Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

Those details that really make MS FLIGHT unique....

MS should really have just purchased a version of the Flight Replicas Super Cub Ultra and sold that for Flight instead. It would have been much easier and it also has a great VC already!

It would have been much easier and it also has a great VC already!

I think the decision to release the basic Carbon Cub free with Alaska was an intentional marketing move on Microsoft's part. People will already have the basic plane, and those who haven't flown one might give it a try. Then they release the deluxe version and see how well it sells to people who already have the basic one. The free Red Tail Mustang would have been a good test, but not everyone would download it. This way, they're sure that everyone who purchased Alaska has a basic plane.

For those who think basic planes are worthless, check out the screen shots on the forum. A lot of people are flying the Cub.

Probably the only thing they could use from the FSX version is the model and textures. Everything else would be specific to Flight. Unless, of course, people have found evidence of standard gauge XML somewhere in the files.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

What irritates me about the Cub is MS is now not even delivering on their original promise of "one plane per month" anymore...

We got half a Cub in June, and now we are getting the other half of the Cub for July's DLC. Hey, with this strategy they can just build six planes and have a whole year covered.

What irritates me about the Cub is MS is now not even delivering on their original promise of "one plane per month" anymore...

We got half a Cub in June, and now we are getting the other half of the Cub for July's DLC. Hey, with this strategy they can just build six planes and have a whole year covered.

Does this mean you're going to complain if the next three planes are cockpit versions of the warbirds? :D

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Does this mean you're going to complain if the next three planes are cockpit versions of the warbirds? :D

Hook

I certainly will. I'd hate it if that happened.

I certainly will. I'd hate it if that happened.

I would say it would irritate me to, but after having spent so many time trying to make myself decide if I should/should not buy DCS p-51, just to be able to have a so called realistic FD and systems simulation, and considering that at least in the USA some pilots own this type of aircraft and fly them in exhibitions and so on... I think that I might give it a try.

I do not like to think that MS is testing us, but consider how many of this forum members have written in the past that they would love to have a cockpit for the cockpitless warbirds? Now, if MS releases cockpits for deluxe versions of those models and these are not accepted as a nice move, in the future the thesis that people want deluxe aircraft will fall apart....

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I would say it would irritate me to, but after having spent so many time trying to make myself decide if I should/should not buy DCS p-51, just to be able to have a so called realistic FD and systems simulation, and considering that at least in the USA some pilots own this type of aircraft and fly them in exhibitions and so on... I think that I might give it a try.

I do not like to think that MS is testing us, but consider how many of this forum members have written in the past that they would love to have a cockpit for the cockpitless warbirds? Now, if MS releases cockpits for deluxe versions of those models and these are not accepted as a nice move, in the future the thesis that people want deluxe aircraft will fall apart....

I am hoping MS is spending there time on some planes with VC that would fit in Alaska. Flight is no game for warbirds imho. Creating VC's for those warbirds would probably mean a few months with no REAL new planes... and THAT I would hate. If they decide to add VC's on the side, that would be perfectly fine with me, but I doubt if they can do things on the side...

After yesterday's/today aerocache, flying across the mountains was so entertaining and felt so realistic that I really would love to have a glider in MS FLIGHT, a deluxe version of course....

They say they're working on the weather. That's great to know, and I surely hope they can clean the mess that the thermal and slope winds were in fsx and start a new thermal / slope wind model... :-)

Helicopters will probably populate the hangar in the future. I strongly hope they're not simply ported from the previous rotary wing models in FSX. They were rather poor and I would like to have a feasible helicopter model in MS FLIGHT, even if not ultra-detailed on each and every aspect of rotary wing operations...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Oh, I can always find something to complain about. However, if I'm down to complaining about silly stuff, then things must be pretty good overall. :lol:

But anyway... yes, I would be pretty disappointed if we got four months in a row of cockpit upgrades for the warbirds. One month with all four might be tolerable, as I really would like one for the Corsair so I can actually use it.

But here we are, six months into Flight, and there's still not one single plane that's better than the planes we started with in any way, unless you count short takeoffs and landings with the Cub. It's far past time to put in something bigger and faster, that actually has a purpose (Missions, Jobs, etc.).

details indeed...load a cub with 4 pax???

Yeah, I wish MS had tailored the "job market" a little better such that choosing a pax/cargo mission would allow you to use the Cub IF it had the capability for a particular load.

I really like flying the Icon too, and wish there were some jobs that required it. Flying Freddie Fisherman to Kumquat Cove or Lake Doodah would be a good start.