Sign in to follow this  
Comanche

Just Picked up SkyMaxx Extreme

So far, I really like it. For $8, its was worth it. There are some issues. Its not recomemded for HDR (which I never cared for anyhow), but if you do, you should wait until he can make it work well with HDR.

Ive only just started playing with the different combinations of clouds and sky colors, Some were too dark for my taste but I did like the pastel colored sky. Anyhow, it sort of does what Shade did for FSX. everything has a warmer feel to it, which I like. Some may not, its all a matter of taste I suppose.

Here are some quick shots of what it looks like now. I may change the settings, tomorrow when I have some more time to play with it, but this is how it looks now.

Rob

4-29.jpg

1-38.jpg

2-36.jpg

Brilliant screenshots. So...is SkyMaxx Extreme an external program or does it run from within X-Plane 10? Shame about the HDR support, but it still looks well worth especially it if it can produce images like what you have posted.

Great stuff.

Rhydian

And I want that S-92!!!!! Where did you get it from?????

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

And I want that S-92!!!!! Where did you get it from?????

It came out just a few days ago at the .org store. I just bought it yesterday. I havent had a chance to fly it much yet, but so it seems like a really nice aircraft.

Rob

Artistically those shots look very good, but IMHO not very realistic looking. (Except maybe the second shot could pass.) They're too dark, and the color variations look a bit weird to be realistic looking. At least I've never been on a plane where the sky looked like that.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

I Really like it,and I'm still running with HDR enabled

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick