Sign in to follow this  
6FingerSays

About to settle and buy, but need an FSX expert

I don't recall saying RAM speed makes a huge difference, sorry if it came off that way.

I wasn't talking about you when I said that, sorry if it looked like I singled you out. It's just that I've seen a couple of posts suggesting that all of a sudden IB makes RAM so much more important.

I just mean that it provides a measurable difference and adds minimal expense and makes sense.

Agreed, and you don't need extra cooling or to crank up your Vcore to get the same performance boost you would get by upping your core frequency by 200 - 400MHz.

With 2400MHz kits going for $100 it's a no brainer unless money is really tight.

I wasn't talking about you when I said that, sorry if it looked like I singled you out. It's just that I've seen a couple of posts suggesting that all of a sudden IB makes RAM so much more important.

Agreed, and you don't need extra cooling or to crank up your Vcore to get the same performance boost you would get by upping your core frequency by 200 - 400MHz.

With 2400MHz kits going for $100 it's a no brainer unless money is really tight.

Newegg had the G.Skill Trident X 2400 2x4GB with an instant $20 rebate until today for $69!

Guess who ordered a set? :-D

- Grammar *censored*, this was sent from my phone.

Regards,

Efrain Ruiz
LiveDISPATCH @ http://www.livedispatch.org (CLOSED) ☹️

Newegg had the G.Skill Trident X 2400 2x4GB with an instant $20 rebate until today for $69!

woah, what a steal!

Crazy. If I had known my 3770K's IMC could only handle 2600-2680MHz RAM I would've saved the $200 and gotten 2400 instead. Oh well, hopefully Haswell will make use of it.

woah, what a steal!

I know! Now that I think about it, I should have bought two sets. smh

Crazy. If I had known my 3770K's IMC could only handle 2600-2680MHz RAM I would've saved the $200 and gotten 2400 instead. Oh well, hopefully Haswell will make use of it.

Damn, that sucks bro, but yea, hopefully Haswell will make use of it.

Regards,

Efrain Ruiz
LiveDISPATCH @ http://www.livedispatch.org (CLOSED) ☹️

Because the videos he make are edited, and NOT a true representation of how he see performance on his own screen, very, very far from it!

Go with Intel and Nvidia as the pro´s here advise you.

I thought so! Those frames are un-natural. Seems like he speeds up the video then like slows it down or something

Hey, @dazz...

Question since you seam like a pretty good computer person

If I got this rig. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dPJP and overclock to 4.2 ghz,

And I load up FSX with the NGX, FSdreamteam JFK, REX, UTX, GEX and at night, what are my expected frames?

If I could get 20 I would be happy.

I thought so! Those frames are un-natural. Seems like he speeds up the video then like slows it down or something

Hey, @dazz...

Question since you seam like a pretty good computer person

If I got this rig. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dPJP and overclock to 4.2 ghz,

And I load up FSX with the NGX, FSdreamteam JFK, REX, UTX, GEX and at night, what are my expected frames?

If I could get 20 I would be happy.

20FPS should be doable. You may need to do some tweaking though (bufferpools, etc...), and avoid abusing the usual frame killers, like ground traffic, water, light bloom...

Also make sure you don't use more AA than 8xS in Inspector.

If you need help with tweaking, check out Kostas guide, experiment a little or simply as here for help

So I know it's been a LONG time, but I came back with some updates :)

So I saved up a little more so I had about 1,000 bucks, and got my rig. Most of it is in the "My PC specifications" under my profile pic if you want to see :)

BTW, I got a corsair 600W power supply. (they dont include that in there

Cool, how is it working?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

All the parts are shipping at the moment Nail%20Biting.gif

Then I need to assemble

And figure out how to overclock it to 4.4 Ghz or something close to that. Which I have no idea how to do it!!!! :(

Update...

So, I am giving up. I am really giving up. Im done.

After going through 4 days of hell of getting all my parts from newegg, I paid $200 to get everything put together by a "computer expert". After long and long waiting, I finally got my computer ready to turn on.

So, I plug it in, and boot it up.

About 2 seconds after, there is a long pause. Followed by a spark, followed by a nice little flame on my motherboard. Shocked, I blow it out, and the computer shuts off.

Only a tinnnyy little piece got burned, however now when I boot up, it boots up normally for 5 seconds, then shuts off. 3 seconds later it automatically boots up again, and repeats this cycle on and on.

I'm going to throw this thing in my dumpster and cry myself to sleep.

Night.

I'd be getting my money back from the "expert" and RMA whatever got fried, I'm guessing the MB? Or the PSU. Newegg will take it back no questions asked then just put it together yourself. Can literally unbox parts and be loading your OS in 45 minutes. It's very simple and tons of folks here happy to help.

I'd be getting my money back from the "expert" and RMA whatever got fried, I'm guessing the MB? Or the PSU. Newegg will take it back no questions asked then just put it together yourself. Can literally unbox parts and be loading your OS in 45 minutes. It's very simple and tons of folks here happy to help.

Actually I did put it together myself. I just had an expert look it over and make sure everything was correct.

I really don't know what was fried. It looks like just a very very very tiny piece looks like it got burned. Under the "sfc choke equipped" section and right below the big "SFC" button thinggy.

I really wish this didn't have anything to do with the bootup problem. And maybe the bootup problem is related to something else.

But still I don't know what this little burned piece served as and if it could lead to other problems down the line.

Just RMA your board. NewEgg makes it very easy. It's common to get a bum piece in a build this last round my first PSU was DOA and the HDD for my wife's build was as well just happens unfortunately.

Just RMA your board. NewEgg makes it very easy. It's common to get a bum piece in a build this last round my first PSU was DOA and the HDD for my wife's build was as well just happens unfortunately.

but how do we know this is the reason for not booting? It could be a loose wire or something