Sign in to follow this  
alpha117

If you think you have found something that's not working.........

Well, specificly for example a "400" callout in the 737 after takeoff. Or The start of a flow after switching on the landing lights during taxi or after retracting the speedbrake after landing.

Generally the option to modify triggers would be welcome 🙂

On 5/18/2020 at 5:31 PM, CaptainPrecious said:

Well, specificly for example a "400" callout in the 737 after takeoff. Or The start of a flow after switching on the landing lights during taxi or after retracting the speedbrake after landing.

We'll add an option to make 400 feet call-outs as they don't apply to all aircraft.

As for events, unlike Prepar3D or FSX, X-Plane doesn't have any of those firing when you press a button or move a lever.

On 5/18/2020 at 5:31 PM, CaptainPrecious said:

400 callout implemented.

Download patch and manually replace files.

You need to add the following option to "xpmce.ini"

[OPTIONS]

Callout400Climbing=1

Other change. It's possible to transmit to RC4 or PF3 ATC when ScrollLock has disabled all speech reco. Mute reco will remain even after you release PTT.

Thanks for the patch! 

It's strange though, sometimes FO calls out "400 climbing" when descending...

Also what I noticed: It's nice to have a "Transition level" callout, but when climbing on a high barometer you get the callout twice - once when you reach the altitude and then once again after you set the standard pressure.

I think what would solve this would be a timer of like 10 seconds that would prohibit the callout after it was made 🙂

I have installed MCE to work with MSFS. During install the process asks to select push to talk button on joystick. I try to comply but when I press button I want to use, nothing happens. I have used MCE on pp3d and FSX, so I expected to see the selection in the window and be able to move on from there.

I was able to complete the installation and for the most part it works as far as communicating with the co pilot goes, but I cant interact with ATC using PTT as no button can be selected.  It have to interact with ATC using the DEl key on my keyboard. Not ideal.

I don't want to waste my demo time 'trying' to get this working, any advice is appreciated.

PS. I have registration of the software for PP3d. Do I have to purchase for MSFS?, and if so is there a discount?

I am trying to set the PTT button on a Honey Comb yoke.

Robin

1 hour ago, Romeo_Tango said:

I have installed MCE to work with MSFS. During install the process asks to select push to talk button on joystick. I try to comply but when I press button I want to use, nothing happens. I have used MCE on pp3d and FSX, so I expected to see the selection in the window and be able to move on from there.

I was able to complete the installation and for the most part it works as far as communicating with the co pilot goes, but I cant interact with ATC using PTT as no button can be selected.  It have to interact with ATC using the DEl key on my keyboard. Not ideal.

I don't want to waste my demo time 'trying' to get this working, any advice is appreciated.

PS. I have registration of the software for PP3d. Do I have to purchase for MSFS?, and if so is there a discount?

I am trying to set the PTT button on a Honey Comb yoke.

No need to worry about your Demo time.

As a registered user for MCE with Prepar3D/FSX, we provide this as a free upgrade to you.

We can't bring ourselves to craft a new product out of a couple of months work. MCE is a lot, and I really mean a lot lot more work than that (13+ years in the making) 🙂

Regarding joystick...

MCE detects joysticks using DirectX.

It filters out buttons that are "always on" so that only spring-loaded ones are detected.

If you have multiple joysticks, I suggest you disconnect them all and only leave that one connected.

Re-run the wizard and see if button press is detected.

Does your joystick need and automatically load some custom software to drive it?

As a last resort, do you have FSUIPC?

3 hours ago, FS++ said:

MCE detects joysticks using DirectX.

It filters out buttons that are "always on" so that only spring-loaded ones are detected.

If you have multiple joysticks, I suggest you disconnect them all and only leave that one connected.

Re-run the wizard and see if button press is detected.

Does your joystick need and automatically load some custom software to drive it?

As a last resort, do you have FSUIPC?

Gerald,

I have sorted out the PPT problem by using FSUIPC7 to connect the DEL key to the button I wish to use on my Honey Comb yoke.

My only problem now is re registration which I have been communicating with you about through email. I am the one that submitted a registration text file from a previous machine.

PS. Thanks for allowing the use of this software with MSFS without additional cost to those of us who already have a licensed copy from a previous Sim. I truly appreciate your generosity.

Robin

(MSFS2020 1.9.5, MCE latest x.x.80, Asobo TBM930 unmodded)

When asking FO to set the altimeter he/she just sets it to the lowest possible value - I think it's 2900. 

New update MSFS2020

Just tried to carry on with my flows in vox & i cannot test a ply back test button will not highlight

Barry 

8 hours ago, Burge said:

New update MSFS2020

Just tried to carry on with my flows in vox & i cannot test a ply back test button will not highlight

Barry 

Nothing to do with recent sim update. The button is deliberately disabled until the last speaking voice has finished.

14 minutes ago, FS++ said:

Nothing to do with recent sim update. The button is deliberately disabled until the last speaking voice has finished.

ok got it thank u

On approach in the a320 using MSFS 2020, the FO keeps telling me i'm too slow. It seems to be kicking in below 220 knots.

Edited by bloodystump

7 minutes ago, bloodystump said:

On approach in the a320 using MSFS 2020, the FO keeps telling me i'm too slow. It seems to be kicking in below 220 knots.

I think he's pointing out that speed selection you commanded might be too low while in clean configuration. This is for safety

If you wish to go under 220, request flaps 1 first, then can ask "set speed 190" or 180

Also, make sure you're on the latest MCE version V2.8.8.2

Even with flaps full they keep complaining.

EDIT: Just going to make sure i'm on the correct version of MCE.

EDIT 2: Apologies, i was on 2.8.8.0

Edited by bloodystump