Hi Guys,

I need to buy a new joystick to use in FSX and other flight sims but i am having a very bad time in deciding which one to get. I thought about the Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog but it is too expensive (400 euros) and its really a perfect match for the A10 warthog.

I like flying with FSX planes so i was thinking about the Saitek X52 pro since its plug and play in fsx and cheaper at 190 euros. I need a joystick which could be used as an all rounder too and i also believe future expansions are more available with saitek gear.

The saitek x52 pro also has an MFD display on the thrust control unit:

- How useful is this?

- Is it really important in FSX?

- Can we assign airplane controls to it?

What do you guys think:

- Is the saitek x52 pro a good buy for FSX?

- Are you guys happy with your saitek X52 pro and other saitek gear?

Any feedback that can help me decide will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance, happy flying

TOX

Funny you should ask that, I'm going to buy one tomorrow I think. I've seen loads of YouTube vids of folk using it and not having any problems at all. Seems to be a great combo of value for money vs functionlity, yet is still light enough and easy enough to setup.

I looked at the Warthog setup too, but read a lot of reviews about its size and weight, and its "detents" that required people to almost lift it off the table to get it to go over the detents, and I am looking for something clean and quick, for when I dont feel like having the entire Saitek Pro-flight kit sat in front of me for hours on end..

Would be good for Airbus birds too :-)

Funny you should ask that, I'm going to buy one tomorrow I think. I've seen loads of YouTube vids of folk using it and not having any problems at all. Seems to be a great combo of value for money vs functionlity, yet is still light enough and easy enough to setup.

I looked at the Warthog setup too, but read a lot of reviews about its size and weight, and its "detents" that required people to almost lift it off the table to get it to go over the detents, and I am looking for something clean and quick, for when I dont feel like having the entire Saitek Pro-flight kit sat in front of me for hours on end..

Would be good for Airbus birds too :-)

well did you get it?

how is the flying going?

Any more post replies to my q's.

thanks

Hiya Tox

Funny you should ask today, as I've been trying to get one new from high street shops since I posted that..

Went to my local PC world that day and they dont sell it, nor others, so today I bought one on ebay, for about half price, got the X52 Pro...

Just picked it up this evening, so will post back on how it goes for you :-)

Feels very comfy though, and doesnt look like a huge monstrosity..

I have the non pro and it is just fine. You can if you want just plug it in and play.

I have lately though been wanting more and more a yoke, as not many of the planes I fly in FSX have a throttle on the left and stick on the right/center.

Also, one thing about it I don't like. The cord from the throttle body to the stick is long, I mean long, and the main cord to your computer is so so short. Almost like they got the blueprints mixed up when they mass produced these things. Makes for a fun setup if you are like me and have a massive exec desk.

Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog Flight Stick :p0504: is what I own love it!!!!

so can you give me an idea on how you make use of it in fsx? is it easy to set switches to fsx planes?

Hi,

I have one of the early X52 Pro and there is a BIG fault, the MFD does not function when running WIN 7 64.

If you search for it, there are many X52 Pro owners who have the same problem.....search for Saitek X52 Pro MFD messed up.

As I understand, after a specific serial number it works (newer stics), some eprom change made by Saitek.

There is no cure or fix for the older ones as I know of.

Regards

Goran

Goran Arvnell

thanks for that tip gason, i am on the search and like you said there are a lot of this issues going on with no cure, bad news.

Just wanted to offer some feedback on the X52 Pro I got less than a week ago now, but I cant stop playing FSX since getting it... It bloomin great.

Mine has the same messed up little green screen on it, but I totally couldnt care less, I dont look at that..

Can anybody name an aircraft that actually has a screen right at the base of the throttle? Probably not...

The X52 Pro feels awesome, comfortable, solid, well made, has excellent self centering and isnt horribly stiff like the Logitech G940 was, and this thing stays in 1 place when throwing it about a bit too..

For me, its a winner, I love it, it can sit on my desk till its worn and broken...

I managed to pick mine up half price via eBay too, so a double win-win...

Just wanted to offer some feedback on the X52 Pro I got less than a week ago now, but I cant stop playing FSX since getting it... It bloomin great.

Mine has the same messed up little green screen on it, but I totally couldnt care less, I dont look at that..

Can anybody name an aircraft that actually has a screen right at the base of the throttle? Probably not...

The X52 Pro feels awesome, comfortable, solid, well made, has excellent self centering and isnt horribly stiff like the Logitech G940 was, and this thing stays in 1 place when throwing it about a bit too..

For me, its a winner, I love it, it can sit on my desk till its worn and broken...

I managed to pick mine up half price via eBay too, so a double win-win...

thanks for the post reply on the x52 pro,

so is it just as good as the thrustmaster hotas warthog? you have any mates that use the warthog.

so is it just as good as the thrustmaster hotas warthog? you have any mates that use the warthog.

No idea why your asking me mate, I dont have the warthog, and deliberately chose not to buy that one after what I saw it doing in several YouTube vids..

I was going to get the warthog, but when I saw how the ident works on the throttle, that was enough to put me off... I'm not lifting that big heavy &@($* clumsy throttle..

Shame too because it looked awesome, but is shear size also was off-putting, I wanted a stick that I could push to one side and still see my PC screen too.

The X52 Pro programes easy peazy with FSZ, you dont need the Saitek software, only the rivers and it will work straight away, I havent setup anything yet, I'm still using it in its default config.