Sign in to follow this  
kiwiflyer45

Freeware Alert - Don't Miss This One!

I have a few really blue roofs

I have them, too. And I believe to see them at google maps.

If you go east (I live in eastern Germany near the Czech border) you will experience that blue and green (poisonious green) roofs are of quite common taste there.

This one is from Tbilisi:

Back to the topic - I'd also like to see ZBAA made in this quality, together with my favourite destinations in China: ZULS and ZWWW (both with surrounding area - there are many more blue roofs...!)

Harald

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

Ah! Thanks chaps, who said FS wasn't educational?

In the northern hemisphere, I've never been further east than Austria, so never noticed blue roofs... wonder what's the attraction?

China's a big place, guys like Skysoft help us get to know something about that part of the world, starting with Blue Roofs!

never noticed blue roofs... wonder what's the attraction?

They want to see their blue house discussed within Avsim forum, I guess.

There was once a photoscenery project for Tbilisi, indeed, but it seems to be dead. I can't even find it in the web.

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

WingZ, this is the UGTB airport scenery, which I use for years now (should be AES'ed anyway...). But there seemed to be ongoing work on a phototerrain of the whole city including some landmarks as the TV tower/Mtatsminda mountain. Now I have found it -

Here:

http://saiti.ge/UGTB_Tbilisi.html

Maybe the airport scenery is the beta version of this project...?

Back to topic; I checked other Skysoft freeware sceneries. I like ZULZ Luzhou Lantian particularly - a lot of blue roofs there. But I experience totally blurried textures there around the airport; a phenomenom I experience nowhere else in the FS2004 world. Very suspicious.

Edit: DXT3fixer solved the problem, there were a lot of textures without alpha-channel set.

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

Once over the blue-shock, ZLXY is very nice.

You do need to fix Mips and Alpha though...

I especially like the way the photoreal edges are trimmed, they seamlessly blend with my present GE Pro install.

They want to see their blue house discussed within Avsim forum, I guess.

There was once a photoscenery project for Tbilisi, indeed, but it seems to be dead. I can't even find it in the web.

Thanks for giving me my best laugh of the day Harald! :LMAO:

The blue roofs are some of those really funny things for non-Chinese people when they arrive in China for the first time. I've never understood why that is. But blue roofs are really quite common in this country, particularly in the countryside.

Thanks for giving me my best laugh of the day

Mostly, I get help from you mates, so let me at least give some laughter back...

But speaking seriously, maybe there is some special clay with specific minerals colouring the burnt roof-tiles blue; and now there are used artificial made tiles which are painted even more blue.

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

This is really nice scenery. But does anyone have a problem with the AFCAD? It looks fine in AFCAD2, but AI aircraft taxi through parking stands, occupied or not. For example, one route to the runways is straight through Parking 30.

I have no other AFCAD for ZLXY - just to be sure, I have used the out-of-the-box scenery.cfg file and added ZLXY as the 39th. entry. After asking to taxi to the runway, the usual pink arrows still go through gates occupied by aircraft.

Usually pretty good at sorting this kind of thing, but I am stumped now!

Martin

I have changed a number of 'Apron Routes', those which don't lead to parking spots, to Taxiways, but still AI a/c go through parking (20-34) rather than take the taxiways to the runway.

The only way I resolved this was to cut all the apron links between the parking spots 20-34 and the taxiway used by aircraft at the jetways/gates, so that aircraft at the latter cannot cut through a/c parking. Odd that, in the original AFCAD, a/c are sent via apron routes and through parking spots rather than along taxiways.

Martin

Thanks to a tip from a fellow forum member, I have just discovered an absolute freeware gem. It is the SOKO Galeb, a military jet trainer made in the former Yugoslavia. It's in the library and it is definitely "up there" with some of the absolute best freeware offerings like the ISRA Mirage III and the Section8 F86. Don't be put off by the fact that it is made for either FS2002 or FS9 - it is really quite cutting edge by even today's FS9 standards. It's freeware - it installs cleanly without adding any extra files except a couple of effects files - and it has some really impressive features.

Check it out folks!! i can't believe I haven't heard any mention of this before......

Cheers

Ian

Thanks to a tip from a fellow forum member, I have just discovered an absolute freeware gem. It is the SOKO Galeb, a military jet trainer made in the former Yugoslavia. It's in the library and it is definitely "up there" with some of the absolute best freeware offerings like the ISRA Mirage III and the Section8 F86. Don't be put off by the fact that it is made for either FS2002 or FS9 - it is really quite cutting edge by even today's FS9 standards. It's freeware - it installs cleanly without adding any extra files except a couple of effects files - and it has some really impressive features.

Check it out folks!! i can't believe I haven't heard any mention of this before......

Cheers

Ian

Yes its quite good! I would highly recommend it as well.

http://library.avsim...rm=galeb_11.zip

At the time I actually tried my best to return its thumbnail to the library listing after the 2009 hack, found a way to do it by adding it (and 1 more) to the description - sadly doing that for every file is not feasible.

Been working on a way to be able to return the lost images of some files from the hack. Making slow progress on that - but progress nonetheless.

Yes its quite good! I would highly recommend it as well.

http://library.avsim...rm=galeb_11.zip

At the time I actually tried my best to return its thumbnail to the library listing after the 2009 hack, found a way to do it by adding it (and 1 more) to the description - sadly doing that for every file is not feasible.

Been working on a way to be able to return the lost images of some files from the hack. Making slow progress on that - but progress nonetheless.

Thank you for all the great work you do

Check it out folks!!

Just did. Spent the last hour in it, great plane! Really great tip, I highly appreciate it.

I always come away from finding out about a plane like this wondering what other great freeware planes I'm missing out on. Felt the same way after discovering (by pure accident, was looking for Canadian scenery) the amazing Section8 F86. I often think that there should be a forum sticky with the top, say, 10 freeware planes listed. ^_^

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.