Sign in to follow this  
V1VrV2

List of Outstanding Issues/Bugs - B200 Edition

Note: Please see this thread for the background/motivation behind keeping this list.

To hit the high points and put things in perspective: This thread is a community-driven effort to identify and keep a repository of known issues and/or bugs that are present in the Carenado B200. This is not a thread to bash this or any other developer or to compare developers as their collective hard work is greatly appreciated within our community. This thread is a place to 1) inform potential customers of any issues that may or may not be considered "deal breakers" to that particular individual, and 2) to provide constructive and helpful feedback to the developer to allow them to address possible issues in order to help us all maximize our enjoyment of this aircraft.

If you have a bug or issue to submit, please note it in this thread and together, the community will work to confirm the issue (or provide an alternative workaround). Upon confirmation, the issue will be added to the tracking spreadsheet.

Again, please keep feedback constructive! As always, your cooperation is appreciated! :smile:

Link to the tracking spreadsheet: https://docs.google....aXdPME1wajUxdFE

• Upvote 1

Trevor Bair

CMEL+IR | PA32R-301T & C208B
My Real World Travels

I love this plane. But I see a little problem. When I am cruising at FL240 my ALT reads 2992. I am showing I am at 23568.

2012-10-18_17-5-23-897.jpg

Just a few things I noticed:

1 - The A/C N1 Low light illuminates with the Air Conditioning OFF

2 - The Auto Ign switches come on and stay on after engaging the starters. (C90 did the same)

3 - The Auto Ignition does not arm below 400 torque (It actually does nothing)

4 - The autofeather lights illuminate with the switch instead of arming correctly

5 - Prop Ammeter shows the system is on with the switch off

6 - Taxi light is fairly useless at night, it doesn't illuminate far enough ahead of the aircraft

7 - The Generator Off lights come on and off with the switch position (even with the engines off)

8 - The Master Warning and Master Caution lights will start flashing again after being reset (with no new cautions/warnings)

9 - TCAS (Very loud and annoying)

This is just the few things (being picky) that I noticed so far.

I know that we need to be constructive but Carenado don't address bug... take a look at the C90 incredible list of bugs which has not been resolved.

They made a very small SP1 in order to calm down all these peoples upset about their plane

It was a the same and very constructive and passionate list made by you. However, Carenado is making too much plane and don't have time to address anything...

But I'm quite happy to see all this list here this is a sort of a review and as usually their plane is full of bugs...

I won't buy this one...

Thank you for your help and your remark

Guest JustanotherPilot

GNS 530 #1 doesn't seem to load GPS approaches (no approaches listed) and the airport selector knob is askew for rotating, for entering highlighted airport data, the inherent Carenado GPS problem of being too bright in terrain mode still exists

Here's the list of issues I am seeing:

1) TACAS. Vertical speed bug - it keeps jumping up and down between the set value and 1500 ft/min. This is provided the set value is lower than 1500 ft/min. Not sure it would behave the same way if I set the vertical speed to let's say 2000 ft/min. This being said the real climbing vertical speed remains equal to the set value.

2) TACAS. The vertical speed gauge upper arc flickers and disappears at times. The upper top of the gauge becomes completely black. Not sure why.

3) Engines. I think the engine reaction time to throttle position change (hysteresis) is way out of wack. It takes 2-3 seconds for the props to spool after I advance the throttle.

That's it for the time being.

Mike

Best regards,

Mike

Oil pressure stays in yellow arc. Map mode doesn't work.

Real Deraps

GPS problem of being too bright in terrain mode still exists

Hope the guy that fixed the other carenado gps "brightness" will fix it for u. I am again passing this time on the B200 also.

I love this plane. But I see a little problem. When I am cruising at FL240 my ALT reads 2992. I am showing I am at 23568.

2012-10-18_17-5-23-897.jpg

This isn't a bug if you're using real weather. Flight levels (above 18,000 feet in the US and at various other altitudes elsewhere in the world), the assumption is that it would be too hard to constantly update your altimeter setting as you fly through constantly changing weather conditions. The solution is that all aircraft set their altimeters to 29.92"/1013 millibars, which means that pretty much no one's altimeter is giving them the correct altitude in feet MSL, but also that everyone is wrong by the same amount, so altitude separation can still be maintained.

Best Regards,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

Pinner, Middx, UK

Beta tester for PMDG J41, NGX, and GFO, Flight1 Super King Air B200, Flight1 Cessna Citation Mustang, Flight1 Cessna 182, Flight1 Cessna 177B, Aeroworx B200

This isn't a bug if you're using real weather. Flight levels (above 18,000 feet in the US and at various other altitudes elsewhere in the world), the assumption is that it would be too hard to constantly update your altimeter setting as you fly through constantly changing weather conditions. The solution is that all aircraft set their altimeters to 29.92"/1013 millibars, which means that pretty much no one's altimeter is giving them the correct altitude in feet MSL, but also that everyone is wrong by the same amount, so altitude separation can still be maintained.

Thanks for the info!

Here's the list of issues I am seeing:

1) TACAS. Vertical speed bug - it keeps jumping up and down between the set value and 1500 ft/min. This is provided the set value is lower than 1500 ft/min. Not sure it would behave the same way if I set the vertical speed to let's say 2000 ft/min. This being said the real climbing vertical speed remains equal to the set value.

2) TACAS. The vertical speed gauge upper arc flickers and disappears at times. The upper top of the gauge becomes completely black. Not sure why.

3) Engines. I think the engine reaction time to throttle position change (hysteresis) is way out of wack. It takes 2-3 seconds for the props to spool after I advance the throttle.

That's it for the time being.

Mike

Thats how turbo props are in real life only piston engines give instant response turbines have to spool up, hence the wait time.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

GPS problem of being too bright in terrain mode still exists

If you talk about the avidyne, Bert Pieke have added a line to the config file for the G500 that will have it "dimmed" by default, for the c90. The B200 will have same config file and I am sure if you add the variable to the B200 config file it will be defaulted "dimmed" at startup. I cant find the post for you, maybe Bert can enlighten everybody again on what he did.

something like below that need to be added.

1 (>L:EX500_Dimmer, enum) //brightness [0-very bright, 1-Dimmed]

edit-- another question

I understand the "external power" switch and the gear lever "test" button has dissapeared in the B200. (it is in the c90)

can someone tell us if it should be there in the B200 ?

Never seen an external power switch, and I get them up on external power pretty much every week. External power on, annunciator light on, battery switch on, cancel cautions - you're set. I rarely bother with getting the avionics up though, as I'm working with mission systems.

Couple of notes from my first real flight in the Carenado BE20.

1. I get condensation in the wingtip vortices at normal climb speeds, at least from FL200 and up. At FL300 they were there up to 150+ KIAS, but gone at 155 KIAS. OAT so cold that high mosture content wasn't the issue. Not right.

2. Sound seems OK to me. I spend a lot of time in BE20s as technical crew, and I recognize the audio environment well. I never fly without a headset though, so that's my reference point.

3. Turning off the messages in the GNS530 by holding the MSG button only works on the undocked 2D version of the Garmin. On the VC 3D version, MSG is still active.

4. Turning the copilot OBS knob affects the L/H side OBS as well. The C/P OBS has a dead area of maybe ten degrees around 180 degrees where turning the knob doesn't move the needle. The needle then jumps to the other side of this area as you keep turning. At the time, I had the L/H OBS at a 180-ish setting, so there could be a connection there.

5. The ITT decreases with altitude in the Carenado model. That's not right. They still rely on the FSX turboprop model?

6. The Y/D is misbehaving as you reach the higher levels. The aircraft goes into a dutch roll above FL200 or so at normal climb IAS.

7. The prop sync isn't working right as you climb. #2 prop RPM starts oscillating, and torque with it. This naturally results in some interesting yaw behaviour.