Sign in to follow this  
glenm

Coolsky DC-9 Released!

I can also confirm the blurry VC overhead panel and i am getting a lot of stuttering. i think it needs a patch

Runs at about 30 fps with no stutters for me at Flightbeam KPHX. All textures are sharp (TML=4096), including the overhead. My only problem was flashing in the VC when TrackIR was active, but this was resolved by reading the manual, which recommends loading a default FSX aircraft at an airport, then loading the DC-9. The Flight Center, NavSim, and voice checklists are excellent. The flight dynamics seem very realistic, and similar to the Leonardo Maddog. I only did a takeoff, slow flight, and some stalls, but everything seemed very realistic and felt nice. Accusim added some shakes and noise before the full stall, and the wind friction sounds good. So far, I am very happy and this is exactly what I was looking for to simulate old jet liner flying.

UPDATE: My framerates are a solid 30 fps with this aircraft.

Very interested in hearing some reviews. I am trying to decide if I want to get this one as I already know I want to get the QW 146 too. I am busy with school right now so I wont make any purchases till December so plenty of time for reviews and updates for me.

I wonder if the gauges in the 2D panel, especially ADI and HSI are vector based (moving smoothly) or the older 2D bitmap style..

Got it. Did a flight. Great flight dynamics and effects. Nice flying airplane.worth the $$ for sure. My only complaints are, the flight deck is way to clean and looks new. Would prefer more wear and tear. Additionally, there is something about the exterior around the flight deck / nose area that seems off, perhaps the flight deck windows are to transparent? Could be just me...

Great plane, can't wait to fly it some more.

Well now weird enough I changed my graphics settings again and have no white squares and overhead looks pretty sharp... Also at one point when I used smoke failure that caused some flashing red squares, one pic about them, they basically kept flashing with very high rate: http://i48.tinypic.com/25so32f.jpg

FPS in VC is still kind of bad though, from 16 to 18.

Do you got usepools=0 in your fsx.cfg?

vatsim s3

1133704.png

Do you got usepools=0 in your fsx.cfg?

No, should it be there? I have ran it through Venetubo tweaker and got good results.

Well, visual artifacts like the ones you experienced can occur if users tweak their bufferpools beyond the default settings, especially when they set usepools=0 or poolsize=0, but it can also occur if people set a too small RejectThreshold value.

vatsim s3

1133704.png

I only got 45 mins with this DC-9 last night and did not even get the engines started. Cold and dark.

This is what I found and thought within that given time.

VC with textures set to 4096 Amazing, super sharp, so if there blurry it's your setting not the DC-9. The only bit that is not hiRes is the cockpit door and how much time to you use looking at that.

FPS at UK2000 EGNX with all sliders at MAX and FPS locked inside FSX =24, so with my "tube/NGX" setting am sure I they will hit the 30 limit.

I set the DC-9 in a cold and dark state and used the trainer and it walks you though every step with pop up 2D views with arrow showing where the buttons are and what state to set them in.

The check list is great and your FO calls for them but you have to do everything its not got FS2Crew build in. But its still very good to have.

So far I would say it's just what I hoped it would be....I must buy because it so different to the NGX but could be just as good and the setting up of failures is better than the NGX

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I only got 45 mins with this DC-9 last night and did not even get the engines started. Cold and dark.

This is what I found and thought within that given time.

VC with textures set to 4096 Amazing, super sharp, so if there blurry it's your setting not the DC-9. The only bit that is not hiRes is the cockpit door and how much time to you use looking at that.

FPS at UK2000 EGNX with all sliders at MAX and FPS locked inside FSX =24, so with my "tube/NGX" setting am sure I they will hit the 30 limit.

I set the DC-9 in a cold and dark state and used the trainer and it walks you though every step with pop up 2D views with arrow showing where the buttons are and what state to set them in.

The check list is great and your FO calls for them but you have to do everything its not got FS2Crew build in. But its still very good to have.

So far I would say it's just what I hoped it would be....I must buy because it so different to the NGX but could be just as good and the setting up of failures is better than the NGX

"I set the DC-9 in a cold and dark state and used the trainer and it walks you though every step with pop up 2D views with arrow showing where the buttons are and what state to set them

great review and the checklist is a winner

ZORAN

Yep and you can open up a moving map as you fly and I read if you click on one of the VOR's it sets it in your nav radio.

How good is that!

Just read thought the support forums and there is nothing worth talking about so far.

2 people get lower than NGX FPS some report more than the NGX.

There might be a bug with flood lighting at night not work correct. There already looking at it.

Anything else is not worth reporting to you.

Please load a default aircraft first is the only thing to note.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Weirdly enough also changing texture max load to higher value because of this bird solved a problem with another addon too. I have been getting extremely low FPS with Feelthere/Wilco 737 (old one which is ported from FS9), however now after changing that value I get a lot better FPS with it.

Good for you :)