Sign in to follow this  
Dirk98

UTX Land Class

Hello,

Is there a way to install Land Class only from UTX (Europe)? I don't want their roads, coast lines, no night lighting etc., just the land class for Europe. I know there's control panel but, just in case, Robert Young mentioned this in one of his posts: "The reason why you might not see the lights is because disabling UTX roads and traffic in the set up app still doesn't re-instate the default roads or traffic in FSX, because UTX has a running exclude bgl which still blocks default roads. This is of course quite a flaw in UTX and rather inconvenient".

I have SceneryTech land class and I like it, but unfortunately it introduces stray generic buildings on the airfield in Amsterdam X, where I fly often to. The same problem with Cloud9 land class. The illustration to it is here in this thread:

http://www.fsdevelop...ad.php?t=299114

Thanks,

Dirk.

Hmm, I own my copy of GEX Europe and have it installed. But GEX is for textures, not LC.

Thanks,

Dirk.

Don't have UTX EU, but think you will find that that landclass files and terrain vector files are in different scenery areas, so you can just switch those as "inactive" in scenery.cfg and only the landclass defs should be used.

scott s.

Don't have UTX EU, but think you will find that that landclass files and terrain vector files are in different scenery areas, so you can just switch those as "inactive" in scenery.cfg and only the landclass defs should be used.

scott s.

Scott, I'm afraid UTX EU installation will affect some other things too, like, for example, what Rob Young wrote (the quote above). If somebody told me how to completely avoid any UTX changes in FSX scenery I would buy it and find a way to use only their land class.

Thanks,

Dirk.

Dirk, you can install UTX and then go into the UTX UI and just turn off the features you dont want and leave thr landclass turned on . Its NOT recommended to turn off the features in the scenery library as some one else suggested as this can cause problems and is documented by the UTX developers.

Or just buy a landclass product and skip UTX all together.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Dirk, you can install UTX and then go into the UTX UI and just turn off the features you dont want and leave thr landclass turned on . Its NOT recommended to turn off the features in the scenery library as some one else suggested as this can cause problems and is documented by the UTX developers.

Or just buy a landclass product and skip UTX all together.

jimburke, did I make myself clear to you? I'm sorry if not.

here:

" Robert Young mentioned this in one of his posts: "The reason why you might not see the lights is because disabling UTX roads and traffic in the set up app still doesn't re-instate the default roads or traffic in FSX, because UTX has a running exclude bgl which still blocks default roads. This is of course quite a flaw in UTX and rather inconvenient".

and here:

"I have SceneryTech land class and I like it, but unfortunately it introduces stray generic buildings on the airfield in Amsterdam X, where I fly often to. The same problem with Cloud9 land class. The illustration to it is here in this thread:

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/showthread.php?t=299114 "

Thanks,

Dirk.