Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

AEROSIM 787

I agree--I was going to say the same thing. There may have been a language breakdown. It wouldn't be the first time for me--I actually got insulted by some other companies until I realized English was not their first language and after some discussion the misinterpretation was the major cause of the bad feelings. Once we got past that, most of the time issues seemed to be resolved in a smoother manner.

Sorry to step off topic for a second but I just noticed your Avatar, magentajim.. Are you an ARFF firefighter? I'm working out of a crash station on Albuquerque international sunport..

-Damien

an ARFF firefighter? I'm working out of a crash station on Albuquerque international sunport..

Why yes, actually a Fire Chief. I was in the US at a small airport on the East Coast but I am currently "overseas" on a Government Contract--I flew out that way last year for a AAAE conference at Salt Lake.

Jim Atkins

Before everyone jumps on the bandwagon trashing aerosim, realize English isn't their first language. There may have been a breakdown in the translation.

No one is trashing Aerosim, or at least I am not. I lived in Japan for 5 and half years, and had there been any amibuity in their message to me, I would have known to ask questions. I have, as you can imagine, hundreds of purchased add-on's, and I have never yet had to install, uninstall, clear registry, etc., until the 787. That may be normal processes for some, but this is my first encounter not caused by other factors. "Out of the box" issues that demand that are not normal. Being told to reinstall FSX is not a good answer, no matter the language. They did not suggest a reinstall. So, had I followed their advise I would... well, you get the idea. Language was NOT the issue.

stupid reply from the developper (they already gave me such type of reply when I inquired about how to purchase the product.... It seems that these guys don't need to do business...)

because a developper is acting like a thieve not even trying to support his own customer.

Tom, I don't don't think Damien and I were specifically talking about you.....

Jim Atkins

...English isn't their first language...

What then do you suppose it really meant when it said reinstall FSX?

Mr. Tom, it´s bad that you´re facing this problems with the 787. And of course, reinstall FSX is out of question, a bad recomendation of the developer. All CTD are registered in the event viewer of windows. Even that FSX crashes without any warning something is registered there. You may want to look if there is any useful information there. The 787 gauges are inside this file "AS_B8.dll" and "AS_B787.CAB" in the fs gauges folder. If there is some error related with the plane this files should be mentioned in the crash event log of windows.

I know you master this things but i suggest to take a look in the C++ libraries as well. Sometimes, there are softs that install this libraries without your request making them corrupted for some reason. It already happened to me before. It would be nice to redownload the plane using the link provided too. Maybe it got corrupted thru downloading.

I want to register that i have this plane too and it worked perfectly from the instalation till now. So maybe there is something else involved in the problem that need further investigation. The support was bad but the product is good, i can say that. Well, good luck!

Flavio Cardoso - P3Dv4.5 HF3

Win 10 Pro 64Bits - i74960X 4.5ghz - ASUS Rampage IV Black Ed. - Corsair H150i Platinum - 32gb  Ripjaws Z - ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER SC - MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics

Flavio - the OP has successfully installed the aircraft. And, with that, I'm going to lock any further comments.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10