Sign in to follow this  
dburne

Finally enjoying the Cub

Ok so I am slow compared to others, but finally I am flying the Cub and really enjoying it, especially doing clandenstine jobs with it in Alaska, especially when taking off from runways like this one:

2012-9-4_15-25-25-727.jpg

I don't remember it's name, but I call it TPF ( The Pucker Factor ) lol.

Later on in the job, I got to see finally some civilized areas, even with a little color!

2012-9-4_15-43-56-428.jpg

I am pretty sure flying the Cub, one just will not get busted in these Clandenstine jobs in Alaska. I have flown like 7 or 8 of these jobs in a row now, and the only time I see anything it is very briefly, and by the time the copilot finishes warning me about him, the interceptor is gone.

No addon, just the Carbon Cub Deluxe flying a clandenstine job. I took me over this populated area and I was surpised to see the purple color on one of the buildings and grabbed a shot of it.

Same thing with the C-46, I have not been busted yet and I think I have done 3 clandenstine jobs. And another 5 or so in the Cub and I have never seen anything.

I like the CC but it`s too slow for anything over 50-60miles. Great for landing on roofs though! lol.

I especially like getting up high and turning the engine off and just gliding down. With full flaps it can take quite a while. So peaceful.

I like the CC but it`s too slow for anything over 50-60miles.

Yeah the clandenstine jobs I have been flying with it are usually around 46-70nm, about right for the Cub.

I certainly would not want to take it on a long 150+nm job. It is a lot of fun to fly though.

I really love the Carbon Cub too. In my opinion, it's the best quality VC aircraft in Flight. It really gives me the feeling of being in a real cockpit.

She is a joy. We have spent many hours together. My wife is getting very gealous of my time spent with her.