaska's scenery pack nothing of relevance has been released for Flight that would explain the slowness it's taking to get quality DLC content out.

I guess this thread is headed down hill which was not my intention when I posted the initial thread...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Wow, didn't know this would turn into a slamming session... I've been one of the biggest supporters of this sim since I had a chance to try it and saw the potential with it. If you guys are fine with the pace then so be it. I feel it took too long to release one package (Alaska which is based off FSX default scenery with a few exceptions unlike Hawaii), we were flooded with cockpitless aircraft since release, and now the Carbon Cub's VC (which should have been released with Alaska in the first place).

You guys can gloat and love everything Microsoft's does but outside of Flight itself, the initial deluxe aircraft, and Alaska's scenery pack nothing of relevance has been released for Flight that would explain the slowness it's taking to get quality DLC content out.

I guess this thread is headed down hill which was not my intention when I posted the initial thread...

Calling something "horrendous" wouldn't start a slamming session? You are joking are you not?

Wow, didn't know this would turn into a slamming session

I'm truly amazed that the thread wasn't locked immediately. The OP was a straight slam at Microsoft.

I've been one of the biggest supporters

That's not quite how I remember it, unless you mean the OP was one of support.

I guess this thread is headed down hill which was not my intention when I posted the initial thread.

You bashed Flight and didn't expect a response?

Microsoft said one plane per month, and a new area 3 to 4 times a year. You may remember this yourself. Are they, or are they not on schedule? And before you mention basic aircraft, they didn't promise a deluxe aircraft every month. The Cub is probably done, just waiting for the release date.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;