Sign in to follow this  
FIVE-BY-FIVE

Lockheed Martin doesn't like my Mastercard :(

I tried to buy Prepar3d last night with the same credit card i use everyday but keep getting an error message that the transaction did not complete and that I should contact my bank. I emailed LM but no reply yet :(

I emailed LM but no reply yet :(

Unfortunately, we can't help that much in regards to Credit Card transactions. I would wait for them to get back to you. Also, if you have another card, you should try that one instead.

Unfortunately, we can't help that much in regards to Credit Card transactions. I would wait for them to get back to you. Also, if you have another card, you should try that one instead.

Thanks Ben, I will try another card. I'm still alittle scared of buying it because I'm not that good at tweaking a sim trying to get all my FSX Payware to work. I have FSX running great and smooth on my PC with alot alot of Payware.

The nice thing about P3d is that very little tweaking is necessary out of the box. Most add-ons install simply but there are a few that either just do not work or require a bit of tweaking. Don't let that stop you - lots of help is available.

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

The bad thing is. There is very little if any difference in performance , sometime better sometimes worst than FSX,despite some comparisons. The same tweaks in FSX result in the same performance as P3D. You need a migration tool to fool FSX addons to hack P3D into working., Many addons wont work with P3D no matter how hard or hacks installed. There is no opening screen to chose location, time of day weather etc. We wont mention EULA confusion. I went back to using FSX as I see more benefits with it than P3D and never had any more or less performance of reliability issues with FSX as P3D.

Ive run identical setups sided by side since V1.4 was released before coming to this conclusion. each installed on a seperate SDD using same weather, textures, aircraft etc.

Many addons wont work with P3D no matter how hard or hacks installed.

That is the ONLY thing I won't agree here. http://#####...patibiliy-list/

Rest is quite correct, some scenarios are better, some are worse... most are the same though. More smoothness also.

And if it interests, Mayia: my Mastercard also wasn't accepted. My GF's VISA was though :lol:

That is the ONLY thing I won't agree here.

Many may have been too harsh. A few key important ones may have been a better statement.

My GF's VISA was though

Just saw that :good:

My credit card finally worked and I downloaded the 3 files in under 20mins(I have a very fast connection). P3D is beautiful, smooth and fast on my PC. I should have bought it earlier, FSX is going on a long vacation into the recycle bin :lol:

My credit card finally worked and I downloaded the 3 files in under 20mins(I have a very fast connection). P3D is beautiful, smooth and fast on my PC. I should have bought it earlier, FSX is going on a long vacation into the recycle bin

I also liked it, very much, specially the smoothness, much more realistic landclass where I usually fly in RL, and also much better autogen. It is certainly the way to go for MSFS users!

Glad you're enjoying it ;-)

If I had it (just bought the 1 month license) I would not bother installing airplanes/sceneries/whatever not already P3D-ready. It would be a total "cut" with the "past". 3pds will eventually change their minds, even those who initially said they wouldn't support it - this is my belief...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

My credit card finally worked and I downloaded the 3 files in under 20mins(I have a very fast connection). P3D is beautiful, smooth and fast on my PC. I should have bought it earlier, FSX is going on a long vacation into the recycle bin :lol:

:blink: What's the speed of your connection?

Enjoy Prepar3D! Did your credit card just work out of the blue?

Mine also did go very fast, I have 30mbit (not 20min though, more like a bit under an hour).

Mine also did go very fast, I have 30mbit (not 20min though, more like a bit under an hour).

It will be years till my country catches up with connection speeds. -_-

I'm very similar to you also... 35mbit

It will be years till my country catches up with connection speeds. -_-

Which is?