Sign in to follow this  
erixx76

Mike Kelly altered the autogen tree and the cloud textures :

Firehawk44 i have done what you said and it seem

it work a little better then what i thought..

Yes, I removed my entries too and fsx 'feels' better while flying. I can understand Paul's consternation over this issue as Holger is an 'expert' too. I believe what the experts said in the link I provided. In any case, NickN (gee, another expert) says get rid of it as modern systems do not need this tweak even if it does work.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I was wondering about the clouds is there anyway to tweak the clouds..

Can the clouds be atlered i dont have any problems with the tress anymore..

So is there anyways to tweak that instead...

I've never heard of a tweak for clouds. Don't think it's really needed. You can buy one of the payware cloud addon programs like REX, FEX, and AS2012 and I think those programs are pretty frame rate friendly.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Guest timmy_tidewater

I got curious reading these posts, so I opened my FSX.cfg. The 2 lines of info...TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_TREES_PER_CELL=2000

TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_BUILDINGS_PER_CELL=1700 were not even in my cfg (I have the FSX Deluxe edition), so I added them. Then I played with them because I fly a lot in the Twin Cities area and on final approach to KSTP runway 14, there is a very annoying 10 story tall office building very close to the end of the runway and it is very easy to crash into it while landing. Also, the trees on final approach to KSGS runway 16 are too close to the end of the runway, requiring a steep approach even using Jim Keir's wonderful tree removal utility. First, I set the buildings setting to 1 building per cell just to see if I could manipulate these settings, and sure enough, there was only one building per cell seen while flying. Lowering the trees setting also drastically reduced the amount of trees seen while flying. For me, changing the settings to TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_TREES_PER_CELL=500 and TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_BUILDINGS_PER_CELL=54 solved both problems for me at both airports. I could have used the slider in the settings section, but by adjusting the cfg instead, I was able to adjust more precisely in order to get the most trees and buildings displaying as possible while still being able to eliminate the building and trees at KSTP and KSGS. By copying my FSX.cfg to my desktop as a shortcut, it is now easy to access it, making it easy to change the building and trees settings whenever I desire more (or less) buildings and trees when I fly in different locations.

Can the clouds be atlered i dont have any problems with the tress anymore..

So is there anyways to tweak that instead...

What specifically are you trying to tweak with the clouds? You have quite a few options built into FSX already

Jay