Sign in to follow this  
Manny

ENB. WOW!

I don't know how I missed knowing about ENB. But I just got to know about it last week when someone posted about Shade for FSX and then from the ORBX forum someone directed me to REX forum where I saw Timest's ENB links.

You need to be logged into REX Forum

http://www.realenvir.../19-free-stuff/

And tried his BLUESpehere ENB Plus

http://www.realenvir...nload-included/

OMG..this is like going from black and white to technicolor. Simply amazing... Put the three files in your FSX folder and Voila. Shift-F12 toggle if you want to go default /activate ENB or simply remove the three files if it doesn't work for your setup and its free and no FPS loss.

I was reading somehwere where it doesn't work for multi monitor setup. I have 3 + 1 setup and it works ...so far without a glitch. I have gone from full screen to windows and back and I have clicked the mouse all over the places. But I still need to test it some more though.

This is the lowest hanging fruit of all tweeks/enhancement.. No harm in trying..if doesn't work take it out..but if it works ....its FANTASTIC!

I know it may be old news for many of y'all...but for me.,... this is NEW!

OK..I switch Windows and come back, I get black screens... Hmmm...

Manny

Hi Manny,

I tried it many moons ago and while the coloration improved I found there was a definite softening/mild blurring of image quality and so opted out.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

I tried it many moons ago and while the coloration improved I found there was a definite softening/mild blurring of image quality and so opted out.

Same here. The blurring of the NGX instruments is too much for me. MCP digits are blurred and I prefer a crisp picture. I hope one day we can have both, the ENB effects on the sun and lights and non-blurred instrument panels.

Well, if you have Precision X GTX Video software running at the same time as your FSX it will. I have isolated an issue with d3d9.dll not playing nicely with EVGA's new Precision X software. Close the Precision X and then run FSX with ENB in the FSX main folder - you'll find it works now ! :)

Obviously, EVGA said they won't be recoding anything to help the Hacked dll file, so ENB developer will need to address this side of things. I found one piece of info I'm going to try tonight, so I can run Precision X with FSX and ENB and that is to change a compatibility mode option within the Precision X to help with this. We shall see if it corrects the entire problem. I hope it does, as Precision x - cools my GTX 670 down :)

Hope this helps some, as it took me literally DAYS to get this isolated to this software with ENB and Fatal Crashes in FSX.

You guys should try my fix and see if it works for you? If so, you are very welcome LOL :)

Check and see if you're using Precision X software for your GTX card - if so, unload it and run ENB with FSX :) Voila :) it's def causing the issue. I can crash it on command by opening Precision X - latest version.

Remember everyone! -- when you use these ENB files in FSX - make sure you unload Precision X software for your Video Card - otherwise it will probably give you a fatal crash, like it's been doing to me. If you get rid of that, it will work just fine. I'm working on a workaround for this tonight and will post if anyone else needs it, let me know

Thanks

Rob

-- I will stop at nothing to correct these incompatibility issues from coming up that are plaguing me and some of you perhaps ! :)

Foot note: if you're using GTX vid card with Precision X - unload it from bottom tray - bottom right hand corner of screen, right click - Exit/close. Then run ENB in all it's glory. I'm working on a work around so I can run Precision x as well, as it's cooling my video :)

Do you have EVGA software installed? for a GTX video card? Precision x perhaps? If so, unload it and try that. It may just fix this issue as well. I get fatal errors until I unload it.

Thanks

Rob

I'd be willing to try your suggestion as I do have a EVGA 580GTX card, but no Precision X. What then would you recommend? Install it? Did a quick visual scan and I don't see a process (or program) named Precision X.

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

Off topic, but SKEWR - do you really really need to quote the WHOLE post when all you do is refer to the last sentance?? Use the selective quote...

I actually had the same question as "SKEWR".

I have the Nvidia Control Panel and right clicked the tray icon then selected "exit". That seems to help with the problem but I'm still testing.

I also assume this will have no effect on my nvidia Inspector settings but would like confirmation if anyone knows for sure. (Or, perhaps part of my similar problems may have been due to the conflict between Nvidia Control Panel and Inspector?)

Jesse Cochran
"... eyes ever turned skyward"

P3D v5.3 Professional, Windows 10 Professional, Jetline GTX, Gigabyte Aorus X299 Gaming 7 mobo, i7 7740X @ 4.9 GHz, Corsair H115i Liquid Cooling, 32Gb SDRAM @ 3200MHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX1080Ti @ 11 GB

ORBX Global + NALC, ASP3D, ASCA, ENVTEX, TrackIR, Virtual-Fly Yoko Yoke, TQ6+, Ruddo+ Rudder Pedals

Off topic, but SKEWR - do you really really need to quote the WHOLE post when all you do is refer to the last sentance?? Use the selective quote...

Actually yes I do! :P

Joking aside I didn't think it'd be that large. Further off topic I remember posting a fsx.cfg in one of your threads using the "spoiler" or "Code" option which you appreciated. So you should know that I am quite conscious of the "selective quote" button. But that's water on the brodge I suppose...

@N918JC Please let me knowif it works for you and I'll try it.

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

I also assume this will have no effect on my nvidia Inspector settings but would like confirmation if anyone knows for sure. (Or, perhaps part of my similar problems may have been due to the conflict between Nvidia Control Panel and Inspector?)

Exiting the Nvidia control panel will not be a problem.The applet does not need to run.

Let Inspector control your FSX settings(overide Nvidia control panel).

Hope this helps!

By way of follow up; after much testing and adjusting I was unable to get this method to make any lasting difference with the particular issues I am experiencing.

My issue is very unpredictable as far as I have been able to discover (thus difficult to test) and I don't wish to hijack this thread with the details. I just wanted to let you know that this has not produced the results in my very particular case, though it may have some possibilities for others.

Jesse Cochran
"... eyes ever turned skyward"

P3D v5.3 Professional, Windows 10 Professional, Jetline GTX, Gigabyte Aorus X299 Gaming 7 mobo, i7 7740X @ 4.9 GHz, Corsair H115i Liquid Cooling, 32Gb SDRAM @ 3200MHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX1080Ti @ 11 GB

ORBX Global + NALC, ASP3D, ASCA, ENVTEX, TrackIR, Virtual-Fly Yoko Yoke, TQ6+, Ruddo+ Rudder Pedals

Hi Manny,

Same here. The blurring of the NGX instruments is too much for me. MCP digits are blurred and I prefer a crisp picture. I hope one day we can have both, the ENB effects on the sun and lights and non-blurred instrument panels.

Exact same experience here with blurring. At first the ENB mod effect seems spectacular, for which I used for months, but after I dropped using it due to side effects with certain AA modes I realized how extensively it scrubs detail from everything.

Rod O.

i7 10700k @5.0 HT on|Asus Maximus XII Hero|G.Skill 2x16GB DDR4 4000 cas 16|evga RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra|Noctua NH-D15S|Thermaltake GF1 850W PSU|WD Black SN750 M.2 1TB SSD (x2)|Plextor M9Pe .5TB NVMe PCIe x4 SSD (MSFS dedicated)IFractal Design Focus G Case

Win 10 Pro 64|HP Reverb G2 revised VR HMD|Asus 25" IPS 2K 60Hz monitor|Saitek X52 Pro & Peddles|TIR 5 (now retired)

Exact same experience here with blurring. At first the ENB mod effect seems spectacular, for which I used for months, but after I dropped using it due to side effects with certain AA modes I realized how extensively it scrubs detail from everything.

I linked an alternative above,which avoids this, while providing similar effects.

It even has sharpening presets

Try it out.

https://www.assembla.com/spaces/fxaa-pp-inject/documents

I linked an alternative above,which avoids this, while providing similar effects.

It even has sharpening presets

Try it out.

https://www.assembla...nject/documents

Is there any explanation of the files that are listed? Is there a link that puts these files in to context? I am sure I am missing something but when I click on the files, I see the details but none of the explain the utility, how it works, how to install it...

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

Hi Jeff!

I use FXAA tool 4th from top.

Download and place all files in your root fsx directory.

You will see an app ie FXAA tool.This can be used to alter the settings easilly.

To remove it just delete the files.

If you need help on settings let me know

Cheers!

This is what I use via adjustments with the tool.

Anti aliasing:off

Sharpen :on/off , see if you like it

HDR power 4, radius at min

bloom threshold 3, width 2,power 7

Tonemap,gamma1 exposure4 saturation4 bleach1 fog1

Technicolor default/off play around with this

Sepia off