Sign in to follow this  
RoboRay

Kerbal Space Program

Guru is a pretty decent board.. The Watch Dogs fiasco turned the game section into romper room but mods cleared that up pretty well. 

Agree w/ your opinion of Kerbal. It's one of the most complex, yet very well thought out learning curve, educational and fun  game I've ever played.  It can be as easy, or as complex as you want it to be. 

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

:Whistle:

:dance:

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

... it may be simply that KSP is actually fun, but hey, to each their own.  :drinks:

Indeed. Not everything has to be a simulator but then again we are on a forum where "game" is by many considered to be a derogatory term. I'm just happy Squad didn't call it LGM Simulator 201x even though it's more of a simulator that most games with "Simulator" attached to their names.

Rolf Lindbom

wHDDh6t.jpg

I never understood the appeal of this game.  Why do people play this when they could use Orbiter Space Sim?   Orbiter is free and actually realistic.

KSP is much more accessible. It also allows for constructing and testing anything you can imagine without a lot of work, which isn't possible for Orbiter.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

Won't be long now...  

It really needs some kind of 'end-game'.  Once you have developed the science part there is nothing left to do, perhaps a colony building mod interstellar travel...something.

Ian R Tyldesley

It really needs some kind of 'end-game'.  Once you have developed the science part there is nothing left to do, perhaps a colony building mod interstellar travel...something.

Having an "endgame" very much defeats the purpose of KSP. The reason why this game has been going strong since 2011 is that you can do just about anything imaginable without many constraints.

The contract and budget system is just there as a motivator and to help new players get up to spec on the game mechanics. Once you've got all the parts available, it's basically a huge spacebox.

If the contract system works in the same way "Mission Controller" plugin, you'll always be on a budget and thus will require random missions to finance your more ambitious undertakings.

Having an "endgame" very much defeats the purpose of KSP. The reason why this game has been going strong since 2011 is that you can do just about anything imaginable without many constraints.

The contract and budget system is just there as a motivator and to help new players get up to spec on the game mechanics. Once you've got all the parts available, it's basically a huge spacebox.

If the contract system works in the same way "Mission Controller" plugin, you'll always be on a budget and thus will require random missions to finance your more ambitious undertakings.

I think perhaps you misunderstood me.

I didn't literally mean an end to the game, i meant something to aspire too.  Once you have researched all the different parts and managed to land on a fist full of planets there is nothing else to do, other than experiment with more and more ridiculous designs, it gets boring very quickly after that point.  

All i was suggesting was something like a very basic colony establishment part, interstellar travel for exploration and perhaps other populated worlds. 

Ian R Tyldesley

They'll get there.. It's only .24... They've barely just made it roughly a quarter of the way a 1.00 release..  This sandbox is a marathon, not a race and easily some of the best cash I've ever spent. 

BTW Ray, the Saturn V in your Falcon III video, is that based on NovaPunch parts ? Looks great  :smile:

Yes, it does use NovaPunch parts for the Saturn V stages.

Thank you!  :)

KSP is very addictive, great game. I have made it too the mun twice, but have never made it back. 1st successful attempt to make it there and I crashed on the Mun, sent a rescue ship which also crashed, so I have 4 stranded Kerbals.

I'm waiting for .24 to start playing again.. To play on Windows without any memory limitations is going to be awesome. I enjoyed it on Linux but having to reboot to Linux to play Kerbal was a bit annoying.

All i was suggesting was something like a very basic colony establishment part, interstellar travel for exploration and perhaps other populated worlds. 

That's something for later after all the core gameplay mechanics are implemented and straightened out.

Although I think that having multiple solar systems is just more of the same without any additional challenge.

An AI opponent team to race against would be nice, although making it build efficient designs is going to be really tough.

KSP is very addictive, great game. I have made it too the mun twice, but have never made it back. 1st successful attempt to make it there and I crashed on the Mun, sent a rescue ship which also crashed, so I have 4 stranded Kerbals.

Classic!

http://www.kerbalcomics.com/comics/2012-06-22-episode-ten-stranded-squared.png