Sign in to follow this  
garydpoole

Cheapest B747 Flight into or out of UK ?

Hello all

Having been an aviation enthusiast for virtually all my life, I feel that I've missed out on something special by never flying on a 747.

I'm just wondering what's the cheapest way of getting a 747 flight into or out of the UK ? Ideally it would take the form of some short haul 'tag-along' flight, but I'm not sure if these exist anymore.

I guess the aircraft types can change at a moment's notice but willing to take the chance.

Any suggestions please ?

Regards

Gary

If you wait a bit you'll get the chance to fly from London to Paris on a BA A380 as part of their A380 crew training!!

If you wait a bit you'll get the chance to fly from London to Paris on a BA A380 as part of their A380 crew training!!

Paris hasn't been Confirmed

No where has been conformed, it is LIKELY, however, it will serve to Madrid :)

Wow, that's really good to know. Except that the OP specifically asked about flying on a 747. So how does your post fit into the thread?

Virgin Airlines goes to Newark, New Jersey or maybe a seat sale on a BA flight to KJFK or KMIA. Not really a short hop but you can grab some good deals these days. Catch some Miami Sun while you are at it.

Cheers

Matthew Kane

As far as I know BA fly the B747 to Moscow sometimes....

Regards,

Ró.

I can confirm this, I flew back from Moscow to Heathrow two days ago on a BA B747, which was the aircraft scheduled to fly the route.

What you could try is going to http://www.flightradar24.com/ and filter for an aircraft type of B74 (for all 747s) and optionally airports in the UK and watch all 747s coming and out of the UK.

It may take a while to find a suitable flight but in the meantime it's interesting to watch :smile:.

Many thanks for all your replies, guys.

Not really a short hop but you can grab some good deals these days. Catch some Miami Sun while you are at it.

So far, this seems the best bet - BA appears to show a 747 on every Miami flight.

Shall report back on further findings...

Regards