Sign in to follow this  
Jackbauer

I expected better performance

Hi Guys

I bought prepar3d yesterday and simulation it's much better than FSX for sure. However the performance is the same for not saying worst in some cases (tested with PMDG in Mallorca X) I really was expecting something else.

While flying I've seen that water textures at minumum settings looks like in FSX at 2.0 and I have it on 1.0 high on FSX, I think if I could decrease quality of water on prepar3d then I'll get better performance than on FSX, anyone knows how to modify it on .cfg?? any help is welcome!

My cpu is a Q9300 at 2.88GHZ if anyone is wondering.

Daniel

These posts are slowly starting to beg a question: does P3D run worse on older systems? This is a 2nd person already with an older system who is saying it performs worse.

In any case - please visit my link in the sig, settings for the P3D are provided in the comparison thread - maybe those will help you.

I was thinking the same, no great improvements on FPS with old cpu's. Anyway if I can decreased water graphics in theory It should work much better, but a 20% to say something of low FPS aren't so much FPS.

I think I'wont return the game, 16FPS of prepar3d looks much more smoother than 16FPS on FSX.

BTW, bf=0 and affinitymask doesn't give me much better performance maybe 2-3 FPS more... weird...

Daniel

I think it's more a case of nVidia vs. Radeon. I don't consider my i7 3770k an old system, but there isn't much between FSX and P3D on my system either. It's one of the reasons why I've ordered a MSI GeForce GTX 660 Ti.

I'll keep you posted about the results, but for now to me it seems framerate wise, nVidia user profit the most from a move to P3D.

I was thinking the same, no great improvements on FPS with old cpu's. Anyway if I can decreased water graphics in theory It should work much better, but a 20% to say something of low FPS aren't so much FPS.

I think I'wont return the game, 16FPS of prepar3d looks much more smoother than 16FPS on FSX.

BTW, bf=0 and affinitymask doesn't give me much better performance maybe 2-3 FPS more... weird...

Daniel

What did you expect? You have 16FPS without BP=0, and with it you have 19FPS? That is almost 20% improvement. Besides, you need a powerful system for BP=0, I think I stated this often enough in my FSX tweaking guide.

nVidia user profit the most from a move to P3D.

Quite likely, as on the previous 1.3 version, apparently stutters were appearing on Nvidia cards, and not on ATI - thus I think LM did something with 1.4 to fix the performance on Nvidia cards.

Hi,

have some of you used 100% AI aircraft setting and lot of AI Traffic (MyTrafficX or freeware AI Traffics) ??

In my case, P3D was also giving me worse FPS than FSX... I don't know why.

i7-2600 3.4GHz - 8GB RAM

GeForce GTX570 (1280MB)

NVidia Driver: 295.73

I copied from FSX and installed a lot of AI Traffic from WoAI & other freeware AI... (AI Traffic at 100%)

I've already used "Bufferpool" tweak, etc. from Word Not Allowed's blog.

BR.

Turning down the Refelction settings gave me a massive boost - remember on max this provides many more visuals than FSX and will kill your frames.

Stephen Munn

Reflections and scenery shadowing. I compared under these conditions, didn't even bother having them on, because they kill frames in both sims.

Builds are going to lose shadows, but scenery will still keep it - mountains, hills etc. So Shade will still work.

Turning down the Refelction settings gave me a massive boost - remember on max this provides many more visuals than FSX and will kill your frames.

What are they? Which ones do you mean?

Thanks,

Dirk.

Check the P3D settings in my comparison blog. Slider for water reflections and deactivated scenery shadows.

These posts are slowly starting to beg a question: does P3D run worse on older systems?

Thinking the same thing, Word Not Allowed. i have every add-on running in FSX, with 100% AI traffic, Active Sky, REX, etc. and have smooth results. P3D not even coming close. Might be the 1GB ATI Card.

Hi,

Have you tried to disable the Reflection to "none" in P3D water setting?

I agree that it might eat up the FPS.

BR.

Does having bloom enabled have as big an impact on P3D as it does on FSX?

Does having bloom enabled have as big an impact on P3D as it does on FSX?

Yes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thinking the same thing, Word Not Allowed. i have every add-on running in FSX, with 100% AI traffic, Active Sky, REX, etc. and have smooth results. P3D not even coming close. Might be the 1GB ATI Card.

Scroll down, you'll find an interesting post by me, on the gpu scaling, also my comparison now includes orbx test:

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/48264-p3d-upgrade-feedback/unread/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk