Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
alpha117

If you think you have found something that's not working.........

Recommended Posts

On 1/9/2020 at 11:00 PM, CaptainPrecious said:

I see.

No problem, it's only minor things anyway. 

You're doing great work! Without thinking MCE is the one payware addon I never regretted!

Thank you for the accolade.

Download this zip file

Unzip and manually replace...

xpmce.exe in C:\Program Files (x86)\zMulti Crew X-Plane\ folder

xpInsider64.xpl in \X-Plane 11\Resources\Plugins\ folder

xmcZibo737.dll in \X-Plane 11\MCE dlls\64 Bit\ folder

Should get track dialing going on both sets and Fo report when thrust reversers are active.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, FS++ said:

Thank you for the accolade.

Download this zip file

Unzip and manually replace...

xpmce.exe in C:\Program Files (x86)\zMulti Crew X-Plane\ folder

xpInsider64.xpl in \X-Plane 11\Resources\Plugins\ folder

xmcZibo737.dll in \X-Plane 11\MCE dlls\64 Bit\ folder

Should get track dialing going on both sets and Fo report when thrust reversers are active.

 

Sorry, but no file there...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks! Track works fine, Spoilers call is cool too!

Reverse thrust is called out too now, but it doesn't really help me for my purpose. 

He doesn't call the reverses deployed, but the reverse thrust set. 

So I have to add thrust to get the callout, which goes against the whole purpose^^

But: I'm happy with how it is now, I can live with it! It's way more realistic!

One more thing I noticed on one of those test landings: FO made the "minimums" call at 50 ft, radio alt was set to 300 ft (Zibo Mod made the correct callout too). Sometimes the FO makes "one thousand" or "five hundred" callouts a little early or a little late... my question: Can I disengage the altitude callouts (most aircraft have GPWS to do that anyway), but still have the other callouts (V1, Rotate, Spoilers, Reverse...)? Ist that somehow feasible?

 

Best regards and thanks again for the fix!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, CaptainPrecious said:

Thanks! Track works fine, Spoilers call is cool too!

Reverse thrust is called out too now, but it doesn't really help me for my purpose. 

He doesn't call the reverses deployed, but the reverse thrust set. 

So I have to add thrust to get the callout, which goes against the whole purpose^^

But: I'm happy with how it is now, I can live with it! It's way more realistic!

One more thing I noticed on one of those test landings: FO made the "minimums" call at 50 ft, radio alt was set to 300 ft (Zibo Mod made the correct callout too). Sometimes the FO makes "one thousand" or "five hundred" callouts a little early or a little late... my question: Can I disengage the altitude callouts (most aircraft have GPWS to do that anyway), but still have the other callouts (V1, Rotate, Spoilers, Reverse...)? Ist that somehow feasible?

 

Best regards and thanks again for the fix!

You're welcome.

Can't selectively disable specific call-outs. Don't forget, so far 23 complex aircraft are supported, and there are already a gazillion of "if" this is jet type of aircraft announce spoiler and reverse and maybe autobrake, if it's turboprop don't do that, etc.. It would become very messy. You would set the options in "xpmce.ini", then switch plane and wonder why you aren't getting the correct call-outs. Might be easier to disable them in aircraft.

Will have a look at minimum call-out to make sure it's happening at the right altitude.

Will change the reverse call-out to "reverse green"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just tried out several flights with "FMA callouts deactivated" to find out wich callouts precisely are left out, but I found out that all the callouts still were there.

80 knots

V1

Rotate

V2

Positive Climb

_________________________

one thousand

five hundred

Minimums (still at around 50 ft, which wasn't set on aircraft)

Ground Spoilers

Reverse thrust (still only after adding thrust)

 

 

What exactly is meant by "FMA callouts" ?

edit: I found "Mode announcements" now... what's the difference between those?^^

Edited by CaptainPrecious

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CaptainPrecious said:

I just tried out several flights with "FMA callouts deactivated" to find out wich callouts precisely are left out, but I found out that all the callouts still were there.

80 knots

V1

Rotate

V2

Positive Climb

_________________________

one thousand

five hundred

Minimums (still at around 50 ft, which wasn't set on aircraft)

Ground Spoilers

Reverse thrust (still only after adding thrust)

 

 

What exactly is meant by "FMA callouts" ?

edit: I found "Mode announcements" now... what's the difference between those?^^

Re-download patch (same link) and replace "xpmce.exe" only this time. File version V1.5.0.2

Should hear "reverse green" instead of "reverse thrust" with all supported airbuses and 737 NG

No more minimums call-outs for aircraft that are assumed to have one.

80 knots is for Boeing types, whereas Airbuses use 100 knot

Flight Mode Annunciator

Applies only to Airbuses where knowing current modes displayed in PFD (things like "srs" "alt star", "alt green" is of utmost importance, as you don't have that yoke between your legs giving you clues as to when aircraft is turning slightly to the left or right or pitching down without looking straight at PFD.

It might not be possible to read data with all supported buses.

Which buses do you fly apart from FF A320?

 

Edited by FS++
Additional information

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, FS++ said:

Which buses do you fly apart from FF A320?

 

I have installed the FF A320, the JAR Design A330 and the FF A350. 

The Jar Design is a joke at the current stage and needs thorough refinements, so don't bother with that.

The A350 is probably only days before a major update.

The A320 is in my view a masterpiece and doesn't get changed every other day.

Soon there's going to be a Toliss A321, I'll probably have a look at that one, too.

Thanks for the info on FMA. 

"Reverse green" now the callout.

Minimum callout gone, too!

Very good work like always!

I presume there's no way to modify the callouts somewhere as a user? I was thinking to have a variety of calls for the spoilers deployed, like "speedbrake up", "spoilers" and so on. But I guess you're the only one who can make those changes, right?

 

edit: tested the FF A320 changes, too, and they work! But strangely FO is now unable to change the flap setting... "Flaps one" he repeats "Flaps" and nothing happens...

Edited by CaptainPrecious

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, CaptainPrecious said:

edit: tested the FF A320 changes, too, and they work! But strangely FO is now unable to change the flap setting... "Flaps one" he repeats "Flaps" and nothing happens...

Can you believe it.😊

A direct result of latest fiddling with flaps manipulation, to make it possible to script flaps detents which wasn't possible in earlier versions.

You test it on a few supported aircraft and you think it's OK, then discover others are negatively impacted.

Blunder now fixed. Just use the patch and replace "xpmce.exe" (V1.5.0.3)

Needless to say, main package on website already updated.

Sorry about that.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/14/2020 at 7:30 AM, CaptainPrecious said:

edit: tested the FF A320 changes, too

Actually, with FF A320 V1.0.1 which I only installed a few days ago, it turns out, a number of switches are no longer being activated by Fo.

Now fixed. Re-download patch and replace "xmcffA3X.dll" in \X-Plane 11\MCE dlls\64 Bit\ folder.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry I tried everything, even did a fresh installation of Multi Crew...

I can't untick the "talks a lot" option. You said on the org forums it's got something to do with permissions or something... well I can't figure it out :-(

Can you help me here?

Best regards

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, CaptainPrecious said:

Sorry I tried everything, even did a fresh installation of Multi Crew...

I can't untick the "talks a lot" option. You said on the org forums it's got something to do with permissions or something... well I can't figure it out 😞

Can you help me here?

Best regards

Will be looked at and if necessary, a new package will be uploaded before the end of the week.

You never know when something is broken as a result of many updates..

Will let you know when it's ready.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

    AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

    Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.


    53%
    $13,405.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now
×
×
  • Create New...